SuperHairPieces any good quality for the money?

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought their hair colour ring. My hair is close to number 5. But a 510 or 520 would be best,sadly they don't have those.
f*** knows why they offer it in their hair colour ring when I can't find those colours online.

Nice affordable prices the website has though. Like £170 for a full french lace, medium light stock system which can be adjusted to your requirements such as density reduction,base size,colour,hairstyle.
I'm going for a full french lace one and a hybrid in Nov!

What's the quality like though?
I know it's remy not European human hair, but hopefully won't easy shed within the first month or 2?

Lordhair was terrible like that.

I not tried NewLaceCU but they have a bad rep too.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your comment, as per their website, the m105 French lace is in stock for color 5, and 510 and 520 in a few days...SHP has been my main supplier since I started wearing. The have a good quality for the price. They have been hit hard with delays during to cover. My last custom with them was very disappointing. ( bad knoting, ventilation...I complained) but I guess many companies are in a crunch with covid...
I like their website, customer support and prices.

HPP

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, I noticed there are a ton of brands on FB's hairpiece group. Superhairpieces is one of the bigger ones, with good commercials etc.

I used to order from them through third parties located in the US. I used to get good quality pieces, but almost all lately have been ridiculous, with almost no hair in them out the gate.

But that's through third party vendors. I've gotten a horrible piece through a Lord Hair distributor located in Kentucky.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, I noticed there are a ton of brands on FB's hairpiece group. Superhairpieces is one of the bigger ones, with good commercials etc.

I used to order from them through third parties located in the US. I used to get good quality pieces, but almost all lately have been ridiculous, with almost no hair in them out the gate.

But that's through third party vendors. I've gotten a horrible piece through a Lord Hair distributor located in Kentucky.
Why dont you order directly from them via their website? Most likely cheaper..

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to order from them when prices were insanely low.

I used to use third party sellers to get deals - everything I bought was ~80-120 USD then, considerably cheaper than buying from the company proper

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, thought 3rd parties would be more...interesting. how do you know 3rd parties were getting pieces from SHP? And where or who are they?
Thanks

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your comment, as per their website, the m105 French lace is in stock for color 5, and 510 and 520 in a few days...SHP has been my main supplier since I started wearing. The have a good quality for the price. They have been hit hard with delays during to cover. My last custom with them was very disappointing. ( bad knoting, ventilation...I complained) but I guess many companies are in a crunch with covid...
I like their website, customer support and prices.

HPP
I can't seem to select those colours in the drop down colour option online for that hair system on their website.
520 has moved to a few months,f*** that.
510 says 1 day but it has been saying that for the last few days.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't seem to select those colours in the drop down colour option online for that hair system on their website.
520 has moved to a few months,f*** that.
510 says 1 day but it has been saying that for the last few days.
In the us? Call them.... Based on the inventory, the us wharehouse has 2 pieces of the 510 . Once you are on the webpage for that piece, click " inventory " button and you can see what is in stock...

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the us? Call them.... Based on the inventory, the us wharehouse has 2 pieces of the 510 . Once you are on the webpage for that piece, click " inventory " button and you can see what is in stock...
I'm in the UK.
So I can't call them. I emailed them but they were quite useless. They only said the 510 with grey. Which I don't want.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There you go. They have color 5, and 510. 520 is expected dec 5, as indicated when you select that color. Have you see the HD105, it french lace but higher density (120%)? It has 520

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
There you go. They have color 5, and 510. 520 is expected dec 5, as indicated when you select that color. Have you see the HD105, it french lace but higher density (120%)? It has 520
I need the light or medium light density. 120% is too much for me. Norwood 7 with thinned out temples.
I'll just get the 5, and hopefully will be a close match.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found them to be great for men's toupees. They have a nice inventory system so you can check which units are in stock or on the way (usually MUCH quicker than other suppliers). Customer support has always been great in my experience too. Not ordered a custom one though

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first attempted DYI two years ago (didn't work out well, went back to concealors, now use a salon) I got stock pieces through them, they seemed really inexpensive and decent customer service and for a fee they did "customize" the stock for you. Not sure if it's the same now since COVID.

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just ordered the M105 8x10 full french lace medium light density stock hair system through them.
Colour 5(Colour 5 matches the best to my donor hair on the SHP hair colour ring I bought a few months back).
I bought the 7x10 size(after measuring my head), and trim off empty lace online service pack
Also I bought the remote hairstyle pack: I sent a picture of the hairstyle I want and the instructions for it.
And the £3 ish insurance cost.
Says the cut-in service will take 2-3 weeks.
Hopefuliy it will arrive sometime this month.
Was about £253 all in all,total including shipping.

I'm excited and hope the base is cut correctly and the required hairstyle too when it arrives.

I will be using all tape as I don't have an exposed hairline.
Walker Extenda Bond Plus tape(tape strip with holes in) with Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector.

It will be my first full lace base.
I've had entire thin skin(poly) and hybrid lace + poly base hair systems before. Which I disliked and causing itching problems after a workout in the gym,

So hopefully full lace won't be much different apart from removal and cleanup.
But seems fairly easy after seeing the videos of MG Ford and Hair4all removing and cleaning a full lace base.

I heard full lace bases sometimes have a coating on them when new that needs washing off?
How if that done?
Is shampoo and conditioner fine?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let us know what you think when you get it. Yes, washing with shampoo is enough when you get a new piece.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to order from them an inquired about sending my template in to have it cut and the hair cut as well and was told that they won’t do that for first timer customers. I asked why and the response was that all sales are final when it’s been cut and that they want me to make sure I like the hair unit first. What a stupid reason. It doesn’t matter if it’s my first time ordering or 50th, the quality of the unit can vary by each unit.

Sounds like they just don’t want to go through those extra services right now.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to order from them an inquired about sending my template in to have it cut and the hair cut as well and was told that they won’t do that for first timer customers. I asked why and the response was that all sales are final when it’s been cut and that they want me to make sure I like the hair unit first. What a stupid reason. It doesn’t matter if it’s my first time ordering or 50th, the quality of the unit can vary by each unit.

I wonder if that's new I didn't have that problem with them with first time ordering two years ago.

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's with a custom unit, not a stock.

However the order I did a few days ago they threw a tantrum over.
Because my registered name didn't match my name on my debit card.
So I had to cancel and edit that or will have to make a new account.

What a f*****g headache.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I told them very clearly this was not a custom unit. She understood me. I even told her that I would take the chance and she said she was sorry but that was their policy now.