Sunscreen For Hair System...is It Necessary

Carl McSwankie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a question that my salon never told me about and I was not aware I needed for a hair system.

I know and am right now always using my leave in spray conditioner whenever I go out as they told me the leave in has UV protection, but I was not aware I needed to put sunscreen as well in the hair system to keep the hair the same color, I thought leave in conditioner was enough and if you read my 1st post yesterday I am NEW here and new to wearing hair systems.

Can anyone tell me if true, what sunscreen they use in there hair system as I do not want to use the wrong sunscreen in my hair system to in order to protect the coloring of the hair from changing?

Thank you all

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Carl

If your leave-in conditioner already has a good sunscreen in it, that is enough - no need to add another. But by a "good" sunscreen I mean at least SPF 30. Sun damage is the primary factor which reduces the life span of your system. Aside from bleaching the colour out, it also dries out the hair and causes it to lose its glossiness.

You don't have to buy anything specific to hair systems - this is an issue which women who dye their hair (i.e. all women over 35) also have. You should be able to find two or three suitable products in your local supermarket or pharmacy, and certainly you can get them on Amazon. Let me know if you have any problems.

Noah

Carl McSwankie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Carl

If your leave-in conditioner already has a good sunscreen in it, that is enough - no need to add another. But by a "good" sunscreen I mean at least SPF 30. Sun damage is the primary factor which reduces the life span of your system. Aside from bleaching the colour out, it also dries out the hair and causes it to lose its glossiness.

You don't have to buy anything specific to hair systems - this is an issue which women who dye their hair (i.e. all women over 35) also have. You should be able to find two or three suitable products in your local supermarket or pharmacy, and certainly you can get them on Amazon. Let me know if you have any problems.

Noah

Thanks for answering my question Noah, however can you name at all a conditioner you know of that includes sunscreen in it? Thank you

Noah

Reaction score
IMG_4520.PNG

Thanks for answering my question Noah, however can you name at all a conditioner you know of that includes sunscreen in it? Thank you

Here is the one I have at the minute.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, can i use some elvive extraordinary oil with regular sun screan?
currently living in vietnam and cant find leave in conditioner with sun screan

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw it online olive oil and peppermint oil are highly recommended for heat resistant to hair

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need 'sunscreen' for your hair system. A quality spray in/leave in conditioner that has good UV protection to fight fading will be good enough. I've experimented with several leave in conditioners and my personal recommendations are:

1) Back2Natural HydroBalance Leave in Conditioner. It's not the cheapest, but it works really well to stop your system fading under sunlight and bright indoor lights. It can also be used as a heat protector if you blow dry or straighten your hair.

https://www.hairdirect.com/cond-b2nhydroleavein8oz

2) A cheaper option that still seems to work well is ProTouch Leave-in Conditioner

https://www.hairdirect.com/protouchleaveinconditioner16ounces

3) Another one that leaves your hair really smooth and soft, as well as provides good UV protection is Bonfi Remy Silk Mist Leave-in Conditioner:

https://www.hairdirect.com/cond-bonremsilkmist8oz

Only buy your hair system supplies from Hair Direct unless you're absolutely sure your source is legit, as Hair Direct you can be sure nothing is fake.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Most leave-in conditioners from Hairdirect claim to have sun protection as well. I'm relying on them only. Are they good enough?