• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 2 months later.JPG
    2 months later.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,258

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Awesome bro! Where are you getting the higher percentage of minoxidil from? I ask because I have not seen a 7% or 9%. I am mixing my own and combining 5% and 15% to acheive an approx 9% because after 6 years of being on 5% I started loosing ground again.

rcom440

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Awesome bro! Where are you getting the higher percentage of minoxidil from? I ask because I have not seen a 7% or 9%. I am mixing my own and combining 5% and 15% to acheive an approx 9% because after 6 years of being on 5% I started loosing ground again.

why are you mixing 5% and 15% if you can simply apply 1.5 ml of 5%
It will be the same.
It goes both ways - .5 ml of 5% would give you approximately 2.5% minoxidil.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I am mixing them to acheive an approx 7% - 9% not a lower dose. So in effect I am dilluting the 15% minoxidil with a 5% to lower that to my desired minoxidil percentage.

I actually emailed Dr. Lee and he was gracious enough not only to answer but also to help with a few questions regarding this.

Mopless

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, only 2 months... nice results!

>Propeciajunkie: Why are you doing mixing solutions, exactly? And what 5% are using to dilute Lee's stuff? Any possibility you can share your questions and his answers on this? I've actually been thinking of something along these lines, and to find someone else already so many steps ahead of me is very nice.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I am mixing them because after 6 years I started to lose some of my gains from mixox 5% and needed a stronger solution.

I am using a generic 5% PPG based minoxidil. There were only a few questions and were related to the stablility of mixing a PPG based minoxidil with a glycerin based minoxidil which is highly saturated. His answers were basically that if you mix the two and it does not crystalize in 24 hours than the mixture is stable. I tried this and all was good. I then just created a mixture that is approx between 7% - 9% by estimating the percentages and ml's and WAALAA! I have a stronger than 5% minoxidil to help bring back the gains I used to have.

I did not want to jump to a 10%, 12.5 or even the 15% right away so i have room to adjust in the future.

**** (My appologies to Pieter for sort of hijicking this thread, we need to start a new one for this topic)****

Excellent results again pieter!!!

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into my regimen of once nightly though I'm applying 5% at the vertex. Hopefully I can get the same level of improvement :)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
I am mixing them because after 6 years I started to lose some of my gains from mixox 5% and needed a stronger solution.

I am using a generic 5% PPG based minoxidil. There were only a few questions and were related to the stablility of mixing a PPG based minoxidil with a glycerin based minoxidil which is highly saturated. His answers were basically that if you mix the two and it does not crystalize in 24 hours than the mixture is stable. I tried this and all was good. I then just created a mixture that is approx between 7% - 9% by estimating the percentages and ml's and WAALAA! I have a stronger than 5% minoxidil to help bring back the gains I used to have.

I did not want to jump to a 10%, 12.5 or even the 15% right away so i have room to adjust in the future.

**** (My appologies to Pieter for sort of hijicking this thread, we need to start a new one for this topic)****

so are you seeing results with your new solution?

pieter

Reaction score
Sorry guys, its 7.5% not 7%, my mistake :) I’m seeing a Dr is South Africa and it’s his own minoxidil that he has developed with the help of a pharmacist. I am suppose to use Propecia with the treatment but will only start in 2 months time. Without Propecia it will be difficult to maintain the re-growth.

I'm also on a anti-antrodgen solution but don't know what the active ingredient is, it's only called "solution B" and I apply it before going to bed.

I'm also suppose to use 1ml but my hair has been a bit longer, so I've used about 1,5ml which I shouldn't have but now that my hair cut shorter, I'm back to 1ml.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
zeroheat said:
PropeciaJunkie said:

so are you seeing results with your new solution?

Yep, after 3 months I am getting new dark hairs along my hairline.

pieter

Reaction score
Pics from the front. I know they differ, different lighting etc but you can still see a difference.

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,992
  • after1.JPG
    after1.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 3,992

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awesome results mate....Hair looks healthier,darker and much thicker up front in your after picture.I bet you can expect some more regrowth in the months to come. :punk:

JWM

Reaction score
Congrats! Does the solution smell? Most who use 2% spironolactone liquid complain of smell, especially when mixed with minoxidil.

And just to clarify: You are using the minoxidil in the morning, and the spironolactone at night?

pieter

Reaction score
Yip, it smells but not for to long and not to bad. I use minoxidil in the morning and afternoon and then before I go to bed, the spironolactone. According to my Doctor, minoxidil and spironolactone don't work together, thus the minoxidil should be applied at least 2 hours before spironolactone.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you apply the spironolactone and how much do you apply? I just started using the liquid and I'm not sure how to use it as effectively as possible

pieter

Reaction score
Found this photo (second pic) on my phone. Quality is not that good but you can still see how thin it was up top. The first photo was taken with the flash on to expose of any areas where my scalp is exposed.

Attachments

• 2 months before treatment.jpg
    2 months before treatment.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 3 months1.JPG
    3 months1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 427