Stress And Hair Turning Gray Because Of It

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where this belong but couldn't find any other place but feel free to move it if it fits elsewhere.

When I was losing hair the most, like a year ago, stress was at the forefront of my life and pretty much everything was sh*t. While I worry more about hair loss now my mental health is probably better now than a year ago.

Either way, when things were the most sh*t I started dropping hairs like crazy but also got at least a dozen gray hairs during that process which I guess was the reason of a lot of stress because I haven't gotten a single strand of gray hair since then and I didn't have one before it.

What I'm wondering though is once you get gray hairs, are you prone to get more earlier? Genetically I have no clue when I will get gray hair because on one side, going gray on the sides at 40 has happened while on the other side some family members didn't even start to go gray until 80(!) but since stress gives me gray hair, I seem to be more prone to it but is there any study that tells the story of the possibility of going completely gray early because of things from the past? i.e. once it gets going there is no turning back. Also, is there anything you could do to preclude it, at least early?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
For gray hair, I've heard about copper and magesnium helping

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is though, it seems I have less gray hairs now than when I got them, I doubt they fell out because they were really strong... they are only visible with magnifying glass so it's borderline whatever for now.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is though, it seems I have less gray hairs now than when I got them, I doubt they fell out because they were really strong... they are only visible with magnifying glass so it's borderline whatever for now.
Probably a hormone/nurtrition thing that got fixed

wrenchcast

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that stress can cause hair fall/ hair loss, but I've never heard that stress can also cause gray hair

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that stress can cause hair fall/ hair loss, but I've never heard that stress can also cause gray hair

Gray hair? I don't think it's proven. White hair can be, though.

Though not from stress, I have a "mallen streak". I've often heard of people getting them later in life after experiencing a lot of trauma or stress.

I actually know a girl who underwent surgery and wound up with heterochromia (two different eye colours) afterward.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gray hair? I don't think it's proven. White hair can be, though.

Though not from stress, I have a "mallen streak". I've often heard of people getting them later in life after experiencing a lot of trauma or stress.

I actually know a girl who underwent surgery and wound up with heterochromia (two different eye colours) afterward.

Well, I guess they are white then to be honest. :p