Take A Look At What Oral Minoxidil Did To My Left Temple

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn these results are great. I experienced something close to this, but now my results are almost totally Gone. All the small hairs are gone and my hairline is receding badly again with that itch on the right side.

I know it’s still “working” because my eyes are so swollen with fluid like they were when I first starterd

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on oral minoxidil? I’ve used it for a while but very low dosage. 1mg. Past month maybe month and a half I’ve took 5mg then upped to 10. The side of my hair like beside the side of my eyes seems to be joining onto my eyebrows wtf! This is powerful stuff.
should I stop coffee in the morning?
I use 5mg every 12 hours.. is one pill 10mg before bed any different to me splitting these dosages?

any insight to your experience would be greatly appreciated mate

I have been taking it since september/october 2018, i just take mine before bed, i don't see any benefit to taking twice a day personally. Since i also take spironolactone i don't need to worry about water retention etc a natural solution to water retention is dandelion root, that is supposed to be a diuretic but i have never tried it.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn these results are great. I experienced something close to this, but now my results are almost totally Gone. All the small hairs are gone and my hairline is receding badly again with that itch on the right side.

I know it’s still “working” because my eyes are so swollen with fluid like they were when I first starterd

Can you tell me your experience? When did you see growth ect? What grew what never ie.. hands/eyebrows.

also, any other side effects?

thanks
I just started this today at the same 5mg morning and evening. I think it's better to split it up. It might be retained in scalp tissue the same way it is in heart tissue, but there's no way for us to know.

Approximately 90% of an oral dose of minoxidil is absorbed from the GI tract. Antihypertensive effects begin within 30 minutes of oral administration, and, although the plasma half-life is approximately 4 hours, antihypertensive effects can last 75 hours. Despite the prolonged duration of action, no drug is detected in the plasma after 24 hours. This prolonged duration of effect may be explained by drug retention in vascular smooth muscle tissues.
https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Minoxidil-minoxidil-774.98

Hi mate, I just thought the application is x 2 daily so I thought possibly the pills would benefit from this. How you going with oral minoxidil? Any benefits?

what I have definitely noticed I have like ZERO scalp hair fall!! Even when I was nothing falls man which kinda makes me over look any side effects

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me your experience? When did you see growth ect? What grew what never ie.. hands/eyebrows.

also, any other side effects?

thanks

Within the first two weeks of me using it, my hair on the sides were growing into my eye brows.. had A LOT of small black hairs growing near temples and along hairline. This was at 2.5mg a day. I upped the dosage to around 7.5mg a day and my eyebrows got thicker, hair on fingers and arms got longer and darker, etc..

slowly my hair started to just stop responding and I noticed all those promising hairs along my hairline and what not were gone. Now 7 months later, I’m still on it but it’s like I never started. I just have swollen eyes.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two month in on oral minoxidil, month one 5mg month two 10mg..

I see lots of dark hair along the hairline had to see unless I put phone like to hairline, lots of blond light hairs also..

Are these likely to go terminal or am I gonna just be looking at them not budging for the next 3 months lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two month in on oral minoxidil, month one 5mg month two 10mg..

I see lots of dark hair along the hairline had to see unless I put phone like to hairline, lots of blond light hairs also..

Are these likely to go terminal or am I gonna just be looking at them not budging for the next 3 months lol
They may go terminal, but it will take a long time.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They may go terminal, but it will take a long time.

Have you got any experience with oral minoxidil at 5 meg or 10mg? If so could you let me know your thoughts? I see you’re using a lot of medications, I’m mainly wanting my hairline to add more density the rest of my head is fine, do you have any advice/recommendations that may help.

thank you

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using the same amount as you, but only recently started it. Besides extreme regimens the best things for regrowing your hairline are dutasteride, oral minoxidil, and microneedling. IMO PGE2 is probably the strongest growth promoter aside from things like estrogen, so if you want to add anything look into that and microneedling.

Thanks for the reply, I’ve never come across IMO PGE2, is this widely available? I agree with extreme regimes. For me my hair means everything. Can Estrogean be used locally (hairline) without causing systemic issues? I want
Kids and stuff eventually don’t want to totally nuke my chances of this.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using the same amount as you, but only recently started it. Besides extreme regimens the best things for regrowing your hairline are dutasteride, oral minoxidil, and microneedling. IMO PGE2 is probably the strongest growth promoter aside from things like estrogen, so if you want to add anything look into that and microneedling.

Hey pegasus, what do you think about diclofenac (voltaren)?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey pegasus, what do you think about diclofenac (voltaren)?

There are better things out there to target IL-6 and PGD2 without inhibiting PGE2 like diclofenac does. PGD2 inhibitors check out ramatroban or OC. Eplerenone inhibits IL-6, and has additional positive effects on hair growth, but it reduces blood pressure.

Jambo

Reaction score
Good that it grows hair but it just seems an unnatural result.

How is your right temple?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are better things out there to target IL-6 and PGD2 without inhibiting PGE2 like diclofenac does. PGD2 inhibitors check out ramatroban or OC. Eplerenone inhibits IL-6, and has additional positive effects on hair growth, but it reduces blood pressure.

thank you for your response !

I have some volaren right now, do you think it has a positive effect on hair despite the fact that it reduces PGE2 ?

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good that it grows hair but it just seems an unnatural result.

How is your right temple?
I dont have a before pic but my right temple was nuked. It reached my sideburn. But look at it now. Take my word for it, it regrew. But I became a wolfman.

Attachments

• 20200623_005547.jpg
    20200623_005547.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 930

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont have a before pic but my right temple was nuked. It reached my sideburn. But look at it now. Take my word for it, it regrew. But I became a wolfman.

Do you think most of your growth has from
10mg minoxidil?

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe so. It really boosted the regrowth

grim, in two months in and I’m seeing more body hair, eye brows and between my eye brows and hair all growing, when can I expect to see hairline growth, or when did you? I know everyone’s different man.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
grim, in two months in and I’m seeing more body hair, eye brows and between my eye brows and hair all growing, when can I expect to see hairline growth, or when did you? I know everyone’s different man.
7-9 month mark the regrowth came in on my hairline.