Suicidal Over Hair Loss - Justifiable?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it justifiable to be suicidal over hair loss?

I know people are dying of cancer and have terminal illnesses. Unfortunately, this doesn't take away the pain of losing your hair.

I'm short and can't afford to lose my hair. No i'm not one of those guys who will look good with a shaved head. My hair loss is completely destroying my confidence and i am no longer good looking like i used to be. I can't get women anymore.

People will say things like "Women are attracted to confidence". This COMPLETELY FALSE. Women are attracted to men who are good looking, or have money or who are tall etc.

If you are short and bald you pretty much have no chance. Sorry. But people can lie to themselves and say 'it's ok i just got to be confident'. Yea no worries, a 6 ft 2 model with full thick of hair can go up to any women and say 'i live in my moms basement but want to go out?' and she will say yes. If you did the same thing, you would be ignored.

Losing hair = game over
this is a good video to explain it

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's justifiable for sure, but there are options that can improve your lot. finasteride, minoxidil, hair transplants, scalp micro pigmentation, hair systems and combinations of the above. You'll never be on a truly even footing but these things can make hair loss more manageable/bearable.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude at least try finasteride, minoxidil, transplant if you haven't

If that doesn't work, last resorts hair system or smp

Do everything in your power to come up with a solution before giving up hope

EDIT: there's also the smp transplant combo as GoldenMane mentions

Make sure you exhaust all possibilities

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's justifiable to feel suicidal for sure, but with finasteride, minoxidil, transplants, and promising future treatments, to actually kill yourself would be stupid.

I've stated before, and I believe it because I've seen it, that everyone has it in them to be better looking; very good looking if you're willing to take drastic measures -- plastic surgery.

I was dissatisfied with my appearance, so I worked hard to change it. Really, that's the biggest thing that kills me about hairloss; I worked so hard to stay fit, have good hair, clear skin, got my teeth fixed, and my better haircut revealed that I actually appear to blessed with a good face shape -- widest just below the eyes, clearly defined jawline, and overall face seems neither too long nor too wide. I waited far too long to make these changes, because I only got to reap the social and personal benefits of it for a few shorts years. Now, hairloss is this thing that's like nature's "f*** you", pissing on all my efforts and there is really nothing to do about it except use conventional treatments and wait for the future.

It sucks, but I will never give up. Instead, I'm going to keep doing everything I can, continue to improve my health (physical and mental) and better myself overall so that when a permanent solution comes to pass, I will be a better fullhead than even in the pre-hairloss days.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's justifiable to have those thoughts. I've had them. This sh*t just destroys you mentally.

No matter who you are. No one rightfully chooses to lose their hair or chooses to be bald.

Although some guys do choose to shave their head. But most of those guys don'the suffer from hair loss to begin with.

It's just f*****g terrible because it's coded into our DNA to lose our hair. Once the gene kicks in there is no stopping it.

Only one bald guy in my family. My mother's grandfather.

I have nothing against him. I never knew him. But I pretty much know this came from him.

And it's sad because my mother's brother somehow got spared as well as all his kids.

27 and balding.. diffuse balding and even my sides are getting hit. Donor area seems fine.

I honestly have a weird balding pattern.

Nevertheless.. f***.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely justifiable, I'm in that boat myself.

Regarding women they're weird, yes confidence is bullshit but explain dean ambrose. Face like a potato and NW4 but ladies love him.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely justifiable, I'm in that boat myself.

Regarding women they're weird, yes confidence is bullshit but explain dean ambrose. Face like a potato and NW4 but ladies love him.

Cause he's a celebrity and has a good body. He really only has one hair style. The long bangs to cover his severely receded temples.

One thing i've noticed. A lot of WWE guys are balding.

However one guy who said f*** you to hairloss and ran with it was Kurt Angle. He just didn't give 2 fucks about it. And he's a beast now. He actually looks better bald.

Again. It all depends on your head shape and facial features. I think if you are good looking with hair you should be at least decent looking without hair.

I luckily have a perfect shaped skull.

I feel for the guys with terrible shaped domes.

It's like you get double fucked..

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with @That Guy : it is totally understandable if you feel suicidal about hair loss, because your quality of life might take a plunge because of it; however, it is definitely not a good idea because there might indeed be a good turn of events for you in the medium term.
Imagine you are in the hereafter and come to know hair clonation was invented the day after you committed the deed :)
Chin up!
PS: the video you posted is so revealing in the part in which professor Frank O'Connell (Connor?) presents the study saying women affirm attractiveness is not in their three top priorities for choosing a man, then act as if it is 200%

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lower your standards to landwhales and single moms witn at least 3 kids and u gonna slay

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Suicide over hair loss and what women think of me. Personally for me, no.
I think the only thing that could happen to me that would have me thinking about ending it would be getting in an accident and becoming a quadriplegic.
No use of your arms and legs. Paralyzed from the neck down, think Christopher Reeves. A head in a wheel chair who has to rely on people to wipe their *** and do every single daily task for them for the rest of their life.
Think about that for a minute.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
Improve what you can(eat, sleep, train, work), if you don't and focus on things that you can't change (height, hair), isn't a problem of hairloss.. it's something else.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think suicide and the word justifiable do not go well together.
Suicide is probably the most selfish thing you could ever do. Think about what that will do to your Mum and Dad. Now they have to live in pain for the rest of their lives.
And think how devastating it will be for them to have to explain to relatives that the reason you killed yourself is because of your hair!!!

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man it's not justifiable at all. Not until you've tried everything you possibly can to become happy.

Women are most attracted to tall, good looking, non-balding guys. I'm most attracted to 10/10 girls with big boobs, a nice bum, who is happy and has similar interests to me. I'm not going to get my dream girl, just like a lot of girls aren't going to get their dream guy.

You'll likely get someone who is a similar attractiveness level to yourself. Other attainable attributes can help you get this person or even someone more good looking. Money, body (weight lifting, fitness), charm, humour, confidence, and being interesting (doing interesting things) are good things to focus on. Yes it's depressing that you could do all of these things brilliantly and girls will still pick the a degenerate but good-looking guy over you. But that's life, unless you're at the very top there's someone out there having a undeserved better and easier time than you.

At the end of the day there are plenty of things to live for besides women. If you rely solely on women for your happiness you're making a mistake.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
SmoothSailing, great post. People think having a relationship with either a man or a woman is a "cakewalk". It's not and there is alot of hard work and compromise for relationships to survive. Divorce rate is so high because people don't want to do the hard work and compromise. And don't think you can't have sex with a model looking woman if that is what you think your hair will do for you. If you have the financial means you can do alot with your life than some NW1 bum who has nothing to his name. He is going to have to leach off women to get what he wants and eventually that gets old. You need to realize your life should be about giving. You can give with or without hair. And people will be appreciative.

I am listening to this audio book called Confidence, Overcoming Low Self Esteem, Insecurity, and Self Doubt. I suggest all of you start reading or listening to it. You will finally realize what confidence really means. And how having too much of it can hinder your life. And how it really can't be faked. And 3 basic social skills you need to have to become confident( and competent) If you don't have at least 2 out 3 you will fail in life. I had one when I was younger but somehow had the other two later and life. I never knew I had all 3 until I listened to this book. You will learn that competent and confident have direct relationship to each other. And that failure and success have a direct relationship to those two things as well.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think suicide and the word justifiable do not go well together.
Suicide is probably the most selfish thing you could ever do. Think about what that will do to your Mum and Dad. Now they have to live in pain for the rest of their lives.
And think how devastating it will be for them to have to explain to relatives that the reason you killed yourself is because of your hair!!!

Is it not selfish of them to want a seriously miserable, chronically depressed person to want to live for their benefit? Hair loss aside. If I had a friend, and even family member that did EVERYTHING they could to avoid depression, yet failed in that task, I would be sad and upset, but also relieved for them that they've moved on to a better place. There is way too much negative social stigma behind suicide. For a good reason, yes, but it's gotten to the point of - survive no matter what, for your loved ones and family. This is bullsh*t. People praise Jack Kevorkian for assisting in ending the misery of people with terrible physical illnesses, but chronic depression is not on the same level as that? Bullsh*t.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes looking for happiness elsewhere is your best bet. I am a norwood 4 at the age of 20 and believe me people take the piss out of me and there are moments where I feel depressed (although this isn't proper depression, and I've never cried over it).

When I say look for hapiness elsewhere is because I am currently at uni studying Electronic Engineering and term time happens to be the time I am least depressed, from getting results back, the feeling of achievement from finishing a difficult project, or simply winning a football match with my college team.

Also you are part of the generation with the best hair loss treatments (finasteride + minoxidil) and the future looks brighter than my bald head with Replicel already in phase 3 for permanent immunization to DHT in the follicles and also Histogen is only 2 years away and that's basically minoxidil on steroids.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Is it justifiable to be suicidal over hair loss? No its not. A lot of things in life are not fair and are unchangeable. Its not fair you only get to live so long before you die among many other things. You cant be suicidal all the time simply because things arent perfectly fair you just have to accept them and make the best with what you have.
Also there is a lot more to life then just girls which id argue are actually a very small part of it. It all depends how you view life which is entirely opinion and varies greatly by person

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks for that Freudian slip, Doctor! I own ya a$$ now.

85bea350-e22f-0132-cee7-0e01949ad350.gif
I edited to what it was supposed to say. Sometimes I don't proof read my posts. My bad...............................:rolleyes:

shookwun

Reaction score
These posts always make me lol.

It feels good knowing I don't have these sub human thoughts processing around my brain.

Most f you are Coocoo, living in your head. I was like that until I had my transplant.

Now I life my life, all though I want more density! Hair greed

Solution is a hair transplant. If you cannot afford it you are fucked. A wig is not a solution. .. Its trash and will make u even more insecure

T

tellersquill

I contemplate suicide anyway in a none depressed way.

Because I don't plan to have kids and get married I don't plan to live that long. I'm 29 and have no savings for retirement, nor do I own a home.

My plan is to go travelling for 18months and blow my money and then when I'm ready I'll just off myself.

But before I do I want to get the most out of life in the next year or two.

Old age does not appeal to me at all.