Taking an unplanned break!

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 4 or 5 years and believe I have kept my hair in pretty great shape so far. But due to ridiculous over spending this Christmas, I am now left with being unable to fill a finasteride prescription. By the time pay day rolls around, it'll have been 3 to 4 weeks without a pill... Should I beg steal or borrow the money to get the medication? Or will I be ok? This is stressing me ouuut!!!!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
get some generic stuff online!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Flaming - shoot me a PM - I will help you out through the dry spell.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
irrelevant maybe but i've seen a few posts like that from you recently admin - i don't know if it's something you've always done but either way it's a really, really cool thing you're offering to do.
f

TEDDYRUKSPIN

Reaction score
Flaming flaps. I can't tell you how your head or hair will be behave as each individual responds differently when they come off finasteride. I have stopped taking propecia for over 6 weeks before and I did not see any receding.

There is no written proof of how fast people will start to recede. All the prescription documents state is that you should lose all finasteride kept hair by the 12 month period. Not great for us guys at all.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I was taking fake stuff (purchased online) for about 3 months, and I only lost a little notable amount. I'm sure you'll be ok.

However...why not talk to your Doctor and get a script for generic proscar (5mg finasteride)? Cut that pill into quarters and take 1/4 a pill every day. I fill mine at walmart, and I get 32 days (8 pills) for $4. There is NEVER a time where you're too poor for $4.