Sun Protection After Haitransplant - What To Do (not To Do)

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I still dont get it how to protect against sun after hair transplant. Im now 6 weeks post FUE OP and went out always with a cap. I thought a cap is enough protection against sun but I read you need to avoid sun at all, even if you have a hat/cap. I went out to the lake but with a hat and getting worried I fucked up smth.

Its kinda hard to avoid sun in summer. So whar should I do? sunscreen + cap? Or just a cap? or nothing at all? Internet gives me 50 different answers...

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you just carry a umbrella(dark) + a cap. It'll be similar to if you were indoors.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Any hat or cap will work fine that's what I used because it also looked a bit ugly

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kidding aside. I've done some research regarding sun protection. My sister has lupus and is suppose to avoid the sun. Your cap should be enough to block out the sun if that's the worry. As long as it's cotton(preferably a dark color) and not the ones with mesh. I think the only concern is the sweat build up which can cause irritation.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kidding aside. I've done some research regarding sun protection. My sister has lupus and is suppose to avoid the sun. Your cap should be enough to block out the sun if that's the worry. As long as it's cotton(preferably a dark color) and not the ones with mesh. I think the only concern is the sweat build up which can cause irritation.

Very appreciate it. Its confusing how many different answers you get. Some say, you are fine going out into the sun after 1 week post OP, some say stay at home for 5 years....

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very appreciate it. Its confusing how many different answers you get. Some say, you are fine going out into the sun after 1 week post OP, some say stay at home for 5 years....

Yeah I've read different opinions also. 5 years is crazy. Of course you want to avoid sun as much as you can but if you must, a cap should be enough.

NW6PerthAus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm one week post op. I put on a bandanna under my hat.

congratulations on taking the plunge. Will you be posting photos? Would be great to see your progress and cheer you on also in this battle we're fighting.

This next few weeks is a rollercoaster

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to upload pics with my phone..but so far everything is going good..I haven't lost any of the hair that's been transplanted..my head is numb still..but there is no pain and just slight itching from the donor area..