Study: Ketoconazole is a STIMULANT.........

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral hasn't really done nothing for my hair, apart from made it greasy and flat... If anything Nizoral may have made my hair worse...

How often should I be using it? I started using it every 2-3 days... now I am using it once or twice a week...

tricospanish

Reaction score
But nizoral cream or nizoral shampoo?

Someone knows what kind of lotion containing ketoconazole japanese used in their study?

daman555

Reaction score
Hey guys, I emailed the author. The 23 yr old guy that had the regrowth mixed his regular non-medicated shampoo w/ 2% keto cream (50:50)

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Very interesting information everyone, thanks. I was thinking about purchasing some of the 1% yesterday but I saw one of the ingredients in the last line was sodium laureth sulfate...not sure but wasn't this combination bad for your hair in the long run? Does ketoconazole overpower this?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The idea that SLS in shampoo is bad for hair is just a silly Urban Myth. Don't take it seriously.

CCS

Reaction score
Bryan said:
The idea that SLS in shampoo is bad for hair is just a silly Urban Myth. Don't take it seriously.

Very true. The people who believe that probably also think that dihydrogen monoxide is bad. (Dihydrogen monoxide is water.)

Here is a chemistry lesson for yall:

Mono sodium glutamate: It is reported as very bad. Glutamate is just glutamic acid with the hydrogen dissociated in solution. It is the most common amino acid in all proteins. Sodium is just salt, or rather the active component of table salt. Many people don't like seeing salt in their food, so manufacturers put monosodium glutamate to throw them off. Eating a lot of salt can be bad, and yes salt does make your food taste good. But MSG is not some kind of poison.

Sodium lauryl sulphate: It is just a coconut fatty acid with sulphate attached to it to make it water soluble. It is like soap, but in proper proportions. The sodium comes off the sulphate group. Harmless. People are afraid of SLS, but then they buy amonium lauryl sulphate. ALS is the same thing as SLS, except with amonia instead of sodium. The sodium and amonia are just spectator ions. They lauryl sulphate is what makes the lather. Yet the ALS shampoos say "SLS" free, which is false advertising, but perfectly ethical considering the stupidity of the SLS opponents. Yes, there are people who are allergic to everything, who rightly complain. But unless you have an allergy to something, you should not be worried.

CCS

Reaction score
daman555 said:
Hey guys, I emailed the author. The 23 yr old guy that had the regrowth mixed his regular non-medicated shampoo w/ 2% keto cream (50:50)

Well that would just make 1% then, which is cheap to buy.

2% cream is expensive. You get 15 grams for $30, when I can get 180 grams of 1% shampoo for $15. You can leave the cream on longer, but I read that keto stays at the therapudic does for 3 days.

You get a bit more kick from the cream, but then you have cream in your hair all day, you pay more, and your regimen is more complicated.

CCS

Reaction score
And I do not believe the keto cream study one bit. Those pictures are so blatantly deceptive that I would not be surprised if they lied about everything else in the study.

Look at the first pair of pictures: Brown hair vs Black.
Second pair of pictures: top of head vs rotated down so you just see the crown.

Why is it that every "researcher" resorts to all these camera angle, wet/dry, lighting, and other techniques to make the after picture look better than the before? Obviously they just want to sell their product. I would not put any weight into anything the study says.

We have 3 studies that say 1% nizoral shampoo works as well as 2%, and the therapeutic does is present after 3 days. That is good enough for me. The rest of these people can rip off someone else, but not me.

I'm sure the cream is a bit better than shampoo, but it is probably like dutasteride: 5x the dose give 20% more hair.

And look at minoxidil: 2% regrows 2/3 as much as 5%.

Yes, I could take dutasteride instead of finasteride, but there might be more side effects in the long run. I prefer lower doses that I know work, and to get better results by hitting this from many angles.

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation guys! Also quick question, I have been told not to start on rogaine or propecia because I shouldn't worry about anything, but would nizoral, would you think, be something beneficiary to use to maybe curb my minimal hair thinning? Thank you again.

tricospanish

Reaction score
Hi, guys. As I've already told, I use ketoconazole cream 2 %. In Spain it's very cheap. A tube with 30 grs., its price is 3'89 euros. I use it at night before going to bed.

In our forum in Spain many people have started to use ketoconazol in lotion because one person has shown his photographs. Do you want to see them?

CCS

Reaction score
jasinfla said:
Thank you for the explanation guys! Also quick question, I have been told not to start on rogaine or propecia because I shouldn't worry about anything, but would nizoral, would you think, be something beneficiary to use to maybe curb my minimal hair thinning? Thank you again.

Nizoral will slow it down. Who knows, it might even maintain it a long time. We just don't have the studies to know.

pacinom

Reaction score
tricospanish said:
Hi, guys. As I've already told, I use ketoconazole cream 2 %. In Spain it's very cheap. A tube with 30 grs., its price is 3'89 euros. I use it at night before going to bed.

In our forum in Spain many people have started to use ketoconazol in lotion because one person has shown his photographs. Do you want to see them?

Yes, please put the photographs on here or a link to them

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried the cream and it did nothing.

Matter of fact my shed increased!

For me anything that is wet or oily usually increases my shed. And even when I stuck with it to see if it would help for about 1 week and a half - 2 weeks I was still shedding more.

I quit.