Sucess 2 months on minoxidil 7% and 9%!

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how often do you shampoo and what shampoo do you use?

spironolactone liquid has given me MASSIVE dandruff

thanks

pieter

Reaction score
I shampoo once a day with the doctors own shampoo, uncoloured, uncented, with tea tree oil.

pieter

Reaction score
Found this pic of 5 years ago. Only been on treatment for 4 months now so hope I can get back to that level again!?

Attachments

• one months ago.JPG
    one months ago.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 5 years ago.JPG
    5 years ago.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 310

pieter

Reaction score
Official photos 4 months in treatment! The website is http://www.hairloss.co.za. The Dr is busy with an international website but this will only be up and running by the end of 2010.

Attachments

• 4 months3.jpg
    4 months3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 4 months2.jpg
    4 months2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 4 months1.jpg
    4 months1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 346
  • before1.JPG
    before1.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 342

JWM

Reaction score
Wow! Can you tell us the exact ingredients in your minoxidil solution as far as ratios to alcohol and PPG?

Thanks

Oh yeah, any problem with spironolactone smell, even after it is washed out?

pieter

Reaction score
Unfortunately it does not say the exact comp on the bottle and no, I don't smell the spironolactone after my hair has been washed. In fact it only smells for about 20 min and then I don't smell it anymore.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you carry on with just the spironolactone and minoxidil or did you add propecia?

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
It's amazing what can be done with toppik and a comb over.
I don't care if you are using 50% minoxidil, you still won't get that much growth in 2 Months. I suspect your doctor is styling your hair and adding a bit of toppik before taking the pictures himself in what looks to be his clinic, in the photos.

pieter

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Quick update: No real progress over the past three months, looks like its stabilized and at times I have wondered if its not becoming worse again. Ive got an appointment in July so will post as soon as Ive got official pics.

As a matter of fact; the doctor doesn't even touch my hair, I comb it and try to get it as close as possible to the first style so that I can really see if its working. The doctor said that I am a very good responder but it looks to me that my scalp has become accustomed to the minoxidil since I don't see progress like I use to.

Eventually I would have to combine propecia as the doctor prescribed but still holding out on that option.

pieter

Reaction score
Just a few pics with different lighting at 4 months and 6.5 months:

Will be seeing the doctor again in October so will post the direct comparisons then again.

Hope I can just keep out on propecia until I have children :)

Attachments

• 20 June 6.5months.JPG
    20 June 6.5months.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 319
  • 28 April 4months.JPG
    28 April 4months.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 333

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Pieter!!! Hey man, you gotta let us know how things are going? Still on the minoxidil? Any blaoting in the mouth area? End up on Finas?
Hopefully you arent on that drug just yet:)
Tim

pieter

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Still on the same routine but have upped the dosage to 1,5 ml and 9% in the mornings as well. Progress is very slow and I have definitely started to thin again, that's why I upped the dosage.

I'm very close to taking finasteride in the hope that I will have thick full head of hair again! I have had excellent result with the minoxidil but without finasteride, its very hard to keep it up, I can feel my hair is thinner than at 4 months!

Will post a pick sometime again and will let you guys know when I take the finasteride plunge!