Sublingual Minoxidil - It didn't work for mev

Hakandogan

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I took 20mg sublingual liquid minoxidil daily for about 2 months. I was taking oral 5mg minoxidil liquid before. However, in the last 2 months, I did not see any benefit from liquid sublingual minoxidil and my hair started to thin and fall out. I started taking 5mg liquid minoxidil orally every day for 3 days. I see my hair and beard getting darker and thicker again. Frankly, I did not see any benefit from taking liquid minoxidil sublingually.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying you were putting the drops of topical under your tongue instead of putting them in water and drinking?

There has been some discussion here about whether bypassing the liver by taking it sublingually reduces some of the efficacy because of some protein conversion (someone else can chime in here on the specifics). I have consumed topical both sublingually and by drinking a dilution (same number of drops each time). The sublingual seems to have more "punch" - I get more bloating and edema - but I don't know if there is any difference in the resulting efficacy of hair growth. I am about 7 weeks into this regimen and I am getting some wanted hair growth on my extremities and shoulders/stomach. Many guys say the magic starts at months two or three so I plan to continue this for at least that long to see how much gains I can get. Some of the most dramatic instances of explosive body hair growth have happened at a year or more. So far it's working.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering if sublingual would be more effective than drinking it normally, I'm about 6 weeks into drinking 10mg Kirland minoxidil a day

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, don't know the verdict on this one. How many drops a day are you taking?

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I took 20mg sublingual liquid minoxidil daily for about 2 months. I was taking oral 5mg minoxidil liquid before. However, in the last 2 months, I did not see any benefit from liquid sublingual minoxidil and my hair started to thin and fall out. I started taking 5mg liquid minoxidil orally every day for 3 days. I see my hair and beard getting darker and thicker again. Frankly, I did not see any benefit from taking liquid minoxidil sublingually.
Really? And do you have any sides like face bloating?
So you started with sublingual and dropped the oral? How many time do you have it behind your tongue?
May be you can use both and see what happens

Hakandogan

Reaction score
I did not feel any swelling on my face. I just saw that my under eye bags were slightly swollen. I kept 20mg of minoxidil under the tongue for about 5 minutes just before going to sleep at night. Then I spit and fell asleep. However, I did not see any positive side. Now again I pour 5mg of minoxidil into bovine gelatin a day and drink it and I see very effective results.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did not feel any swelling on my face. I just saw that my under eye bags were slightly swollen. I kept 20mg of minoxidil under the tongue for about 5 minutes just before going to sleep at night. Then I spit and fell asleep. However, I did not see any positive side. Now again I pour 5mg of minoxidil into bovine gelatin a day and drink it and I see very effective results.
Interesting. Consuming a dilution is certainly more pleasant than the sublingual method.

Hakandogan, how many drops are you using per day? Is this with the 5% topical?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering if sublingual would be more effective than drinking it normally, I'm about 6 weeks into drinking 10mg Kirland minoxidil a day
Any results yet? Lol

I've been applying topical 5% minoxidil foam once a day for 2 months, no difference so far and I'm not sure if I'm a responder.
I think I'll give it 2 more months and then stop it

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg. When you do sublingual, lets spouse that it can pass sublingual, it bypass the gastric system and THE LIVER !!!!!!!!!!!! and it is in the liver where are more abundant sulphatase that will be convert into minoxidil sulphate . Can you please people READ studies and stop doing stupid things !!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! we are in 2021 and you are acting like in the 80s .

Hakandogan

Reaction score
Interesting. Consuming a dilution is certainly more pleasant than the sublingual method.

Hakandogan, how many drops are you using per day? Is this with the 5% topical?
Yes, topical 5%. I was taking 20 mg with a precision syringe and squeezing it under my tongue. I was waiting for about 5-7 minutes and spitting. As I mentioned, after giving up this and starting to swallow again, I observe a very nice increase in my hair density again. In short, while sublingual minoxidil does not work for me, drinking minoxidil is a life saver for me.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg. When you do sublingual, lets spouse that it can pass sublingual, it bypass the gastric system and THE LIVER !!!!!!!!!!!! and it is in the liver where are more abundant sulphatase that will be convert into minoxidil sulphate . Can you please people READ studies and stop doing stupid things !!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! we are in 2021 and you are acting like in the 80s .

k

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, topical 5%. I was taking 20 mg with a precision syringe and squeezing it under my tongue. I was waiting for about 5-7 minutes and spitting. As I mentioned, after giving up this and starting to swallow again, I observe a very nice increase in my hair density again. In short, while sublingual minoxidil does not work for me, drinking minoxidil is a life saver for me.
I'm having trouble converting volume of the 5% liquid to the equivalent of mgs of oral dosage. Some say one drop from the dropper renders between 2-3 mgs of absorbable Minoxidil. Does this sound about right? I am trying to approximate 20 mg daily through number of drops. I know it's less accurate than using a syringe.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble converting volume of the 5% liquid to the equivalent of mgs of oral dosage. Some say one drop from the dropper renders between 2-3 mgs of absorbable Minoxidil. Does this sound about right? I am trying to approximate 20 mg daily through number of drops. I know it's less accurate than using a syringe.
it spouse that 25 drops are 2ml . But it all depend on the dropper .

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is starting to lessen the last week, increase in body hair slightly - eye lashes have noticeably longer
nice i'm especially looking for eyelashes gains so it took you only 6 week btw no fcial sides ?