Success: Already! The Chronicles! (Now with Baseline PICS)

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Ruthlessx said:
Sorry if you've already been asked this. But are the spots on your forehead a result of finasteride or were they already there?
Started with Nizoral then increased as I began finasteride. Going away now no biggie.

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
So today I went to the dermatoligist to get a prescription to finasteride.....turns out this guy has been using propecia himself for 7 years, and hes got a full head of hair. What intigued me was that when I asked him about nizoral he said he had used it himself for his dandruff and it actually caused him to lose more hair....weird. Anyway, he told me I must have some bloodwork done to make sure my thyroid and some other things are in check b4 I start treatment.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, 7 years. I think we can all hope to maintain at least that long :hairy:

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
BlindFan said:
So today I went to the dermatoligist to get a prescription to finasteride.....turns out this guy has been using propecia himself for 7 years, and hes got a full head of hair. What intigued me was that when I asked him about nizoral he said he had used it himself for his dandruff and it actually caused him to lose more hair....weird. Anyway, he told me I must have some bloodwork done to make sure my thyroid and some other things are in check b4 I start treatment.
He was probably going through a shed and is contributing it to Nizoral. Nizoral kicksass!!!!!

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
BlindFan said:
u think? I mean what exactly is happening?
Slight increase in the amount of healthy hair falling out, usually I get one strand when I run my hand through my hair but last night I was getting 3 strands. Not 100% sure if I am shedding will report back!

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Just hit the 2 month mark and holy cow I have noticed temple growth, I use to have one single follicule about 1cm away from my hairline which I always observed, there was very tiny hair around just behind the hair - nothing promising.

NOW! It has thickened up and the exsistign hair is MUCH thicker and easily visible! :punk:

Will post pictures later on the week

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Going back to weight training and cardio tomorrow (I begin tomorrow) I've been off training and cardio for 9 - 10 months lost a lot of muscle hope to get lean again for summer. Will see how finasteride affects gains!

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
Edit: Whoops sorry, I read the entire post.

Anyway I was going to do the same thing as you and start off on a low dosage like .25 mg and graduate myself upwards, and maybe add in minoxidil later. I tried propecia earlier this year in october, but bailed after testicular ache and having a problem getting an erection. But a doctor I saw recently freaked me out about cutting the pills in front of women, seeing as how I basically live with my gf, and also that less dosage might not be as effective as more dosage.

I wish I started off earlier. I'm going to be starting off much worse off then you, but I still reserve hope. I've been searching for posts of guys taking less then 1 mg to see how that works out. Good luck!

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
hhj1247 said:
Edit: Whoops sorry, I read the entire post.

Anyway I was going to do the same thing as you and start off on a low dosage like .25 mg and graduate myself upwards, and maybe add in minoxidil later. I tried propecia earlier this year in october, but bailed after testicular ache and having a problem getting an erection. But a doctor I saw recently freaked me out about cutting the pills in front of women, seeing as how I basically live with my gf, and also that less dosage might not be as effective as more dosage.

I wish I started off earlier. I'm going to be starting off much worse off then you, but I still reserve hope. I've been searching for posts of guys taking less then 1 mg to see how that works out. Good luck!

Good to hear you are giving Propecia another go.

I am currently on .5mg ED there are charts on this website that clearly show that .5mg ED is exactly the same as taking 1mg ED however the only difference it takes slightly longer to reach the level of blocked DHT on 1mg on .5mg. However after the period its exactly the same as 1mg.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Any shedding noticeable Jake?
I think I over reacted when I said I was going through a shed the other day - seems to me same amount of hair falling out and once again hair that falls out is hair that has considerably thickened up (by looking at the tips) which is good.

So technically there is a shed but no were near the epic proportions people claim they happen at the moment, hopefully it stays this way.

Also went to the gym yesturday, excellent workout I can really feel the soreness today (as you would after not training for 9 + Months) feels good.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool Cool :punk:

I can deal with a shed like that, it's the 300+ hair I hear about, leaving me with worse hair than when I started which worries me. (Even if it does grow back eventually thicker).

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel as if the crown has slightly lost thickness at the moment, should be the propecia working...