Strumming The Final Chords Of The Post-op Blues

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
C
I just wanted to let you guys know that I've finally had a procedure done. It's healing well so far, and overall I'm satisfied. Now I am understandably starting to feel some anxiety over what the outcome is going to be like.

I'm treating post-op care religiously but knowing that transplants are unpredictable I'm preparing for the possibility that it will look unaesthetic or that I might have poor growth. I did a semi-large FUE procedure with a well-known, reputable doctor, but mentally I'm preparing for the possibility of still having to buzz or shave, or live with an unaesthetic result.

However, that being said I definitely feel a sense of relief after having done the procedure. Knowing that things will likely get better and not certainly get worse is priceless. It has already taken my mind off my hair to a certain extent.

I'll be doing a write-up when the smoke's cleared in six months or so. Until then, I'll just say thanks for all the good discussions. I'll be hopping off after today and pursuing some projects that I need time and focus for.
Congrats, Zircon. Which doctor did you go to? How many grafts did you get?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Rahal. I did north of 2500 grafts.
What Norwood level did Rahal say you were? And how many total potential donor grafts did he estimate for you? I am really happy for you Zircon. I hope it will turn out spectacular for you.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am a NW3A. I'll ask them about the potential donor.

You never know how these things turn out, Doctor. I'm a big believer in Murphy's Law and would rather be surprised on the upside than on the downside. I'm just glad I went ahead and did the procedure.
I am close to a NW2A, so I am thinking I would need at least as much as you because I have fine hair similar to Shook and Swoop. You have thick caliber hair like Wolf Pack?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats!
It will be A-OK.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
you did everything u could

relax

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so jealous - I don't have the money to have one!

I hope it makes you feel like a million bucks. It must be wonderful to have your hair back after feeling like you are losing it for all those years.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so jealous - I don't have the money to have one!

I hope it makes you feel like a million bucks. It must be wonderful to have your hair back after feeling like you are losing it for all those years.

Rahal is top knotch. But expensive as hell.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone has the money.

It all depends on what your priorities are and how far off you are.

I would have gone into debt to fix my slick bald NW5.

I can't say the same now.

7000€ to fix a crown I don't even see in the mirror? Meh.

So I understand if you don't want to pay that kind of price if you'd only go from NW3 to NW1.5.

But going from NW5 to NW2.5 (albeit thin) is worth everyone penny, and every can pay that if they go to Belgium/Turkey.
In Vietnam I only earn around £1,000 per month but the cost of living out there is so low that it feels like £2,000 per month. My expenses come to around £600-700 per month, so the only way I could save £7000 is to save for 3 years and live very carefully with my money.

The alternative is making extra money online - I've tried a few things but neither were particularly successful.

I'm not saying I cant get the money, but it would take a lot of stringent saving and at least two years of being very careful.

resu

Reaction score
Rahal is one of the few that does great hairline designs, at least his best work looks natural.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
In Vietnam I only earn around £1,000 per month but the cost of living out there is so low that it feels like £2,000 per month. My expenses come to around £600-700 per month, so the only way I could save £7000 is to save for 3 years and live very carefully with my money.

The alternative is making extra money online - I've tried a few things but neither were particularly successful.

I'm not saying I cant get the money, but it would take a lot of stringent saving and at least two years of being very careful.

du u slay in Viet?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you see the best work of some of the docs in Turkey for example, it looks dense yes but unnatural.

No

Erdogan/Keser hairlines are up with anyone in US

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
du u slay in Viet?
Not really, but I could sleep with the local women if I wanted.

I've worked there for two years and I've had two relationships with two other English speaking teachers and I've slept with three Vietnamese women. There are white guys out there who are getting laid on regular basis with very little effort.

Its a beautiful country if you ever get a chance to visit.