System Too Dense And Colour Incorrect

Seanyy210

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all I had my first system fitted at the start of July. However I am not too happy with it. The colour is too dark (medium brown) and it seems too dense and wig-like. I have since sent it back to get the colour lightened and the system repaired (it got all tangled).

I have posted a few pics of both the system and my hair before the system was installed. Please note my hair is dyed in the previous photos. (I'm naturally very dark mousy blonde).

I spent £400 on this system, so I would be very thankful for your advice and opinions.
621201723742.jpg
621201723742.jpg 621201723133.jpg
621201723742.jpg
621201723133.jpg
621201723742.jpg
you
621201723133.jpg
621201723742.jpg
621201723133.jpg
6272017191245.jpg
61201710419.jpg
5232017163911.jpg
57201717410.jpg
4312017184927.jpg
3142017105039.jpg

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it looks good

What country are you from and where did you buy it?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair wig.png

mate is that wear the system begins or just some rogue hairs?

it looks good for sure, if i was a baldie i dont think i could detect

also, i see your on the big 3, instead of wasting money on wigs, why dont you just get a hair transplant. you seem to have saved enough hair that you could get yourself back to a fullhead with one pass.

Noah

Reaction score
Honestly mate, it makes you look like a male model! Of course, that can be good and bad. On the one hand there is an amazing improvement in your look compared with your wispy thinned out hair. On the other hand if you are trying not to draw attention to the change, a less spectacular style would be better. You just need much lower density. But is the damage already done on that? Have all your friends and family now seen the male model version? And you said you have sent the piece back now - does that mean you have gone back to your thinning hair? If your acquaintance all now know about the piece, personally I would just enjoy the model good looks and to hell with making an imperceptible transition.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wearers are own worse critic as no one knows us better than ourselves. The second worse critics are people that know you are wearing like on here.

I think it look a good job and as you continue to wear it will only get better as you lower the density a little. You could trim the hairline back to eliminate that small area otherwise the vast majority of people you pass will never know.

Seanyy210

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 59789

mate is that wear the system begins or just some rogue hairs?

it looks good for sure, if i was a baldie i dont think i could detect

also, i see your on the big 3, instead of wasting money on wigs, why dont you just get a hair transplant. you seem to have saved enough hair that you could get yourself back to a fullhead with one pass.

It could be either. I took the photo a month ago.

I would definitely consider a hair transplant. However unfortunately I am a poor university student at the moment (I graduate next summer), therefore I don't have the thousands of pounds necessary in the bank at this time.

I am on finasteride 1mg daily and twice daily Minoxidil. However not Nizoral. Do you recommend adding this?

Seanyy210

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly mate, it makes you look like a male model! Of course, that can be good and bad. On the one hand there is an amazing improvement in your look compared with your wispy thinned out hair. On the other hand if you are trying not to draw attention to the change, a less spectacular style would be better. You just need much lower density. But is the damage already done on that? Have all your friends and family now seen the male model version? And you said you have sent the piece back now - does that mean you have gone back to your thinning hair? If your acquaintance all now know about the piece, personally I would just enjoy the model good looks and to hell with making an imperceptible transition.

Thank you very much for the compliments Noah!

What did you mean by damage done? I will try and contact the company and see if they could reduce the density and ask what density it actually is (maybe it's medium light), but I have no idea. What sort of density would you recommend?

Not many people saw me with the system as I only wore a few days before returning it. But one friend said the new style suited me.

Yeah unfortunately I am back to thinning hair (which was shaved bald during installation). So I have been pretty damn self conscious due to the extremely short length exposed thinning patches and hoping that my hair grows faster!

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Seanyy210

My Regimen
Reaction score
wearers are own worse critic as no one knows us better than ourselves. The second worse critics are people that know you are wearing like on here.

I think it look a good job and as you continue to wear it will only get better as you lower the density a little. You could trim the hairline back to eliminate that small area otherwise the vast majority of people you pass will never know.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess I am very critical of myself for sure.

Unfortunately when I did wear the system I felt very anxious (especially considering I wore it out for the day when I visited my friend in the centre of London)! I think maybe it will take a while to get over this fear. I hope it might dissipate over time as I wear the system more.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Seanyy

By "damage done" I meant that if everyone has seen you with the very full-haired look in the photos, then there is not much point in lowering the density after the event to lessen the impact of the transition. But it doesn't sound like that is a problem. Are you being open with friends about transitioning to a system?

Unfortunately there is no common standard for density between different companies. The best course is to find a picture in a magazine of the sort of density you are looking for, and show it to them. Or Hair4All have lots of photos on their site, so you could look there for the density you want.

In my view, with a sensitive subject like hair replacement it would be wrong to bs people - you owe it to them to give them an honest opinion. My honest opinion is that your system looks really good. I can't comment on the detail, like the hairline, because the pics are not close enough, but the overall look is excellent.

Noah

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be either. I took the photo a month ago.

I would definitely consider a hair transplant. However unfortunately I am a poor university student at the moment (I graduate next summer), therefore I don't have the thousands of pounds necessary in the bank at this time.

I am on finasteride 1mg daily and twice daily Minoxidil. However not Nizoral. Do you recommend adding this?

seems to help with peoples inflammation. its commonly recommend to people with hair loss so why not mate. the big ones are finasteride and min which your on anyway

Seanyy210

My Regimen
Reaction score
seems to help with peoples inflammation. its commonly recommend to people with hair loss so why not mate. the big ones are finasteride and min which your on anyway
This photo will show the extent of my hair loss. So maybe you can let me know if I am a good hair transplant candidate. However I'm only 21, (22 next month), so I can't imagine a surgeon would operate at this young age.
ic-4344.png

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
This photo will show the extent of my hair loss. So maybe you can let me know if I am a good hair transplant candidate. However I'm only 21, (22 next month), so I can't imagine a surgeon would operate at this young age.View attachment 59818

thats very aggressive hair loss for young guy. i didnt think it was as bad as that

im no expert on hair transplants, but you seem too young and hair loss is too aggressive for a hair transplant

maybe in a few years if meds have stabilized your loss, you could something, but i dunno man.

hopefully, in a few years we'll have more treatments available for us

your piece looks good though.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats very aggressive hair loss for young guy. i didnt think it was as bad as that

im no expert on hair transplants, but you seem too young and hair loss is too aggressive for a hair transplant

maybe in a few years if meds have stabilized your loss, you could something, but i dunno man.

hopefully, in a few years we'll have more treatments available for us

your piece looks good though.

I f*****g wish that were true.

The problem is, even with new treatments, they'll be so damn expensive.

I really think the hair transplant industry makes too much money, and cures
are not in the near future.

Hope I'm wrong though.

shookwun

Reaction score
Finasteride can do wonders in reversing signs of miniaturization.

To make an accurate assessment, you would need to take finasteride for atleast a year then we can have a better idea if you are a decent candidate for a transplant.

These results are all from medication alone. Which is why it's important to go on finasteride, then a surgeon can properly adress your concerns and create a master plan for your restoration.

thumbs_medications_patient-ovq-1.jpg

thumbs_medications_patient-aml.jpg

thumbs_medications_patient-ltf_front.jpg

thumbs_medications_patient-rlo.jpg

Seanyy210

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Seanyy

By "damage done" I meant that if everyone has seen you with the very full-haired look in the photos, then there is not much point in lowering the density after the event to lessen the impact of the transition. But it doesn't sound like that is a problem. Are you being open with friends about transitioning to a system?

Unfortunately there is no common standard for density between different companies. The best course is to find a picture in a magazine of the sort of density you are looking for, and show it to them. Or Hair4All have lots of photos on their site, so you could look there for the density you want.

In my view, with a sensitive subject like hair replacement it would be wrong to bs people - you owe it to them to give them an honest opinion. My honest opinion is that your system looks really good. I can't comment on the detail, like the hairline, because the pics are not close enough, but the overall look is excellent.

Noah
Only one friend has seen me in person so far with the new hair.

At the moment I'm really torn between two options. On the one hand I can just grow my natural thinning hair back and be unsatisfied with my appearance. ( 21 year old with the hairloss of a 40 year old). Or I can put up with the hassle of hair system maintenance and initial anxiety and social stigma that goes along with wearing fake hair, but on the other hand look better and be more proud of my appearance.

What I did recently discover is that many Afro-American women wear wigs to give them more manageable hair. However obviously this is much more socially acceptable than a male wearing hair. However it is the same thing at the end of the day!!