Successful regrowth with hormone replacement therapy

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The result continues to grow, congratulations. I must say that I also canceled microneedling and did not notice the difference, for this reason I will not use it anymore. I also have a face overgrown like yours (a monobrow appears) from minoxidil, now I will use it less often and in the future I will try to give it up. I hope I don't catch the withdrawal syndrome.
My last bottle of Minoxidil just ran out. I will keep you updated what's happening after discontinuation. IIRC the sheding should occure after 3 months. But since my regrowth was just fine on estrogen alone, I think it will continue to do so just fine without minoxidil, although more slowly perhaps.

grimgrim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuchsilein,

Your hair is looking great, have you had any adverse side effects?

And have you lost much muscle mass?

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuchsilein,

Your hair is looking great, have you had any adverse side effects?

And have you lost much muscle mass?
I haven't experienced any unwanted side effects. I wouldn't recommend this treatment unless you are trans though, my body has become very girly which is impossible to hide. People do notice. In most of my old guy-pants I look kinda ridiculous and most of them don't even fit anymore, my upper legs became much thicker. I lost a considerable amount of muscle, I'd say, especially on my shoulders and neck. I never had problems opening pickle jars, I know it's a meme but in my case very true as I struggle a lot with those these days. Thanks for the compliment by the way!

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time for my monthly update. There's not much to say other than that my hair is still growing since I stopped applying Minoxidil. The picture above is from a month ago, below is from today. Not much difference, progress with the hair in the front is really slow. It's clearly a tiny bit longer, though. Have a nice day everyone.
Polish_20210925_170224649.jpg

Attachments

• Polish_20210925_170224649.jpg
    Polish_20210925_170224649.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 193

grimgrim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time for my monthly update. There's not much to say other than that my hair is still growing since I stopped applying Minoxidil. The picture above is from a month ago, below is from today. Not much difference, progress with the hair in the front is really slow. It's clearly a tiny bit longer, though. Have a nice day everyone.View attachment 170130
Your hair looks more amazing each time you post, it’s good to see that you are still gaining even after stopping min. I wonder if starting min + HRT, then dropping min after the initial growth leads to better more permanent results. Either way looking great I’m envious.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks more amazing each time you post, it’s good to see that you are still gaining even after stopping min. I wonder if starting min + HRT, then dropping min after the initial growth leads to better more permanent results. Either way looking great I’m envious.
I'm starting to wonder if Minoxidil has done much at all. Progress is pretty consistent with what I got within a month time when I still used it. We'll see.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on HRT since one year now. Judging by my progress so far, recovery will easily take another two years.
Last time I used Minoxidil was three months ago and I don't notice any difference in growth and I didn't shed at all.

Attachments

• uri_mh1636203740970.jpg
    uri_mh1636203740970.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 286

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on HRT since one year now. Judging by my progress so far, recovery will easily take another two years.
Last time I used Minoxidil was three months ago and I don't notice any difference in growth and I didn't shed at all.
Congrats! My hairline is merging together with my eyebrows from minoxidil. Maybe you had no response to topical application.

Last edited:

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats! My hairline is merging together with my eyebrows from minoxidil. Maybe you had no response to topical application.
If you scroll up a little you will find the post where I stopped Minoxidil because of the very same reason

grimgrim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuchsilein, I was going to ask you all these questions, but then you answered them in your new posts, been waiting for new updates on your hair like a crack addict on the streets lol. Hair is looking great btw.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey hey, new update
I haven't been taking my vitamins for over two months and that unfortunately led to a significant setback.
Picture says all. Don't skip vitamins.
I started taking my vitamins again two weeks ago and saw improved growth within a few days. Vitamins are most definitely the reason for this, especially Biotin. I am able to tell that because I reintroduced Biotin first, the others last week only.
I noticed a very unusual amount of lost hair on my pillows in recent days, which might be connected somehow.

edit: somehow I can't post pictures
link:

Last edited:

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It got a little worse, are you sure it was the vitamins? Maybe there were other regime changes?
Are you still taking E2 pills?
Personally, I switched to injections and I have to say it was a good decision.

Last edited:

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It got a little worse, are you sure it was the vitamins? Maybe there were other regime changes?
Are you still taking E2 pills?
Personally, I switched to injections and I have to say it was a good decision.
No changes other than vitamins. Hair is growing again.