Success, and i mean....regrowth!

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, just to share this, i mean it's impossible not to do so...and before the so called experts come to bash with pseudo scientific arguments, and ask for proofs of this and that, let me tell you i don't claim any scientific knoledge or haven't been taking any photos..i just don't care about that, anyway, there will alwys be someone who would still say i was cheating, so....

I've been using for some time (2 years maybe), a complex that has phytosterols (also some MSM), and some time ago (about a year, i don't know) i mixed some high doses of vitamin D3 and beta glucan, and i must say that i am ABSOLUTLY delighted with the results...i almost have no hair loss, and YES i've got some noticble regrowth in my scalp, and in ALL regions of it..i mean, both vertex and hair line...i NEVER had these results with years of finasteride and minoxidil, NEVER!
What i find amazing is that in the hairline, i never though to see any new regrowth, cause it's beeing for sometime the place where my hair loss is winning the battle, so i was VERY VERY surprised, in vertex not so much, cause i was confident due to past experiences.
I have not solve all my male pattern baldness problems and have not reach a FULL head of hair, but i can say that i have more hair now that i had in the past 5 years or so(an almost norwood 3 to a norwood 2), and with the added bonus of not having things like itching and inflamation that was typical..i feel healthy, and with these results..HAPPY!..very...i don't know if i'll continue to have regrowth, but if things stay this way, with 38 years old, i'll enter my 40's with a reasnoble amount of hair capital, wich is something that in my early 20's i never thought possible.

Oh, one important thing, for topicals i have been using many things in the last 2-3 years...elsom products, phyto, skin biology, and some stuff bought in Korea (procyanidins, copper peptides, etc...)...i haven't focus my success in topicals, cause altough i'm sure they're helping, the amount of time i've been using them, would not be enough....in the future i will ONLY use as topical Renokin (if i can buy it in europe), and continue to use my SLS free shampoo (piroctone olamine, tea tree, portulaca oleracea).

ALL THE BEST for you guys, regardless of the regime you use

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
using for some time (2 years maybe), a complex that has phytosterols (also some MSM)

- What is the name of the complex? what are the ingredients?

i mixed some high doses of vitamin D3 and beta glucan,

- what made you decide to add this compounds? Im interested in them as well.

Oh, one important thing, for topicals i have been using many things in the last 2-3 years...elsom products, phyto, skin biology, and some stuff bought in [quote:2b3l4fp4]Korea (procyanidins, copper peptides, etc...)

- Ant links to that Korean product?

my SLS free shampoo (piroctone olamine, tea tree, portulaca oleracea).
[/quote:2b3l4fp4]

- What brand PO shampoo is this?

Good to hear your having success with your regimen.

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
The complex is a mix, i alternate between maximum prostate phytopin phytosterols, and the prostate health clinical strength from Now foods and for the rest i use a mix...for the D3(+K2) i use the one from Now foods, for the Beta Glucan i buy it from Youngagain...the doses?!..well i probably take between 600-100mg of phytosterols, of wich at least 300mg of beta sitosterol..for vitamin D3 i take between 3000-5000Ui.
I must say that i think vitamin D3 played an important role in my regime, cause coincidence or not, the best results came after i start using it in large doses.

The topical is called Pilose from Mediway..but i had to order it directly to theire email..but like i said, altoug helped,, i don't think it's the thing that made the diference..and also i think, THINK, that Renokin has more potential..so i'll try it next.

The shampoo...i use Optimah Tea Tree dandruff, and Phyto PhytoApaisant new formula.

Very important, the brands i state, are my personal choice, am not saying they are the best, nor the places i bought it..it could exist cheapper..please take any new treatment with small steps, till you body gets used to, and STICK to it!!

Good LUck

Actarus

Reaction score
Do you have any picture before/after? It would be very useful for us. Why beta-glucan?
Ty.

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Like i said before, no pictures...it's my word, or nothing..sorry! Pictures are easy to make and take, don't proof nothing...it still puzzles me the way people take pictures for granted really, and it doesn't take any photoshop artist, is just change the order (before, after) and date of picture taken..nobody in these forums would ever know if the picture stated a progress, or if it was just a picture taken before the current status...is that easy! So, sorry...no, no pictures.

Beta-glucan, cause it's an imunostimulator/anti-inflamatory agent, without noticble side-effects, at least based in the few studies i saw, and of my personal use...at the begining, it was just because it was part of my beta sitosterol complex, but it's my opinion that it's good for general health, so it couldn't harm the hair also..just that.

Jake97

Reaction score
So basically you think Vitamind D was the solution. Not so far fetched, I'm into nutritional stuff and many studies have showed that we are deprived of Vitamin D. Tell me again how much you're taking, for how long. I've recently started with 2000 UI. I'm basically interested if you had any side effects because the studies show that it's almost impossible to overdose on vitamin D.

chain

Reaction score
Do you have any sides from the large doses of Viatamin D?

Any side from the beta - sitosterol?

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
Actarus,

I was thinking the same thing because the Inneov Anti hair loss has phytoesterols as the main supplement.

Actarus

Reaction score
tonyj said:
Actarus,

I was thinking the same thing because the Inneov Anti hair loss has phytoesterols as the main supplement.

Yep, but this guy just disapeared after making his claim. Im afraid we won't have more answers.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Time to actually learn english and translate yourself instead of failing that hard with google translator if you want to scam people, limin...

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
aquamkd said:
Hey people i started losing hair few weeks ago and i wanted to prevent my hair loss so i visited this web site http://www.thehairlossprevention.com/ha ... revention/ and i downloaded some books from there and i started my own treatment with natural recipes.The result was astonishing my hair started growing again i am very grateful to the people from http://www.thahairlossprevention.com and i recommend you all to see those books and products that really helped me with best wishes to help you...

Why?! :jackit:

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
aquamkd said:
Hey people i started losing hair few weeks ago and i wanted to prevent my hair loss so i visited this web site http://www.thehairlossprevention.com/ha ... revention/ and i downloaded some books from there and i started my own treatment with natural recipes.The result was astonishing my hair started growing again i am very grateful to the people from http://www.thahairlossprevention.com and i recommend you all to see those books and products that really helped me with best wishes to help you...

kobe.gif

Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif

Obama_GTFO.gif

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, yes i'm still here, and because i haven't said anything, doesn't mean that the story was re-written..and for sure, i'll not come each time someone suspects of my story and wants me to make prrof of it..like i said before, believe it if you want, i don't give a f***!

It's been a while and the current status is more or less the same..i haven't had any more noticble regrowth, my hair is thicker, hair loss reduced to a minimum (no season shedding, when combing pulling my hair, and washing), scalp is great, physical condition too.

In conclusion, i have more hair than 1-2 years ago, because besides the initial regrowth, i had no shedding resulting of certain cycles (mostly season), the hair loss is really minimum...i hope there's more noticble regrowth in the near future, if not, i'm more that happy with my present condition..it seems i'll be on my 40's/50's without beeing a Norwood 6 as my father, oncle and direct cousins were at the same age.

Regime:
Internal-Now foods prostate suplement (clinical strength-beta sitosterol, resveratrol, curcumin, vitamin D3, green tea, quercetin, nettles, etc) + reforced of Vitamin D3
Topical-Renokin

Reaction score
Hi toivonen

Thakns for posting. Is this the prostate supplement you're taking: http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/Produc ... 079442.htm?

My question is: what are the logical benefits for hair loss of the different ingredients?

I see it contains saw palmetto, which we know may be a 5ar inhibitor

What is the significiance of phytosterols, selenium, tomato extratc, turmeric, quercetin, etc..

beraldy

Reaction score
I don't know if the mods have a policy on this, but IMO a success story is worthless without pics.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
This post is very interesting. I have a hypothesis that hair loss that starts during puberty, which is all male pattern baldness technically, in those susceptible to male pattern baldness because of a lack of vitamin D during the early and middle stages of puberty. I really do not want to go into the details of my hypothesis, but it would make sense that if an organism were to be deprived of Vitamin D, and Vitamin D comes from our skins reaction to the sun, then exposing the skin that is most affected by sunlight would be beneficial. Were would this be... well the top of the head and the forehead would have the most direct sunlight contact at the most intense times (11am-2 pm when the sun is basically directly over your head).

I believe this "deficiency" may begin a chain reaction involving DHT, which ultimately destroys hair follicles in the upper forehead and all the back to the crown and even below the crown for those destined for Norwood 7. All for the sake of acquiring more Vitamin D from sunlight. This probably happened way back in our evolution, when we still had hair all over our bodies, perhaps only in a small family of ape-men that needed it because of their living conditions, but the genes have survived to this day.

I believe this theory is more satisfying than others, like the brain cooling theory. lol

I believe the OP, mainly because I want to believe him, and I have always wanted to take this treatment route and try it myself. Perhaps I will experiment, and copy the OP's regime. Its not like i have anything to lose, the only thing I use is PO shampoo. In not really trying to fight male pattern baldness anymore, but this seems interesting.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
there is a lot of evidence that vitamin D may play a significant role in hair growth and hair growth cycle. I found this article, basically they reviewed all past articles dealing with the subject snice 1995 though 2009, and found that the vitamin D receptor is involved in hair cycling , specifically anagen initiation.

Dermatol Online J. 2010 Feb 15;16(2):3.

Does D matter? The role of vitamin D in hair disorders and hair follicle cycling.
Amor KT, Rashid RM, Mirmirani P.

Department of Dermatology, University of Texas and MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA. rashidrashid.mdphd@yahoo.com

Abstract
BACKGROUND: The role of vitamin D in the proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes is well known within the field of dermatology.

OBJECTIVE: We sought to evaluate the role that vitamin D and the vitamin D receptor play in the hair cycle and assess how this can be clinically applied to the treatment of hair disorders.

METHODS: A MEDLINE search (1955-July 2009) was preformed to find relevant articles pertaining to vitamin D, the vitamin D receptor, and hair loss.

RESULTS: The vitamin D receptor, independent of vitamin D, plays an important role in hair cycling, specifically anagen initiation. The role of vitamin D in hair follicle cycling is not as well understood.

LIMITATIONS: The review is broad and there are limited human studies available to date.

CONCLUSION: Additional studies to evaluate the role of vitamin D in the hair cycle should be done. Treatments that up regulate the vitamin D receptor may be successful in treating hair disorders and are a potential area of further study.

Basically, increasing vitamin D consumption might be a worthwhile, and inexpensive, addition to a hair loss regime. I personally will start a supplement of at least 2000 IU a day next week, cominbed with about 500 IU from my diet (fortified milk and mushrooms). Its also very difficult to overdose on Vitamin D, but I don't think ill do more than 3000 IU a day, even though 10,000 IU is okay.