stopping wearing a piece

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people are concerned with going from thinning hair to strangely thicker hair and being caught on wearing a hair system. However, if someone has been wearing for x years without anyone realising and then they decide they want to stop wearing, how can this be done over time so that one doesn't go from good hair to slaphead bald overnight?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess much depends on what the density is of your piece compared to your natural hair that its replacing. It would seem sensible to go in reverse so reducing the density over successive pieces could be one option.

shookwun

Reaction score
When it comes to intimacy with women, is it painfully obvious to the touch for them?

this has, and always will be the deciding factor for me on whether not I get a piece in the future.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When it comes to intimacy with women, is it painfully obvious to the touch for them?

this has, and always will be the deciding factor for me on whether not I get a piece in the future.

"skin" systems are invisible to the touch. I have worn one and you can expose the hair line plus you cant feel the base as its so thin.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

If you tie them up you will not have this problem. Also you can utilize various positions that will make it nearly impossible for women to touch/grab your hair.

madadi

Reaction score
can I ask what is the reason for you to stop? if successful for so long why stop now? its easy to go bald but it will be hard to wear it again and expect everyone to not be suspicious like before.

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi madadi, at the moment I don't wear but I am on the brink of taking the plunge. I am just trying to understand what options I have if I get a few years in and decide I am fed up with wearing. I don't want to go slowly bald, but going bald in 24 hours would get attention from everyone I know that would be worse.

Thanks,

Billy

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
billy, those that want discretion, usually increase density over successive pieces and I guess reversing this is the flip side when you stop wearing

madadi

Reaction score
My plan to start wearing one goes like this. I will get my main system because I know it will take a few adjustments till I get it right. I also plan to buy one system that will have a very light density that I can wear part time and keep the hair short for one month or so while my sides and back grow out. I will wear it on and off while out with friends and still use a hat and it will also give me a chance to play with bonding types and get used to cleaning and maintenance. I can also introduce everyone to the notion of having some hear on my head even if it doesn't look perfect. I will increase the density every month while I continue to make adjustments on my main system. I want to make sure by the time I am at the density that matches my own I should also have the color matching spot on and im pretty good at maintaining it myself. I suspect there is a few months learning curve. once my main system is where i want it, I will buy a few for back up and i shouldn't have to make any big adjustments unless I plan to change my hair style. ill keep you guys updated.

level

Reaction score
i want to lose my system! I was thinking about this for a long time how to reverse it and start balding its very expensive
anyone have more ideas on this

Noah

Reaction score
You could gradually lower the density of your piece, pull the hairline back (cutting the back off so it fits), and build successively more recession in each time you order a new piece. All of that is perfectly feasible, but I can't see the point. Surely the easiest thing if you no longer feel the need to have hair is just to buzz it off. That way there is no possibility of you being busted in an elaborate charade. You can just say you took a sudden fancy to try a shaved head. If you want, later you can let your natural hair grow back in, but keep it buzzed very short. No one would be any the wiser.

alyien

Reaction score
is wearing a piece really that bad?

I've gone from having hair to having very much nothing within a month and looks like this is the only option left..Im 28

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Alyien

In my opinion, no, wearing a piece is not that bad. There has never been a better time to try hair replacement. Most of the tangible things about it are good - instant good looking hair, reliable, low cost, no pain, reversible if you don't like it. The bad bits are mostly in your head - the stigma that people talk about. For me that pretty much disappeared within a couple of months of starting to wear, but that is definitely not true for everyone.

The best I can say is that it is worth a go if you are unhappy with your current situation. You can try it for a few hundred dollars, and if it's not for you all you have lost is those few hundred dollars. You may, like me, find it is the answer to your problem.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are many people that wear successfully and have no intention to give up on that. I certainly recommend you research and try it.

mynewwag

Reaction score
I agree with everyone on here. It actually ended up boosting my confidence and everyone and their mother made it a point to tell me that I looked years younger, which is a good thing I guess even if slightly ageist. But honestly, screw what every one else thinks. If it makes you feel great about yourself, then that's ALL that matters.