Success on KSR [with pics]

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm still amazed. You went from shiny bald to having hair! Great job! What do people who remember say when they see you with hair?

Thank man. I still feel pretty bald. The front is still crap and the top looks ok but it's not normal hair, still very thin. It's better than slick bald for sure.

When I started, I was about where you are today. After a month of topicals I shed about half of what I had left. Three months later I was back to baseline or maybe a bit better. Five months definite improvement and added finasteride. I hope in six months I'll be posting a success story.
Your story inspired me!
Hang in there, it takes a LONG time and there are ups and downs. Good luck!

Great story here and your hair regrowth looks pretty amazing, even if you say it has gone downhill slightly. Can you post some shots taken from further away so its possible to see all of your scalp (a bit like your first base line pic)

Thanks, I'm disappointed I guess because this is probably the best it is going to get without a hair transplant and even that is not going to get me back to normal hair. The routine is also a pain in the a** and I worry about all the drugs but it's all we have right now. Current treatment technology plainly sucks.

The widest picture I have in full sunlight:

U6VBg.jpg

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What do people who remember say when they see you with hair?

That's the funny part, I think the change was so slow that no one noticed or if they have they just think it's the haircut or what ever. Also the front that people notice first has not improved as much and really is just holding it's own. I guess mid-scalp is a lot better but that just makes the front look worse.

I usually buzz to a 1 or 2 and let it grow out to about 2", so there is always a lot of change. The first 4 months were pretty dramatic but after that it's been slow with periods of downs and then back to where I was.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I want to add one more thing. I just went back and looked at where I started from and holy crap I was bald!!

I think what happens is I forget sometimes how far I've come and end up comparing where I am now to when I was say 18. That's the holy grail of treatment to get back to where you were at 18... I've just got to accept that is not going to happen with current technology.

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
casperz said:
I want to add one more thing. I just went back and looked at where I started from and holy crap I was bald!!

lol i'm happy for your success man!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
amazing results. congrats, man :)

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazing results!! I wish I could go on finasteride and minoxidil as you did. I just got sides way too quick on both of them.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Amazing results!! I wish I could go on finasteride and minoxidil as you did. I just got sides way too quick on both of them.

They were pretty good but not a cure. I lost some of the gains over the past couple of years. The regime was too much to do every
day long term. I also realized what finasteride was doing to me and was amazed at how much better I felt after getting off. I am seeing some regrowth
now with topical Cetirizine that I hope will rival these results. I've posted pics over in the Alternative Treatments section.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair has not changed now for months, I would say it started
going downhill July 2009 and it stopped shedding in January
and I'm close to where I was to start in the front and the crown is very thin.

I'm going to try to get back to my hard core KSR regime that I started with
and see if I can get the re-growth that I had in 2008. I think I cut back to
just the big three about that time. Should know by July if anything is working.

I'm probably done trying if this does not kick things back into gear.

Your results are amazing comparing the bald starting point and the amount of regrowth you got. You say you lost most of it and then you started KSR regimen in the post I am responding to and four months later you seem to have growth again. Have you been able to trace regrowth to any specific components in your regimen?

Given the sheer number of treatments you used, I think you should have been publishing your regimen every three months in some kind of diary format, and then traced notes about the growth with photos at each three month interval. It's very hard for any of us to know which of the many treatments you used accounted for the results.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Impressive results. Do you mind posting a new update in here? :)

I've been off finasteride since Feb of 2012, almost 2 years now and lost some of these gains but I'm no where near where I started
in 2007. I could get back to this state I think by jumping back on finasteride plus KSR but I'm pretty sold on staying finasteride free.

I'm updating my sig below with my threads since this one.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
casperz do you think the vitamins helped at all? i am interested in adding them to my regimen

- - - Updated - - -

casperz do you think the vitamins helped at all? i am interested in adding them to my regimen

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Latest pics 09/2017:

Attachments

• IMG_8161b.JPG
    IMG_8161b.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_8175b.JPG
    IMG_8175b.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_8195b.JPG
    IMG_8195b.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_8233b.JPG
    IMG_8233b.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_8238b.JPG
    IMG_8238b.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_8239b.JPG
    IMG_8239b.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_8240b.JPG
    IMG_8240b.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 692

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering your baseline, that's an amazing regrowth without HRT. How old are you now? And at what age you started treat it? Was it just finasteride and minoxidil, or maybe something else?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a ton of progress. Please describe your regimen in detail. Thanks

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s really hard to believe...

KRS?

If you had your hair back without AA its just unbelievable. What’s your trick? A wig? :p

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The first picture I posted here was from Oct 2007, mid forties. I posted in "Alternative treatments" yesterday and detailed everything I know. I just update this thread to document my progress.

Considering your baseline, that's an amazing regrowth without HRT. How old are you now? And at what age you started treat it? Was it just finasteride and minoxidil, or maybe something else?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I come back here from time to time just to troll you guys. :)

It’s really hard to believe...

KRS?

If you had your hair back without AA its just unbelievable. What’s your trick? A wig? :p