Success: Already! The Chronicles! (Now with Baseline PICS)

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Little background:

Norwood: 2
Problem Area: Receding hairline and very very minor thinning of crown.
Dose: first 4 weeks 0.25mg until then 0.5mg Propecia.

I've been on Propecia for 7 weeks from what I can tell it has greatly reduced how much hair falls out when I run my hand through my head but the biggest indication is existing hair is thickening! just then I was playing with my hair and got a few stands of hair from various places on the scalp. The bottom of these hairs is thick compared to the very top. The bottom shaft is WAY thicker than the tip of some hairs which leads me to believe that Propecia is thickening existing hair!

Other hair however is just thick bottom up so yeah must be the propecia working, but so soon?!

I am just worried though that the hair I am talking about, the thicker hair falls out even though propecia has significantly thickened it up, yet it still falls out!

Here are my Baseline Pictures I took these pictures just then so I've been on Propecia for nearly 2 months.

crown.jpg

front-normal.jpg

side.jpg

topfront.jpg

LARGE PIC OF FRONT HAIRLINE CLICK HERE http://www.amnet.net.au/~sic/hair/191108/front.jpg
Sorry about the forehead acne been going Wild in that area with finasteride and Nizoral. tell me what you guys reckon... My hairline looks fucken sh*t!

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Success: Already!

Hi Jake,

It sounds a bit odd what you're explaining, as hair grows back thicker in cycles. (IE hairs that are shed grow back thicker, but they don't thicken up directly). However you have the exact same symptom I did when I was bout 8 weeks in, with less hair falling out. You might get a massive shed though! So don't freak out if it happens, and I'm talking massive, if you have dark hair and you shower, don't be surprised when you see 300+ hairs on the floor of your shower, it's really scary, it almost made me quit my meds, but I stuck it out, and so Fing glad I did.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hey man-

7 weeks was a shed period for me, so that's why you might be seeing thicker hair falling out.

I can tell you from experience if you are seeing success in 4 weeks just wait until a year!

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

StrangeKarma said:
Hi Jake,

It sounds a bit odd what you're explaining, as hair grows back thicker in cycles. (IE hairs that are shed grow back thicker, but they don't thicken up directly). However you have the exact same symptom I did when I was bout 8 weeks in, with less hair falling out. You might get a massive shed though! So don't freak out if it happens, and I'm talking massive, if you have dark hair and you shower, don't be surprised when you see 300+ hairs on the floor of your shower, it's really scary, it almost made me quit my meds, but I stuck it out, and so Fing glad I did.

Interesting thanks man, I say: BRING ON THE SHED! :punk:

treeshrew: Sounds good mate thanks for that

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

StrangeKarma said:
Hi Jake,

That would scare the f*** out of me! Almost makes me convinced that if I do ever start finasteride, I'll buzz my head first.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

Hammer I was in your shoes but having talked to many guys with my type of hair and hairloss on this site those with full head of hair going through a shed shouldn't really notice a big difference more importantly others wont notice

depends on the person!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey man dont worry if you start to see shedding and your hair looks worse in the next coming months, mine looked worse than it did even before i started finasteride from months 2-5, then though it got progressively better and by month 9-10 i was really happy with the results.. Your doing the right thing with finasteride, itl really help halt the loss and thicken the hair, it just takes a little while, just be sit back and relax and let it work.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

Dog3

I currently have a full head of hair, thick hair all over with mainly receded hairline and very slight thinning on the crown, If I did shed do you reckon others would notice new bald patches and sh*t?

Scary

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

Jake, your last post is my concern. My hairline is thin and receeded a bit at the temples, but the way it grows means even if I spike it up (Carelfully) and it's unnoticeable.

However, if I start finasteride and things become noticeable? even if it does improve it would leave me with sh*t hair for a bit and then people would wonder how it suddenly got better?

I think I'd rather do other things to slow it down, then when I get to the 'nothing to lose' stage, buzz my head and take finasteride, hopefully to keep stubble on my head and look like it's buzzed for style.

Or I may start finasteride, and if things do initially look work, then buzz my head.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

Strange stuff is happening the hair that is mostly falling out now is really weak hair, thiny straw like hair, small hair etc. I've noticed a REDUCTION in the amount of HEALTHY looking hairs falling out.

So far it seems the majority of the hair falling out is weak, frail hair!

Come on Propecia You can do it! Save me Save me! :punk:

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Success: Already! The Chronicles!

thats great man.....I hope you continue to get these good results. Pleasse, keep us posted, your inspiring me to hop on finasteride as well.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

BlindFan said:
thats great man.....I hope you continue to get these good results. Pleasse, keep us posted, your inspiring me to hop on finasteride as well.
Whats holding you back bro? Don't be scared about all these 'horror' stories I was like that for a few months then decided to give it ago, not a single side, touch wood (no pun intended :punk: )

I am going to take some Pictures over the weekend of my hair with natural lighting so I can have a baseline to compare with in the future. Thanks guys!

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score

I guess I'm just nervous....worried about possible sides, and even more of sheds. I'ts alot of 'what if's' .......Worst of all what if the stuff doesnt work??? I've just always been a worrier, I gota just suck it up and do it....I'm meeting with someone on sunday to get a prescription. Keep it up man, I'm gonna post some pics after the weekend as well.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

BlindFan said:
I guess I'm just nervous....worried about possible sides, and even more of sheds. I'ts alot of 'what if's' .......Worst of all what if the stuff doesnt work??? I've just always been a worrier, I gota just suck it up and do it....I'm meeting with someone on sunday to get a prescription. Keep it up man, I'm gonna post some pics after the weekend as well.
The longer you wait the more hair you lose! Start out like me, .25mg for 4 - 5 weeks monitor everything I doubt you'll get sides! After 4 - 5 weeks increase to .5mg ED and stay on that for the entire duration you are taking Propecia.

Don't forget you can always STOP using Propecia if you feel that it's causing sides! and being worried about a temporary shed compared to being PERMANENTLY bald is silly!

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score

thats exactly what I want to do....start off with .25 mg ED then ween myself onto .5mg Did you notice any changes in your hair while you were on .25?

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score

By the way Jake.....do you ever plan on getting on the full 1mg? Also, are you taking propecia or another brand? thanks bud

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

BlindFan said:
thats exactly what I want to do....start off with .25 mg ED then ween myself onto .5mg Did you notice any changes in your hair while you were on .25?

The reason I started on .25mg was in the hope of reducing 'shock' to my bodies hormone balance since I read that when dosing at .25mg ED it takes longer to block out ALL DHT so I went into this hoping that by going .25mg that it would help introduce my body to finasteride, but I have no evidence of this and its purely a little experiment I did. Result wise way too hard to say 4 weeks is too little time and I don't think I should be in a position to say anything happened in that short period of time.

BlindFan said:
By the way Jake.....do you ever plan on getting on the full 1mg? Also, are you taking propecia or another brand? thanks bud
Yes! I've read that over the years (sometimes 5+) people notice that Propecia stops working like it use to but through the increase of Dosage helps counter this. So yeah if I ever feel like Propecia ain't working as well as it use to I will up to 1mg respectfully.

Yes I am using name Brand Propecia from my local Pharmacist. Just don't think its worth risking something like my hair to a crap batch. It's cheap also 60$ every 2 months.

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score

I think if theres any regimine im guna model mine after its yours.....i think startin out on .25mg is a very good idea. Get your body adjusted, then see where to go from there.