Suffering From Severe Post Finasteride Syndrome- Help Please

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
I brought this up to my doctor, he says that my test levels are normal so testosterone injections wouldn’t help. He also informed me that testosterone injections can cause further ED and sexual problems and development of gyno. Apparently I wouldnt be able to do it.

Hey mate about 7 years ago I took only 3 x 1mg tablets of finasteride and my junk went numb for months. Please stay off propeciahelp forum it does not help. Give your body time to heal and see a different doctor. I'm even now contemplating getting back on Finasteride at a lower dose. Deep breath mate eat well, look after ylurself
I brought this up to my doctor, he says that my test levels are normal so testosterone injections wouldn’t help. He also informed me that testosterone injections can cause further ED and sexual problems and development of gyno. Apparently I wouldnt be able to do it.

7 years ago I took 3 x 1mg tablets in a row and got numb junk that lasted for 3 months. Stay off propeciahelp forums, eat well, and look after yourself. I know it can seem overwhelming, go see another doctor but don't obcess reading information online. I'm now considering taking finasteride again at a much lower dose all these years later.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
It went away on its own after 3 months? Did you have to take any supplements or hormone therapy ir medication from a doctor?

I'll be 100 percent honest.

I did HCG after but I'm not recommending this either as my circumstances are different to yours. I think it was a series of unfortunate events. I very stupidly when I was 21 did a cycle of test, and it triggered my hair thining, I freaked out and stopped the cycle and got finasteride. I really think finasteride is not good if you have low t especially if you want to have sex but my levels would have naturally dropped at the time because of the cycle. My levels are back to how I had them at that age maybe slightly lower but it just took time for me.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll be 100 percent honest.

I did HCG after but I'm not recommending this either as my circumstances are different to yours. I think it was a series of unfortunate events. I very stupidly when I was 21 did a cycle of test, and it triggered my hair thining, I freaked out and stopped the cycle and got finasteride. I really think finasteride is not good if you have low t especially if you want to have sex but my levels would have naturally dropped at the time because of the cycle. My levels are back to how I had them at that age maybe slightly lower but it just took time for me.

I think the finasteride tipped me over the edge at the time. It definitely made my junk numb and lifeless though.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 weeks, its f*****g bullshit. Even had it confirmed by the doctor, and doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Why the f*** am I suffering from this after only 3 weeks? And the sexual side effects too, its just too much to take in.

Even estradiol didn’t give me gynecomastia within three weeks

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you genuinely have gyno then it also explains why you have ED . finasteride could have spiked your E crazy high but as others have said actually forming gyno is basically impossible.

I’m guessing you didn’t have any blood work done before to see where your baselines are . You could try some arimidex 0.25mg 3 times a week so you can at least rule out if it’s E related or not.

Vane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be finasteride raised your E2 and Prolactin levels too high so you may want to start combating this with some AI's. Use Raloxifen in addition to that to get rid of the gyno. That may help with the ED and energy for a start. Make sure to cut down on body fat.

Test can cause some of the same problems as finasteride i.e high aromatization so it needs to be paired up with an AI. Many doctors don't seem to know much about injecting T. Recommend that you go to a good Endo that can diagnose you better and rx you some AIs.

If you genuinely have gyno then it also explains why you have ED . finasteride could have spiked your E crazy high but as others have said actually forming gyno is basically impossible.

Why is it impossible? I've heard of at least a few established members on this forum developing gyno from dutasteride. do you know the earliest timeframe when you can start developing gyno from it? Slightly concerned about using dutasteride because of gyno myself. Been on 1mg finasteride for more than a year but probably less than 2. Might as well be water for my hair but my E2 is over the range.

Also, Ollie, sorry I can't reply in PMs. The forum put restrictions on me because I'm a newbie. thanks for helping me out :) I'll see if I can get around this and make a thread later.

Even estradiol didn’t give me gynecomastia within three weeks

How long did it take? Trying to establish an approximate "you've grown tits" date for dutasteride. Also if gyno onset starts and progresses gradually how long does it take going from noticing symptoms to proud b**ch tits status?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be finasteride raised your E2 and Prolactin levels too high so you may want to start combating this with some AI's. Use Raloxifen in addition to that to get rid of the gyno. That may help with the ED and energy for a start. Make sure to cut down on body fat.

Test can cause some of the same problems as finasteride i.e high aromatization so it needs to be paired up with an AI. Many doctors don't seem to know much about injecting T. Recommend that you go to a good Endo that can diagnose you better and rx you some AIs.

Why is it impossible? I've heard of at least a few established members on this forum developing gyno from dutasteride. do you know the earliest timeframe when you can start developing gyno from it? Slightly concerned about using dutasteride because of gyno myself. Been on 1mg finasteride for more than a year but probably less than 2. Might as well be water for my hair but my E2 is over the range.

Also, Ollie, sorry I can't reply in PMs. The forum put restrictions on me because I'm a newbie. thanks for helping me out :) I'll see if I can get around this and make a thread later.

How long did it take? Trying to establish an approximate "you've grown tits" date for dutasteride. Also if gyno onset starts and progresses gradually how long does it take going from noticing symptoms to proud b**ch tits status?

You most likely won’t get it from 5AR inhibitors, you can delude yourself into thinking you do though. If you constantly think that something is there, you will eventually believe that it exists.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fcking idiot of course he can get it from 5AR inhibitors you lying tranny.

Hell, the side effects he's talking about are even officialy mentioned as potential side effects.

Bald people need to be banned from this website...

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a treatment for PFS, it's Testosterone Injections.
I took dutasteride for 10 months. During those 10 months, my dick was basically non-existant. I stopped dutasteride 4 months ago and i've been on 300mg of testosterone for 3 months now. My dick went from 0% to 20-30%. I never expected this ED/Post Fina-Syndrome (whatever you call it) to be this severe. I thought the test would fix everything considering thats quite a high dose.
I will talk to my doctor and ask him for DHT gel. I think thats the only thing that will help me.
Never expected this sh*t to be a reality. I cant imagine how the people feel who got this and dont have access to hormones.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You most likely won’t get it from 5AR inhibitors, you can delude yourself into thinking you do though. If you constantly think that something is there, you will eventually believe that it exists.

Do you want me to show you a picture of the gyno I developed after 1 year of Finasteride?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took dutasteride for 10 months. During those 10 months, my dick was basically non-existant. I stopped dutasteride 4 months ago and i've been on 300mg of testosterone for 3 months now. My dick went from 0% to 20-30%. I never expected this ED/Post Fina-Syndrome (whatever you call it) to be this severe. I thought the test would fix everything considering thats quite a high dose.
I will talk to my doctor and ask him for DHT gel. I think thats the only thing that will help me.
Never expected this sh*t to be a reality. I cant imagine how the people feel who got this and dont have access to hormones.

Tribulus (1 pill / day) 10 day cycle. L-Carnitine daily. 50g of Sorghum once a week. Only things that give any improvements for me. Have PFS for 3 years now. Hormones do not help me - my last testosterone reading came in at 1200 however I don't feel like that at all. My serum DHT was in the bottom 30% of normal just a month ago, I can only conclude it was even worse 2 years ago and probably the tissue levels are still bad because those serum levels don't accurately reflect what's going on.

Basically androgen receptors and 5-AR are still epigenetically silenced years after quitting the drug. Tribulus and carnitine can help increase androgen receptor density, and sorghum has been shown to increase DHT, but should be used sparingly because increasing your DHT too quickly will overwhelm your androgen receptors and likely make symptoms even worse.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tribulus (1 pill / day) 10 day cycle. L-Carnitine daily. 50g of Sorghum once a week. Only things that give any improvements for me. Have PFS for 3 years now. Hormones do not help me - my last testosterone reading came in at 1200 however I don't feel like that at all. My serum DHT was in the bottom 30% of normal just a month ago, I can only conclude it was even worse 2 years ago and probably the tissue levels are still bad because those serum levels don't accurately reflect what's going on.

Basically androgen receptors and 5-AR are still epigenetically silenced years after quitting the drug. Tribulus and carnitine can help increase androgen receptor density, and sorghum has been shown to increase DHT, but should be used sparingly because increasing your DHT too quickly will overwhelm your androgen receptors and likely make symptoms even worse.
I will definetely try these.
There was a post from someone who explained the issue with PFS quite well:

"This post is to clear up why people may experience post finasteride ED and possible treatments.

Your penis is made up of smooth muscle which contracts or relaxed to control the blood flow rushing into your penis. This effects how quickly you are able to get erections as well as erection quality

DHT is the primary androgen in this smooth muscle, it’s one of the only muscles in the body that relies on DHT.

Based on your genetic suspetability people require different dht levels to maintain this smooth muscle. If you have ED from finasteride one of the factors is this muscle has shrinked and can’t perform its function optimally. This is the main cause of persistent ED even after stopping finasteride

This muscle requires erections to be excersied effectively on top of DHT. So while erections become less frequent on finasteride and DHT is significantly reduced these muscles will shrink. Some people shrink these muscles faster than others. If you build this muscle slowly you may have difficulty recovering after finasteride Treatment

Your system may require a kickstart to build this muscles to a point where erection quality is no longer a problem so you can get erections without a problem.

I’m talking about using topical DHT or systemic androgens such as proviron to induce the hypertrophy of these muscles.

Once they are of sufficient size and strength you can start to get erections on your own and can gradually reduce your dosage."

Thats why being bombarded with huge amounts of DHT barely seems to help. I basicaly have to train my muscle again. I hate to admit it but my dick as atrophied quite badly. Its shorter and slimmer than before. I believe with time, bombarding the receptors with androgens and training ( fapping lol) i will be able to recover. But its a shitty feeling knowing just how hard this seems to be. I will visit as many doctors as it needs to get DHT Gel prescribed. I hope they will understand my situation and help me. Ill be mad if they dont. And i will definetely stay away from oral anti-androgens now. I was fine with being dickless on dutasteride because i believed it would go away as soon as i stop. Thats not the case. And now i have to risk more hairloss with test injections, just to help me recover.
Will definetely make a thread one day about it and document my recovery.