Success!! 2 years on Finpecia

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice when did you see the most results coming in? I just started seeing some massive growth occurring now that I'm 16 months in. Although I also quit rogaine 11 months ago and just now recovering from the shed it caused.

richpne

Reaction score
So happy I found this. I've been on Propecia for nearly 7 months now and haven't seen anything too drastic. I suppose it's pretty much stopped the hair loss, and I've recently noticed a few new hairs appearing around my temple (which had been almost completely bald for a few months). Looking back at pictures just 18 months ago, I can't believe how much hair I've lost. It's depressing.

Anyway. When I first started noticing hair loss (I was 21, I'm 24 next week), I started using Regaine (minoxidil). I experienced some really good results, particularly around the front. I've just ordered some Kirkland foam, so I'm hoping to experience just 30% of what I did when I was 21. I had to stop back then due to finances.

pavanst

Reaction score
hi guys,
I am 22 and iam losing hairs on sides and central region , i am using minoxidill 5% and it didn't helped anything. i saw the posts and felt to stop minoxidill and start finopcia. does it need to shave a head to use finopcia... what is the cost of finopcia (cheaper one) . does it have any side effects after stoping minoxidill ?? please help me .. thank you

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finpecia is only for 50 bucks in india, i e Rs 50 for a strip which has 10 pills. it is made in india thn exported hence its very cheap here. do your research before taking finpecia.

skamal

Reaction score
Thats a good progress in your condition. I just started taking this medicine, hope I too could share good results with you guys

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
where's the best (most legit) place online (which delivers everywhere) where I can order generic finasteride?
I'm taking equol, but seeing this amazing result I wanna hop on finasteride wagon also.

thanks

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on Finpecia for coming up 2 years. I started in Nov 2010, after a good friend of mine (who had a great head of hair at 40) recomended I try taking finasteride. He explained the whole concept of Propecia and how it works to me. I was very sceptical, I'd pretty worn hats for the last 3 years. I think he could see it was a sensitive subject and was telling me how over the last 4 years his hair had totally come back thanks to finasteride. I must add he said he was never 'bald' he had fairly good hair, but was receeding quite badly and had the beginnings of a bald patch. Pretty much what I had. Just basically thinning hair. I'd started loosing it around 21 (i'm 27 now). Everyone keeps telling me how much healthier my hair looks and I have started going to the hair dressers and styling it again... vs wearing a cap or just shaving it all off at home. It really feels great, I don't think I'm 100% there yet, it really feels like I'm only just starting to notice a change and receiving compliments. I just hope it keeps on improving. UNfortuantely I don't have loads of before pictures as I would never allow anyone (including myself) to photograph me without a hat on. But I've found a few photos that somewhat show my progress up till the modern day. And any improvement when you're going bald is a big thing! I recently in the last few months have added MSM to my regime... whilst I don't think it cures baldness, I think it speeds up hair growth and strenghtens hair and nails. Which when new hair is coming through, definitely helps. I've holding off posting for a long time, as I've been so embarrassed about admitting loosing my hair in the first place, but I just want to encourage others to start early and as soon as you can, and it does work. When googling hairless so much bullish*t comes up, and it was only thanks to a close friend who I trusted that I did anything!

Photos...Before on the left - 2008, 2nd one in Sep/ Oct 2011

The two on the right - After 2 years on Propecia.

All the photos are unedited. (sorry I know they are not the greatest pics!)

As you can see, I still did have a reasonable amount hair it just was thinning at a rapid rate. I wish I had some more photos of the top of my head as it was really bad just before I started, and maybe for the first year of so of using Propecia. Hair density is so much better now, thicker, fuller and just generally feels/ looks better! Let me know what you guys think.
:salut:

awesome! big difference between pic 1 and 4- im 25 and seeing a second derm this week- if hes on board with writing a script like the last derm was im doing it. sick of thinning up top.

my question is have you noticed any sides at all? or has your friend mentioned any for that matter? thats the only thing holding me back so far. great stuff

Reaction score
Looks crazy like a whole new hairline glad you got it man. Can't believe you did that without minoxidil. How long would you say it took you for your hairline to get better?

baldnorman

Reaction score
For me personally, it has worked great with little to no known side effects. Noticeably more hair and thicker over entire head. Receding hairline loss completely stopped. It has worked so well on me for so long that I'm afraid to stop using it.

br1

Reaction score
For me personally, it has worked great with little to no known side effects. Noticeably more hair and thicker over entire head. Receding hairline loss completely stopped. It has worked so well on me for so long that I'm afraid to stop using it.

Well.. If you stop finasteride, you will lose it all.. I can say it firsthand.. Had used it for so long to the point I wasn't sure if I really had male pattern baldness.. I quit it and my hair looks like **** now (3 months after).. It thinned all over, and the hairline receded like crazy..

Now I don't know if my hair got super sensitive to DHT because of finasteride, or if my hair would look like this regardless...

I will probably go back to finasteride, anytime soon (I never had any noticeable sides while on it)..

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Do not stop finasteride. When I first started tackling hairloss I made the mistake of getting off finasteride thinking it wasn't working and that it made matters worse. I had a shed and I continued 3-5 months after the shed. It seems finasteride was working but I didn't give it a proper shot and instead stopped using it. This led to another shed which made me lose loads of hair on the crown. Biggest mistake that!