Takashi Tsuji - Regeneration Of Complex Oral Organs Using 3d Cell Organization Technology

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
The thicker your hair shafts are the less hair you would need.
Not just that, but its also important how many multiple hairs (average is 2.2) you have per graft too. In fact, thats how you work out your "coverage value", by multiplying your hair diameter by how many hairs you have per FU and how many hairs you have per cm2.

Reactions: H

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone should ask him whether getting thicker hair is an option, and if so, does it mean that they would manually remove the remaining hair follicles with the original thickness?

Already known to be true. This and similar techs (which aren't even as far along) give them pretty much complete control over all aspects of the follicle.

So i could ask for an average of 5 hairs per follicular unit with a diameter of 75 microns?

Based on Toyoshima's answer here, where you take the cells from determines how large the follicles grow, and the number of cells in the hair germs (dermal papilla cells + hair follicle stem cells) determines the number of regenerated hairs.

Keiko: Question 9: Studies have shown that the hair shaft thickness seems to be determined by dermal papilla size. If this is true then could it be possible to also control hair shaft thickness with the hair primordium method?

Mr. Toyoshima: Based on past research, the size of the follicle (that is, the size of papilla cells… the cells used in developing regenerated hair follicle germ) was determined based on the type of hair from which it had been derived. To put it more technically: follicle size arises from a biological principle that organ size, its density, and the distribution pattern is determined by a theory called the reaction-diffusion system. So using this principle, when we changed regenerated hair follicle germ, we found that the number of regenerated hair per a regenerated hair follicle germ, varies according to the germ size. In other words, the number of regenerated follicles may be controlled based on the size of the hair follicle germ, and type of papilla cells. It is thought that the size can be controlled to a certain degree by changing the type of follicles where the papilla cells are derived from.

So if I'm understanding correctly, taking cells from the back of your head for example, the new follicles would be like those from the back of your head. The size of the donor follicles then would limit the size you could achieve for the new follicles.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on Toyoshima's answer here, where you take the cells from determines how large the follicles grow, and the number of cells in the hair germs (dermal papilla cells + hair follicle stem cells) determines the number of regenerated hairs.

So if I'm understanding correctly, taking cells from the back of your head for example, the new follicles would be like those from the back of your head. The size of the donor follicles then would limit the size you could achieve for the new follicles.

Toyoshima's answer is confusing to say the least; he's saying you can change the thickness of the hair follicle to a certain extent but doesn't answer to which extent. So all we know is that you can indeed change its thickness and that there is a limit, but that's it.

Jamienohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, aren’t we due for another interview regarding Dr. Tsuj’s treatment? The last one was conducted back in 2016. We got a lot of information out of that which was awesome and another one nearly 2 years on would be great! I can of course appreciate this isn’t easy to set up but how do we go about making this second interview happen?

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, aren’t we due for another interview regarding Dr. Tsuj’s treatment? The last one was conducted back in 2016. We got a lot of information out of that which was awesome and another one nearly 2 years on would be great! I can of course appreciate this isn’t easy to set up but how do we go about making this second interview happen?
We're still waiting on some unpublished papers. We should wait until they get approved for clinical trials so we know the science is solid and we don't end up with an answer like "we will post our results publicly but so far we can't tell you anything new".

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Noisette Would it be possible for you to ask Toyoshima about how much thickness they can add to a hair follicle? A simple personal estimation of x microns would suffice.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's say you get an FUE and then want to get the Tsuji treatment. Could you put cloned hair back in the scarred areas?

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's say you get an FUE and then want to get the Tsuji treatment. Could you put cloned hair back in the scarred areas?

They're not sure yet as to whether they can transplant hair onto scar tissue because they haven't been presented with the opportunity to try it. They also said in the last interview that they're working on creating a method that allows them to transplant hair onto scar tissue.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any news of the Human Trials approval?
I think last we heard, Dr. Tsuji aimed to start the trials in April 2019.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're not sure yet as to whether they can transplant hair onto scar tissue because they haven't been presented with the opportunity to try it. They also said in the last interview that they're working on creating a method that allows them to transplant hair onto scar tissue.

Do you happen to know where that interview is by any chance? Maybe a link where they discuss it even.

I didn’t know this was controversial. I figured it would already be possible since there are many repair cases where they transplanted successfully into scarred tissue with current methods.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you happen to know where that interview is by any chance? Maybe a link where they discuss it even.

I didn’t know this was controversial. I figured it would already be possible since there are many repair cases where they transplanted successfully into scarred tissue with current methods.

Several users have scars from previous hair transplants. Both from strip excision and follicular unit extraction on the back of the head. There is also some damage to the skin tissue in the recipient areas towards, the front. One of our most popular questions was whether primordium hairs will be capable of growing through these and other types of scars (such as burn scars), and be capable of healthy growth in such an environment?

We appreciate their interests in this and asking this question, and would like to offer our technologies to as many patients with scars as possible. Hair transplant procedures often leave some damage in the skin, forming scar tissues thus significantly deforming the subcutaneous tissues structure, or resulting in loss of the subcutaneous fat layer underneath the skin. However, follicles have a characteristic which enables them to grow through normal hair cycles by interacting with the surrounding tissue. As far as the effectivity on such skin with a serious damage, the effects of our hair follicle germ regeneration technology in such case is yet to be determined, therefore we believe that we still need to conduct significant verification for that purpose. However, it is not that I have only bad news. With our hair regeneration therapy using the hair follicle germ regeneration technology, we can artificially combine cellular tissues to tailor to the specific needs of the patient. Therefore, we believe in principle, that even for a patient with various special clinical requirements such as scars, we will be able provide a hair regeneration therapy for these individuals in the future, which is carefully tailored to such needs.

Source:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/hair-primordiums-tsuji-organ-interview-sept2016/

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I say we try to set up another interview with the help of @Noisette or @Admin. I’ve heard nothing about ‘pending approval for clinical trials’ and I don’t think it’s anything we need to ‘wait on’. Noisette was informed of their achievement in solving their epithelial expansion issue last summer (and their results were unpublished then). If they’re willing to tell Noisette results of unpublished information, I’m sure it wouldn’t be any different with an interview. Trials start in about a year. We didn’t get much news from the conference related to Tsuji. As far as I’m concerned, now is as good a time as any to reach out to see if there are any updates.

H

Reaction score
I say we try to set up another interview with the help of @Noisette or @Admin. I’ve heard nothing about ‘pending approval for clinical trials’ and I don’t think it’s anything we need to ‘wait on’. Noisette was informed of their achievement in solving their epithelial expansion issue last summer (and their results were unpublished then). If they’re willing to tell Noisette results of unpublished information, I’m sure it wouldn’t be any different with an interview. Trials start in about a year. We didn’t get much news from the conference related to Tsuji. As far as I’m concerned, now is as good a time as any to reach out to see if there are any updates.
After that I say we leave them alone and stop snorting reassurance off Tsuj' s lab desk. I'm not a soothsayer but I think without actually doing the procedure on humans any info they give us is going to be about mice and my fragile scalp just cannot take hearing about that privileged species anymore. I feel bullied watching them scurry around confident knowing if they start seeing skin there's a Tsuji for that.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting, keeping my eyes on this one. I have a feeling good things await in the next 3-5... oh wait.
:D

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trials start in about a year. We didn’t get much news from the conference related to Tsuji. As far as I’m concerned, now is as good a time as any to reach out to see if there are any updates.

Agreed

After that I say we leave them alone and stop snorting reassurance off Tsuj' s lab desk

Also agreed.

I think a year and a half later is a good time for a follow up as roughly that amount of time from then we should see the trial results and there won't be many questions left to ask.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed

Also agreed.

I think a year and a half later is a good time for a follow up as roughly that amount of time from then we should see the trial results and there won't be many questions left to ask.
I think we should wait until the paper (promised, hehe) is published. Then, an interview could be arranged.