System Maintenance During A Pandemic \ Lock-down...

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any examples of how a HS looks once you've grown the side hair out for ages?!

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks ok as the hair is long. I'm worried about the hair at the sides growing noticeably longer than what's on top!

I would say my look is noticeably off once I grow out longer than 2 weeks. But I have wavy hair, I think that makes it more noticeable than straighter hair.

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys how do you get that really nasty lingering smell of C22 out of the system? It was my first time so I may have used too much... but right now it’s everywhere I go, even after washing the system

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Guys how do you get that really nasty lingering smell of C22 out of the system? It was my first time so I may have used too much... but right now it’s everywhere I go, even after washing the system
It will fade away with a few days and another wash.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

You may be using way too much... I find that Dawn/Fairy Liquid does an amazing job at attaching to the oils, and washing out with lukewarm water. It requires quite a bit of effort. The shampoo and condition as usual.

Noah

Reaction score
Proper dyeing is best left to the professionals, I think. It's pretty easy to mess it up. But colour-correcting shampoo or conditioner to correct sun damage are easy to use, and will often be enough. Hopefully one effect of social distancing and staying indoors will be that there won't be much sun damage.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Proper dyeing is best left to the professionals, I think. It's pretty easy to mess it up. But colour-correcting shampoo or conditioner to correct sun damage are easy to use, and will often be enough. Hopefully one effect of social distancing and staying indoors will be that there won't be much sun damage.

Agreed... we tried to darken a system, and it went two full shades darker than we intended.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I am now doing it under the shower even without a mirror. Put both of them on as they were regular shampoo and conditioner and the results are perfect. No extra effort at all.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For dying the hair, I use Wella Professionals Special Mix to tone.

Note that with system hair, the color will transfer much faster since there are no cuticles to block the color.

You can get every professional color on eBay. Search for Wella Koleston Perfect.

Get 0/00 "Pure shine" as a base diluter. Then get your color tones of choice. Usually, this will be green and blue for toning reds and oranges, respectively. 0/28 (green-blue) and 0/88 (blue). Also get 10vol Welloxin developer.

Mix equal parts developer with color. Special Mix is very strong. I would suggest somewhere around 5% color to 95% 0/00.

Do a strand test color first. An area at the back that you don't mind messing up a little. I suggest 30 minutes, for the color to oxidize well. Use a good scale to accurately measure the color in grams.

You should not be wearing the system when you do this. Try your best not to touch the lace base.

Rinse with cold water and do not shampoo for 3 days.

Judge the result against your bio hair in BRIGHT SUNLIGHT and adjust as needed. Note: the more color you add, the darker the result will be (obviously).

I'll make a full post on the science of coloring soon.