Success on KSR [with pics]

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right now I would have to say you can move me over to the
failure side. Still shedding but it's slowed, but I've lost so much in the
last 5 months I just don't have anymore to shed. All of the new small
hairs at the hairline and through out the scalp are gone.

I ordered a new batch of finasteride in December thinking I might have gotten a
bad batch. I'll know in about three to six months if that works.

I'm going to give it six months and then re-evaluate. If it's not working then
I'm buzzing my head again and I'm done with oral/topical. I'll wait for some
new technology or maybe look into a hair transplant again.

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
hey casperz, sorry to see that youve lost ground. if i may make a suggestion, i think you should maybe get back on the 15% minoxidil (which i believe you said you dropped). i think that, of all the changes you made, the 15% minoxidil is the leading candidate as being the biggest factor.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is your proscar from india or an online pharmacy?

online pharm and no problems for the first two years. After the first
six months of finasteride all the hair on my scalp was much thicker feeling. Now
it just does not feel the same which makes me think it's the finasteride. Everything else was a topical on the top/front.

Could it be because you stopped using the hydrocortisone?

That is possible, maybe I need to go back to the KSR regime. I'd like to add one thing at a time but it takes 3 or 4 months to tell if it's working. And it could
be a combination of things that were working. Or it could be that I've overdone
something. Or maybe it's going to get better if I just keep doing what I'm
doing. There is just no way of knowing without spending years at it.

hey casperz, sorry to see that youve lost ground. if i may make a suggestion, i think you should maybe get back on the 15% minoxidil

That was the only thing that has given me substantial side effects. I was dizzy and short winded but I was drenching head at times.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I've just gotten burned out on dealing
with the treatments day after day. I'd like a permanent solution like HM but I
guess for now that is not possible. I could get a hair transplant but I'm not crazy about
the idea of a huge scar on my scalp if I ever need to shave my head.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
casperz said:
is your proscar from india or an online pharmacy?

online pharm and no problems for the first two years. After the first
six months of finasteride all the hair on my scalp was much thicker feeling. Now
it just does not feel the same which makes me think it's the finasteride. Everything else was a topical on the top/front.

but you also used minoxidil/nizoral/other stuff. not saying that the proscar from online pharm is fake though.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
as you said you use glycholic acid and retin-a craeam .
i am using sacylic acid 6% thrice a week or 5 times a week its feels awesome.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
if you want good results , then just go for a hairtransplant....
sinds it also takes 1 year to show full result... (but your sure to have results)

arrange a megasession fue of 3000 a 4000 grafts....

with fue you dont have a scar on the back...

its just expensive

i'm going in at prohairclinic for 3000 fue in april i will post with pictures here also

other thing you can do is shave it all off ( last option )

switch to another fina would work maybe to ? or switch to dutasteride ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you have a big regime that works , dont drop any produkts...

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hair has not changed now for months, I would say it started
going downhill July 2009 and it stopped shedding in January
and I'm close to where I was to start in the front and the crown is very thin.

I'm going to try to get back to my hard core KSR regime that I started with
and see if I can get the re-growth that I had in 2008. I think I cut back to
just the big three about that time. Should know by July if anything is working.

I'm probably done trying if this does not kick things back into gear.

aubergine

Reaction score
hey casperz, sorry to heat that.
but keep up with your hardcore regimen and you and we all will see, if theres anything else to the big 3 that can really make a difference.
hope you stay consistent and wish you good luck!

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
wesley belgium just a word of warning have you done research on prohair clinic ive heard some bad stories about them even on this forum..i know dr feriduni is also in belgium and is very highly rated.

ultimatley the decision is up to you just make sure you have all the information

hope this helps

Hoppi

Reaction score
yeah don't give up casperz, that last lot of pics shows/proves what you are capable of doing!

If you drop down to the big 3 at any point again you may as well do something like swap nizoral for Dr Lee's keto shampoo and min for xandrox with retin-a or nanominox fms or something, as that would keep it simple but still give it a real kick!

Anyway, good luck dude and don't give up! :)

Hoppi!

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
david007 said:
wesley belgium just a word of warning have you done research on prohair clinic ive heard some bad stories about them even on this forum..i know dr feriduni is also in belgium and is very highly rated.

ultimatley the decision is up to you just make sure you have all the information

hope this helps

the hair transplant is allready done , i had a good experience with the clinic , there was a case of a person that didnt had much growth , and the clinic refund him 50% of the money , but that was a single case as far as i know , there many happy prohairclinic patients on our forum...
further the clinic is linked to the ilter clinic with no reason , sinds dr ilter only trained the dr reys and after that dr reys went his own way , but still there linked to dr ilter , i have seen the result of the ilterclinic , you cant compare that to the results of the prohairclinic.... there 2 different clinics

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how is everything going? The KSR regimen is interesting, did you get back on it?

Yep, got back on it. Too early to tell if it's working, it's been about 60 days
since i re-started but I'm hopeful based on what I've seen so far. I'm also
using 6ml of minoxidil per day. 1ml crown, 1 middle, 1 front, twice per day.

I think by the end of July, about 4 months total, I'll be able to tell. If KSR
does start working as it looks like it might I can only assume I have to be
diligent and stick with it. It's a pain in the *** but worth it.

wreseterer

Reaction score
One of my friend is having a similar issue i will suggest the method that you use for my friend also :)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Success on KSR - 35 months in [with pics]

I think I'm back on track on the crown. The shedding stopped about 4 months ago and I'm back to where I was in early 2009.

The front is another matter. It is at best holding it's own but I'm afraid I'm losing ground slowly. I suspect that what works for the crown does not work as well or at all from the front. I'm going to seriously consider hair transplant soon.

Here are two pictures of the crown, one in full sunlight, second in shade. Go back to my first posts of this topic to see where I started. It's pretty amazing.

2snog.jpg

v3QSh.jpg

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Great story here and your hair regrowth looks pretty amazing, even if you say it has gone downhill slightly. Can you post some shots taken from further away so its possible to see all of your scalp (a bit like your first base line pic)

fab4fan

Reaction score
Frankly, I'm still amazed. You went from shiny bald to having hair! Great job! What do people who remember say when they see you with hair?

When I started, I was about where you are today. After a month of topicals I shed about half of what I had left. Three months later I was back to baseline or maybe a bit better. Five months definite improvement and added finasteride. I hope in six months I'll be posting a success story.

Your story inspired me!

f4f