Success!! 2 years on Finpecia

MPBfighter

Reaction score
Hair just feels healthier and thicker, yeah definitely less greasy. And my scalp feels healthier too, used to have bad dandruff and itchiness before finasteride. Yeah the worse thing for me, was if someone brought up my hair. I would change the subject instantly. Yes my dad was pretty bald, his Dad. My i know friends who are bald are no one else in there family is! ha. I guess it's in most peoples families somewhere or another and just comes out randomly! Bloomin annoying!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate. I'd say the earliest I noticed a difference was at 18 months, but I did have very short hair for quite a while. It's definitely a gradual thing!

very inspiring story! thank you for sharing! i am 5 months in and have yet to see any noticeable results..

spatone33

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess compared to some people I wasn't too bad. But I do feel my hair was a lot worse that the photos depict.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep going I didn't see any proper results for getting on for 2 years. Maybe earliest at the 18 month point. Where a bouts is your hair at now?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
na, we don't need to see more detailed pics of your hair before - we know from experience that your hair in the first pic is thin, frail, frizzy, straw-like, lacks colour, lacks volume and just generally looks and feels like crap old man hair and in the lastest ones u have much thicker, fuller, stronger and more vibrant hair. hopefully your hair keeps getting better

spatone33

Reaction score
Thanks man! What's your regime?
I'm wondering if there's anything I could do. Nizoral? Or anything else to help it keep thickening up. My friend who recomended finasteride, solely relies on it and does not use anything else. If you saw his hair you would think he'd never had any problems and is just blessed with great hair... !

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
my regime has been 1mg oral finasteride once daily, 2% ketoconazole shampoo once daily (nizoral) on for 5min and 1 ml of topical minoxidil twice daily. I don't know if min or nizoral is doing anything. initially i got dry hair from nizoral but after a using it for a while that went away - i was recommended nizoral by someone else who said that after they added nizoral they suddenly getting more results but i haven't noticed that yet.
people's regime's usually reflect how far they are willing to go for their hair otherwise they get sick of it and drop it - adding stuff to your regime just depends if its something u wanna do or not - u never know if it will work for you, unless you try it.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Love this success, great improvement, it took a surprising amount of time, but by the looks of the photos, it was well worth it. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double post.

But it seems they (the aforementioned site) don't deliver to Ireland now after the major crackdown on imported drugs which sucks ****ing balls. And with all the online pharmacies being shut down due to a major joint operation between Ireland and the UK, I don't know what to do know, haven't exactly got a disposable €250 to see a trichologist to get a script for proscar, guess I'll try a walk in clinic in a week or two if my current shipment doesn't make it through customs.

Sorry for going off topic.

spatone33

Reaction score
Ah man that seems like a pain! Are you sure you can't order from there? I'm sure there must be one of the online pharmacies that ship to Ireland? Could you send it to a friend in the UK then get them to ship it over/?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, anyone find that when they take MSM they sweat more?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the most impressive thing is your hairline up front jumped forward a inch it seems. Damn man.

spatone33

Reaction score
I think the angle of the pics makes it look even better than it is. I wouldn't say an inch, but I'm happy to hear that :)

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks thick and healthy. Where you suffering from a thinning hairline? Like was your hair just thin? Right now me, I'm a NW2 with diffuse thinning all over. I just want to thicken that up, the temples look fine honestly. Being a NW1 is cool, but I can survive with thicker hair!

stjudemirage

Reaction score
great news for you., may i ask what exact brand of propecia? i just received mine from india, fincom is the name on the tablet itself. is it legit? tnx -im so depressed:(

- - - Updated - - -

i wanna ask the same brand. the exact website where one ordered and how much is the 3 months estimated cost. thank you.

spatone33

Reaction score
Hey ! I order mine from propeciapharmacy.com I get the Finpecia ones from there. Prices are shown on the website. Where are you at with your loss?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thinning all over, mainly at the front and back, but it started going in the middle too. My dad had a bit of a horseshoe style thing going on! So I'm sure I would have ended up like that. Not that there's anything wrong with being bald. It's just going bald at 25! isn't great! If I was 50 or 60 I wouldn't be as bothered!

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi mate, 1mg a day ordered from propeciapharmacy.com . Yeah I think it definitely got a little worse before it got better. I shaved my head not long after taking it, so it was hard to say if there was a shed or not. I just got fed up with worrying about it. I was lucky to have a friend to mentor me through and assured me that part of the process is shedding, loosing the old crappy thin hair, to make way for the new stuff! But patience is key. Only getting on to 2 years have I started seeing results. Some people it's quicker for. Like with my friend he noticed a difference after 6 months or so. Also the key is to take it religiously every day. Not like on and off and don't stop once you've started. It's a very gradual change... not overnight!

What are you taking?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try and dig out some more photos. I do feel I have a little way to go. Still a slight thinning patch. I can honestly say I feel so much more confident though within the last couple of months actually going out without a hat on!

What type of side effects did you have? impotence, penis shrinkage, watery semen, forgetfulness, depression, insomnia?

spatone33

Reaction score
No not at all. I don't know why you say it like that, like those side effects are just going to happen. I think over the course of two years everyone would experience some sort of depression/ insomnia, and forget things! That's called life!

RF102

Reaction score
Wow those are great results! You went from balding to looking like Tim Tebow haha. I started using finpecia about 3 months ago. I hope it has the same effect on me as it did you. I might even order my next batch of finasteride from the site you listed.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
No not at all. I don't know why you say it like that, like those side effects are just going to happen. I think over the course of two years everyone would experience some sort of depression/ insomnia, and forget things! That's called life!

So true.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats a great result..I am almost 9 months into the treatment (the Big Three)..still shedding and very depressing..but you've given me some hope as you said you started to see the difference after almost 2 years..so I will wait and see...

jazz1

Reaction score
Great results, I usen Dr regenepure twice day love this shampoo.