Taking Finasteride 0.25 For Dupa (diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia)

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. Will keep you updated.

Attachments

• IMG_20170420_220249.jpg
    IMG_20170420_220249.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 2,289

Jay102389

My Regimen
Reaction score
DUPA also Androgen related, there is no way around all this to avoid the use of finasteride, is rather jump on finasteride or lose hair, minoxidil will baerly slow down the process.

You have DUPA? Just curious in what way finasteride helped. Thanks man

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey sisen did you get any sides. And how long until the hair fall stopped. If I can keep what I lost(which is a lot) I would still be happy. I tried rogain a few years ago and it made my hair worse so I got off it. Any advice would be great

I had given up and was shaving my head. But even my skinny head was so extremely greasy.. my dad even asked me if I oil my head (while washing the pillows), it was that bad! So when I decided to fight, that time I'm not really sure if I did lose hair, however if I run my hand through my hair now, I don't catch any. But that could also be because there is nothing much to catch!

Sides? For one week after taking duta I had considerably low libido. Same when I just started spironolactone. Today even with 150mg my libido is only average (when previously it was insanely high, infact it was uncomfortably high).

When I started duta I noticed a LOT of pimples on my forehead... which I always pop as habbit. I think lowered DHT skyrocketed T which caused acne. 50/100mg spironolactone didn't do the trick, but with 150mg have been pimple free for 3 weeks, so correct dosage I presume.

thanks for your post, please keep us updated.

does your scalp itch ?

Yes prior to medicines it did itch. Sometimes I would pull out hair from my crown region to ease the itching. Today there is a gentle itch, like if I run my hand through, or just do a gentle finger press in the itchy spot, it subsides.

Jay102389

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question sorry, but why duta over finasteride. (DUPA has hit me really hard and fast so I'm still trying to understand everything including options)

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question sorry, but why duta over finasteride. (DUPA has hit me really hard and fast so I'm still trying to understand everything including options)
Because dutasteride is the nuke. I didn't do any bloodwork so no idea of the strength, thats where I am stumped. Taking spironolactone I could probably be on finasteride for same dht inhibition. I have a health checkup (company endorsed) on 26th, so did some T and DHT tests prior to it, on 19th, waiting for results to get a clear picture.

mikes23

Reaction score
taking .25 mg 3 times a week worked for me. prior to that when I took finasteride 1mg everyday or 3 times a week I had episodes of what felt like vertigo. this happened 3 times to me. first time it lasted one day. the next time I was throwing up and extremely dizzy for 2 days, and then I was slightly dizzy. also had brain fog for 2 weeks. its crazy because when I saw people say they had brain fog on finasteride I was like how the hell do you diagnose that, but when you get it you know. so I went to a otolaryngology and he ran some test. wanted to run more test but I couldn't afford it. eventually I lowered the finasteride even more and I had one more vertigo episode a few months later. the incident happen during an event. I took a sh*t ton of bonine but didn't help. luckily I wasn't puking everywhere, but my head was spinning. it subsided the following day but this scared me and I started to wean myself of finasteride the next few months. this is when I took finasteride .25 mg 3 times a week, then .25 2 times a week. been of finasteride 6 months and have not had another incident like that but still sometimes feel a little brain fog in the morning. I don't know if this is from finasteride or another reason. but I can almost guarantee the vertigo episodes where from finasteride, never had them prior. I'm going to try Ru now, but if that doesn't work I might just have to go back on finasteride.

Jay102389

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where would I get Ru?? It sounds like something maybe less effective but also less riskier. Those vertigo episodes don't seem right.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where would I get Ru?? It sounds like something maybe less effective but also less riskier. Those vertigo episodes don't seem right.
man, if it's this severe i advice you to stop and give other treatments a try.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, got my blood test report today, my T is around 500 (forgot normal range and metrics), and my DHT was 2344, where normal range is considered 550-900. Now I finally know whats wrong with me. I will get back with the metrics.

I have been taking finasteride since dec, and finasteride+dutasteride since jan. I switched to generic from brand a month back. Can anyone advice what to do next, and when to get my DHT examined? The test is kinda pricy.

Now I know what to fight, so I feel happy, but sad at the same time since DHT inhibition is clearly not working.

Imagine 500 + 2344 t/dht is too much for a person on spironolactone 150mg and 0.5mg dutasteride? I just doubled my doses, will test again in a month.

Also please advice my next move. Doctors obviously don't give any fucks.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My DHT is insanely high. Here are the right metrics.

Serum testosterone: 5.3ng/mL (1.43 to 9.23) [Chemiluminescence]
DHT (5-Alpha Dihydrotestosterone): 2344 pg/mL (250-900) [Serum,ELISA]

This is with 150mg spironolactone, 0.5mg dutasteride, 10mg biotin, 5mg min (probably don't take effect at all)

I have doubled all dosage, will test soon.

LeonardoM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new in forum, I also have DUPA and I don't use nothing yet. I will try put pictures. In my case the hair in side of head are really thin. I'm looking for someone who haves a successful treatment (At least it stopped falling). In a brazil forum they talk about a successful treatment made by the doctor Milton Peruzzo. But how the post are very old, I can't see the pictures of treatment. My case is severe and i'm CRAZY with that... (sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
didn't you by any chance lose a lot of weight before losing hair ?

LeonardoM

My Regimen
Reaction score
didn't you by any chance lose a lot of weight before losing hair ?

No, I don't loose weight. Why? you loose? But I think that when started my hair loss I was in a period most stressed. I really believe that who has DUPA, is aggravated by the stress.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i lost a lot of density when i lost a lot of weight in a short time, and i'm living in serious stress since two years.

LeonardoM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now i read in your first post that your mother have I kind of hairloss... My mother too. Now that she are older, is notable some kind of hair loss. I talk this because my father don't have DUPA...

LeonardoM

My Regimen
Reaction score
i lost a lot of density when i lost a lot of weight in a short time, and i'm living in serious stress since two years.
Me too bro, probably its for stress... not all, but we have propensity and with stress, gets worse.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we don't know anything about it for now. it might be very simple or very complicated to cure.
this sucks man.

Jay102389

My Regimen
Reaction score
for my case of DUPA, it came on very fast and not only did my hair diffuse all over quickly but I lost heart everywhere quickly. Went for a perfect hairline to a NW3 in less than 2 months. The hardest part was losing so many hairs and none of the hairs that I lost grew back. I'm in the process of looking for a hair replacement because I've lost hope. Hopefully your situations aren't as bad. Best of luck