Success Followed By The Second Shed

Bejand

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello friends I have the same problem.I have seen a regrow after 6 month and then at 8 month have another shed but now this time week hair + strong hair are also shedding... I am totally in depression... So this is only a shed or my medicine stop working? Can I gain anything in future. I am on minoxidil 10%+ propecia.help me please...does anyone of you experience that thick hair are falling in shed(2nd).
sorry for the late reply, yes that is totally normal to be shedding strong hairs also. Stick to your regimen and the shed should be over soon, most people say the second shed lasts 2-3 months so maybe try a new hair style for that time.

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey hows it going? did your hair get back to preshed or at least close to it?

No Not really, it was in good path,as i have seen little hairs sprouting all over my head and hairline. But none of them grew the hairs along the hairline still there with no intention of growing but the ones in midscalp basically got disappeared :( I still shed 0.1-0.2 inch small club hairs that attached to yellow bulb whereas rest of my head is 1 inch long. It is not normal and devastating same time , i therefore decided to do blood analysis waiting for results of my T, DHT, FREE T while my estradiol is 55 mg where it should be 20-47. Propecia increased my estradiol level.Obviously hormonal imbalance affect my hair in a negative way. i try not not to be pessimistic and seek for solution. Another sing is that once i consume even fruit that contains natural sugar, red dots start appearing on my sides of head and amazing irritation. Tomorrow i will do another blood test to see if i am diabetic or smt. I only think about how were my hairs in March-April and how happy i was! Only GOd knows how does it feel to live knowing your hairs is ok!! It wasnt so long ago but just 2-3 months

Jay002

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all I had restarted minoxidil after a 10 month break...My hair pre minoxidil was nw1.5 on minoxidil it became nw2 & lost density....When I left minoxidil it became nw2.5 & now after restarting it after 10 months it's nw3-3.5ish...With very low hair density...
Basically it's 5th month now after restarting..& I have a huge second shed going on for the past 1.5 months..The 1st shed was OK & after dat I was hardly shedding for 2 months , but from. Month 3.5 till now... I'm shedding heavily about 200-500 hair a day....Lost my hairline...My temples are gone...& Yes vertex is also almost bald now.....Crown is OK...I never sheded at the crown earlier to....The main reason for starting minoxidil was receding temples...Which I had detected very early...I had excellent got density & thickness before starting minoxidil....
The main reason for restarting minoxidil is that even after 10months of quitting it ...I used to shed 150-300 hairs a day....& It had destroyed my hair count...My harmone levels are really stable...So doctor said I don't require propecia...&yes u
I have started a new problem of scalp inflammation now after the 2nd shed please share your experience & thoughts .Will my hair regrowth back stronger after this 2nd shed? I'm posting some pics

Jay002

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are some pics taken throughout this past week

Attachments

• 15007999482741553767713.jpg
    15007999482741553767713.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 921
  • 1500799882045-1752071164.jpg
    1500799882045-1752071164.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 872
  • 15007996421912105547351.jpg
    15007996421912105547351.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 806
  • 15007994848071056992082.jpg
    15007994848071056992082.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 833
  • 1500799421192-789289437.jpg
    1500799421192-789289437.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 813
  • 15009673098922098972011.jpg
    15009673098922098972011.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 833
  • 15009674398101973421126.jpg
    15009674398101973421126.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 902

Bejand

My Regimen
Reaction score
No Not really, it was in good path,as i have seen little hairs sprouting all over my head and hairline. But none of them grew the hairs along the hairline still there with no intention of growing but the ones in midscalp basically got disappeared :( I still shed 0.1-0.2 inch small club hairs that attached to yellow bulb whereas rest of my head is 1 inch long. It is not normal and devastating same time , i therefore decided to do blood analysis waiting for results of my T, DHT, FREE T while my estradiol is 55 mg where it should be 20-47. Propecia increased my estradiol level.Obviously hormonal imbalance affect my hair in a negative way. i try not not to be pessimistic and seek for solution. Another sing is that once i consume even fruit that contains natural sugar, red dots start appearing on my sides of head and amazing irritation. Tomorrow i will do another blood test to see if i am diabetic or smt. I only think about how were my hairs in March-April and how happy i was! Only GOd knows how does it feel to live knowing your hairs is ok!! It wasnt so long ago but just 2-3 months
if you are shedding 0.1-0.2 inch hairs thats good, those are the weaker finer hairs that will shed and stronger hair will grow.

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are shedding 0.1-0.2 inch hairs thats good, those are the weaker finer hairs that will shed and stronger hair will grow.
Well i dont necessarily shed weak hairs but thick black hairs, anyway none of them are on my head now. I got hit massively, trying understand the reason why i lose ground and i do think its because of my higher estradiol level. I didnt stop propecia or smt even developed gynecomastia(its another issue as well). Zinc intake or consuming crucifiers vegetable can not outweight the impact of estradiol, Took arimidex for one week , but it made me itch in MBP zone as hell. So i have no any other option apart from giving up on propecia for now. Its really tough to take it. It made me lose my scholarship , i couldnt properly study my exams, ended up losing the benefit that was important for my future education! SO i am unhappy with pretty much every aspect of my life. Seeking for solution desperately

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i dont necessarily shed weak hairs but thick black hairs, anyway none of them are on my head now. I got hit massively, trying understand the reason why i lose ground and i do think its because of my higher estradiol level. I didnt stop propecia or smt even developed gynecomastia(its another issue as well). Zinc intake or consuming crucifiers vegetable can not outweight the impact of estradiol, Took arimidex for one week , but it made me itch in MBP zone as hell. So i have no any other option apart from giving up on propecia for now. Its really tough to take it. It made me lose my scholarship , i couldnt properly study my exams, ended up losing the benefit that was important for my future education! SO i am unhappy with pretty much every aspect of my life. Seeking for solution desperately

I became completely stupid on propecia. I made it through university and managed to get my career going, but my brain felt broken. I had trouble following conversations. Anyhow I quit after 7. 5 years, made a huge difference but I never totally recovered.

Things are good now, it's been 13 years since I quit. Anyhow, just wanted to chime in to say I too experienced a hit to my brain function.

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you l
I became completely stupid on propecia. I made it through university and managed to get my career going, but my brain felt broken. I had trouble following conversations. Anyhow I quit after 7. 5 years, made a huge difference but I never totally recovered.

Things are good now, it's been 13 years since I quit. Anyhow, just wanted to chime in to say I too experienced a hit to my brain function.
you lost your hair after quitting propecia?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
you l

you lost your hair after quitting propecia?

For the most part, no, I did not. I started losing my hair at 19, I was shedding hundreds of hairs daily for months, and my hair was visibly thinning, it was awful. By the age of 20, I was on propecia, it totally stopped every bit of hair loss and I totally recovered.

I stopped propecia (proscar in qtrs) when I was 27, felt amazing without side but started to shed tons of hair again after only a few weeks. I still used minoxidil, but the hair was quickly thinning. I tried some things, they worked, but with sides, and quit. Eventually I found zix (homemade recipe that costs pennies to mix), it helped me maintain most of my hair and shedding was down dramatically. Ive been on that for 13 years (am now 40). I have lost hair since, but for my age I think I have great hair.

I posted a thread about it in alternative treatments, in post #425 I attached some pics. I also posted other pics earlier in the thread, have a look for more info. I do recommend using only one zinc to start and slowly moving up in zinc to find your sweet spot.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...b6-and-zinc-have-saved-my-hair.101629/page-22

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the most part, no, I did not. I started losing my hair at 19, I was shedding hundreds of hairs daily for months, and my hair was visibly thinning, it was awful. By the age of 20, I was on propecia, it totally stopped every bit of hair loss and I totally recovered.

I stopped propecia (proscar in qtrs) when I was 27, felt amazing without side but started to shed tons of hair again after only a few weeks. I still used minoxidil, but the hair was quickly thinning. I tried some things, they worked, but with sides, and quit. Eventually I found zix (homemade recipe that costs pennies to mix), it helped me maintain most of my hair and shedding was down dramatically. Ive been on that for 13 years (am now 40). I have lost hair since, but for my age I think I have great hair.

I posted a thread about it in alternative treatments, in post #425 I attached some pics. I also posted other pics earlier in the thread, have a look for more info. I do recommend using only one zinc to start and slowly moving up in zinc to find your sweet spot.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...b6-and-zinc-have-saved-my-hair.101629/page-22
bro i checked your picture, but you are still in good situation, i am not saying you are not suffering from this sh*t but you are good, nothing to be worried at least

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro i checked your picture, but you are still in good situation, i am not saying you are not suffering from this sh*t but you are good, nothing to be worried at least

Yeah i agree, the things I've done to keep my hair have definitely helped. I honestly believe without zix I'd be nw6

Jay002

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm getting excellent regrowth at the front and the temples particularly the right temple is showing hundreds of thick strands that are about centimeter long now...The density still low near the crown and midscalp , the second shed reduced the hair density but the hair which are growing now are definitely thicker than they were earlier..
Regime 1.25 ml 5% minoxidil once a day
5.5 months since restarting minoxidil..

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 707
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 671

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm getting excellent regrowth at the front and the temples particularly the right temple is showing hundreds of thick strands that are about centimeter long now...The density still low near the crown and midscalp , the second shed reduced the hair density but the hair which are growing now are definitely thicker than they were earlier..
Regime 1.25 ml 5% minoxidil once a day
5.5 months since restarting minoxidil..

Nice regrowth! Im on oral minoxidil and i hope to have some positive results. Shedding right now though.. Also you were never NW3.5 lol NW2 at worst with some mid scalp thinning. You seem to be in a better place now though :)

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man i can understand you, after 4 month i had amazing freaking great result , i was above the clouds, i used to shed close to 0 , yes its correct zero!!! during application of foam, in shower, pillow, thirst nothing!! but starting from beginning of the april, i realized few hairs shedding during the days, beginning of the may i realized i was losing the ground. now as of today i am pretty much at the baseline, I pretty much changed nothing but adding lipogaine 0.5 ml per day (never stopped rogaine or decreased the dosage) into my regimen, now i realize it was suicide. it gave me amazing flakes , irritation, inflammation, so i stopped using it but i believe it was late as it already induced the shedding phase , i shedded crazy, NO GAINS left on my head . It is really tough for me now, but just waiting for the to pass, as its really hard to see my hair in such situation again.

neverstopminoxing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Throwing my experience in here.

Background. I'm now almost 29 yo. Asian male. Started using minoxidil 3% standard solution twice a day since 22 yo thinking that I was losing a small patch of hair and needed a fix (in retrospect that was the dumbest sh*t anyone could have done, hair was almost perfect NW1). Fast forward to 25 yo, I stopped minoxidil for 1 month because minoxidil made my hair sticky and my scalp irritated (some red spots, itchy pimple-like). Well, that son of a b**ch shed train was never late. I started shedding like crazy 200+ hair per day. Before then, I never really counted hair in the shower but since that day, i've been counting and still haven't stopped. I immediately went back on minoxidil once I found out that I should never have stopped. I also added 1mg finasteride. After 3 months, my hair thinned out significantly all my friends were commenting on how thin my hair was. I'd say i lost about 40% density, no kidding. I upped my dosage to 5% minoxidil. After a year f so I gues my hair got a bit better but still thinner than before I first suffered the shed. At 26 yo, my hair was still thin but I'd say only 30% thinner than baseline and no frontal regression yet. Kept this regimen going. At 27.5 yo, all of a sudden my frontal part started thinning and I could see the M shape taking shape. I freaked out and tried dutasteride but it really made my body feel weird so I just took one pill and that's it. I'd say in a couple months my hair went to Norwood 2.5, density decreased 10% or so as well. All this time since the first minoxidil withdrawal shed, I shedded about ~80 hair in the shower and ~80 during the day every day, so ~160/day. That was the norm since I'd stopped minoxidil the first time. It was horrible. It was like I had to pray everyday for my hair not to get worse than how it was and never knew how much balder I would be at 160 hair/day. Just losing hair left and right. I switched to min 3% with retin a. Lost density after a couple months though, proabably because of lower concentration.

At 28.5 yo, I was Norwood 2.5 with 40% diffused thinning. I decided to go off min and finasteride for 1.5 months cold on purpose. I wanted to see how bad my hair could get, like the worst of the worst. I shaved my head. I went off December 2018. By Jan 2019, I could see my hair thinning significantly again probably lost additional 20% density especially frontal. So I was about Norwood 3 with 60% diffused thinning. A seriously bad position to be in. I was losing my mind honestly. Everyone around me was commenting on how I was abslutely going bald and my scalp was visible everywhere. Lowest point of my life.

I started minoxidil and finasteride again Feb 2019, now with a different solution. It's 5% butylene glycol or they call it the milky lotion. The scalp irritation I had experienced prior was completely gone. I felt like this could be a new solution to my problem. At this point I was shedding 50 hair in the shower. April 2019, there was one week where I just had a major shed 100+ hair in the shower again but it was just 1 week. My hair was the worst ever. Super thin, but I could see small baby hair growing in the areas where it was clear of hair. June 1 2019, a miracle happened. I was travelling in Europe and on that day, I had only 20 hair in the shower. I was in disbelief. I thought it might be just a one-off day. But until today, I shed no more than 30 hair in the shower. FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME IN HISTORY SINCE MY FIRST MINOXIDIL ORDEAL. I'm still thinner than at 25 yo for sure. At this point, Im probably Norwood 2.5 with 30% density gone but I feel BETTER THAN EVER.

Thinking back starting minoxidil too young was the stupidiest thing I could have done, but feeling like sh*t for the next 3 years was equally stupid. I was scrambling for new treatments visiting forums and hairlosscure2020 every day hoping there was a new cure or someone on a forum to tell me success stories restarting minoxidil. I just wanted to tell everyone who's suffering from hairloss especially those who have hairloss because they went off meds that getting on the meds again and don't think too much is the best thing you could do to yourself. If you have scalp irritation, try a mild formulation. I got my milky lotion from this hospital in Thailand called Siriraj. I think it's an absolute heaven-sent.

Hope this helps lighten your frustration with hair loss. At the end of the day, there's so much to life than this. Get on good meds and stop freaking out about your hair. You will lose much more than hair if you can't stop worrying about your hair i.e. career advancement, relationship and what not because you always live in misery and stop enjoying life altogether.

Best of luck to all.