Take A Look At What Oral Minoxidil Did To My Left Temple

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
crazy results man you don't seem to have any upper eyelid puffiness either looking at that pic. Did you notice any increase in forehead/under eyelid wrinkles since starting min?
I didn't notice anything like that to be bonest.

Do you still use topical minoxidil as well?
I do still use topical.

When did you first started seeing results?Im at month 4 and still pretty much nothing to report.

I took about 9 months.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention to anyone reading this, that oral minoxidil has helped me with retrograde alopecia.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't notice anything like that to be bonest.

I do still use topical.

I took about 9 months.
Gotta say, i've noticed that most significant successes, minus NWO Bridge, have oral min in the mix. I still remember a quote from Anxious Andy after he finally won the hairloss battle something like "I will use oral min until the day or die or until something better comes along."

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good regrowth, but I'd be concerned with the excessive facial hair. Also you guys need to stop casually mentioning oral spironolactone, this is a serious drug for men to take. I would only recommend it for people transitioning.
I agree. Oral spironolactone is a very hardcore drug that has strong feminizing and other side-effects, and which is normally only used by transsexuals. If oral minoxidil causes water retention, I would instead suggest treating it by using a loop diuretic such as furosemide under the supervision of a doctor.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
OP you had no reason to take this drug, your hair was perfectly fine and normal for your age.

Now it just looks ridiculous. I would stop if I was you before you get serious health problems from this high oral minoxidil dosage. Look up the risks yourself like you should have before starting.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention to anyone reading this, that oral minoxidil has helped me with retrograde alopecia.

Did topical minoxidil also help against retrograde alopecia?

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP you had no reason to take this drug, your hair was perfectly fine and normal for your age.

Now it just looks ridiculous. I would stop if I was you before you get serious health problems from this high oral minoxidil dosage. Look up the risks yourself like you should have before starting.

Agree. His hairline/forehead hair/eyebrow thing looks less attractive than the minor recession he had going on initially. Not to mention his eyelashes... I don’t understand why people don’t think that all that extra hair looks weird

Goes to show, about half of people on the forum are batshit crazy.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had some good growth on my left temple.
1st pic last year
2nd pic now
Isn't oral minoxidil unsafe? It goes systemic and it might have vasodilator effects all over your body. Doesn't it lead to heart failure because of all of the extra blood that needs to be pumped?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't oral minoxidil unsafe? It goes systemic and it might have vasodilator effects all over your body. Doesn't it lead to heart failure because of all of the extra blood that needs to be pumped?

Low doses are safe imo, like i said i have been taking it since octoberish 2018, most of that time at 10mg, which is too high imo, 5mg is the optimal dosage. I had an ECG done a few months back and my results for it were fine, my blood pressure and heart rate are fine too. I think it's a worthwhile try for anyone looking to tackle hair loss, if people are fine with topical and dermarolling then so be it, but if you want to take the risk with oral min i think it's worth a shot.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took it at a very low dose of 1.25mg, and it caused facial side effects (puffy eyes, dark circles around eyes) and stomach bloating. I stopped using it after two months, and the sides went away. Make no mistake, oral min is powerful stuff alright. I wouldn't recommend anyone use it at a dose above 5mg max. And it should preferably be used at or below 2.5mg, in my opinion. Better to be safe(-ish) than sorry.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whats your dutas topical minoxidil regime?
i am 3 days a week dutas 0.5 , the other day finas
oral minoxidil 5mg on the morning
topical minoxidil on the night

still no imprvement, maibe add 5mg more?

let me know how many time you take dutas pleas

than ks

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

than ks
Why dont you take dutasteride every single day instead of mixing it with finasteride?5mg oral minoxidil is borderline ''normal'' dosage to promote hair growth,bigger dosage could cause some sides.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

than ks
Late reply here but I use dutasteride 0.5mg ed 10mg oral minoxidil ed and topical 1-2 times a day

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey grim,

I’ve upped oral minoxidil to 10mg for roughly a month now..

things I’ve noticed..
bushey eyebrows - they also seem to shed!
Longer eye lashes, eye lashes actually growing beside my eyes, weird!
Beard is thicker, fuller and I’m having to trim it more.
Stomach and chest more hairy - girlfriend actually likes it, I hate it.
Nose hair, crazy.. trimming it every week.
Fuzzy ears haha.

Resting heart rate is 82, my bp is generally
112/60 I’ve never seen it lower yet.
My heart flutters, it skips beats.
headaches

Does any this ring a bell with you mate? Or anyone

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey grim,

I’ve upped oral minoxidil to 10mg for roughly a month now..

things I’ve noticed..
bushey eyebrows - they also seem to shed!
Longer eye lashes, eye lashes actually growing beside my eyes, weird!
Beard is thicker, fuller and I’m having to trim it more.
Stomach and chest more hairy - girlfriend actually likes it, I hate it.
Nose hair, crazy.. trimming it every week.
Fuzzy ears haha.

Resting heart rate is 82, my bp is generally
112/60 I’ve never seen it lower yet.
My heart flutters, it skips beats.
headaches

Does any this ring a bell with you mate? Or anyone

I had exactly 2 heart palpitations while on 10mg oral min from october 2018 which gave me quite a scare, i would say stick with 5mg, i think it's just as effective but safer over the long term. Having only two heart palpitations in all hat time is alright but it is worrying. The only issue with excess hair is my nose hair, my arms and leg hair has got a bit thicker but nothing too bad, i have zero chest or back hair and oral min has not caused any growth there.My eyebrows and eye lashes are thicker. btw i have went as high as 20mg before and found no difference to 10mg. But beware it can cause a lot of hair in places you might not want it, a member on here called ikarus is on 5mg and has had a tremendous amount of hair growth on his forehead, that hasn't happened to me but it's possible.

Last edited:

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had exactly 2 heart palpitations while on 10mg oral min from october 2018 which gave me quite a scare, i would say stick with 5mg, i think it's just as effective but safer over the long term. Having only two heart palpitations in all hat time is alright but it is worrying. The only issue with excess hair is my nose hair, my arms and leg hair has got a bit thicker but nothing too bad, i have zero chest or back hair and oral min has not caused any growth there.My eyebrows and eye lashes are thicker. btw i have went as high as 20mg before and found no difference to 10mg. But beware it can cause a lot of hair in places you might not want it, a member on here called ikarus is on 5mg and has had a tremendous amount of hair growth on his forehead, that hasn't happened to me but it's possible.

How long have you been on oral minoxidil? I’ve used it for a while but very low dosage. 1mg. Past month maybe month and a half I’ve took 5mg then upped to 10. The side of my hair like beside the side of my eyes seems to be joining onto my eyebrows wtf! This is powerful stuff.
should I stop coffee in the morning?
I use 5mg every 12 hours.. is one pill 10mg before bed any different to me splitting these dosages?

any insight to your experience would be greatly appreciated mate

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started this today at the same 5mg morning and evening. I think it's better to split it up. It might be retained in scalp tissue the same way it is in heart tissue, but there's no way for us to know.

Approximately 90% of an oral dose of minoxidil is absorbed from the GI tract. Antihypertensive effects begin within 30 minutes of oral administration, and, although the plasma half-life is approximately 4 hours, antihypertensive effects can last 75 hours. Despite the prolonged duration of action, no drug is detected in the plasma after 24 hours. This prolonged duration of effect may be explained by drug retention in vascular smooth muscle tissues.
https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Minoxidil-minoxidil-774.98