Stopping Oral Minoxidil, Ideas To Transition With Our Shed

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on a high dose for 2 years started at 2.5 now at 7... I think it’s really having a negative impact and I want to get off of it. It was very effective for about 18 months then seemed to drop off.

I had a dread shed when I started minoxidil first topcial the oral three weeks later, that ruined my hair and has never recovered.

1. stop gradually, drop to 2.5 for a few months, reduce days.

2. start topical minoxidil and reduce oral dose

3. stay on it and stay fucked

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why u think its the oral fault and not just a shed or hairloss getting f worse?

I made the same mistake quitting 3 years ago and lost almost all my hair

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't microneedle then take oral minoxidil only. If you still lose hair as they are thinning then up your AA. Do a lab work and check your DHT level. If you shed and you see regrowth even minimal keep doing whatever you do. I shedded back 6 months ago due to hormonal imbalance and this was so f*****g scary. It took forever to recover and so many times I was tempted to switch things off or give up or worth rev up drugs to extraordinary dosages. Glad I didn't.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I’ve been on a high dose for 2 years started at 2.5 now at 7... I think it’s really having a negative impact and I want to get off of it. It was very effective for about 18 months then seemed to drop off.

I had a dread shed when I started minoxidil first topcial the oral three weeks later, that ruined my hair and has never recovered.

1. stop gradually, drop to 2.5 for a few months, reduce days.

2. start topical minoxidil and reduce oral dose

3. stay on it and stay fucked
Why do you constantly look to change your treatments every few weeks? Just keep it simple. Take your oral finasteride and minoxidil and stick with it like a soldier without changing things all the time. You act like this forum is full of doctors with all the answers. Most guys who just stick to minoxidil and finasteride tend to have the most success. I myself would not take oral minoxidil due to it's unfavorable sides but taking it orally is way less of a hassle than using it topically so keep doing that since you already started. Take a break from this forum and work on your mental health. Feeling suicidal with as much as hair as you have in your 40's should be a huge red flag for anyone. That's like Chad feeling suicidal after finding out he went from a 10 to 9.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rats! I forgot this is the guy who has a head full of hair and tries different regimens more frequently than he changes his underwear. Nevermind then.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you constantly look to change your treatments every few weeks? Just keep it simple. Take your oral finasteride and minoxidil and stick with it like a soldier without changing things all the time. You act like this forum is full of doctors with all the answers. Most guys who just stick to minoxidil and finasteride tend to have the most success. I myself would not take oral minoxidil due to it's unfavorable sides but taking it orally is way less of a hassle than using it topically so keep doing that since you already started. Take a break from this forum and work on your mental health. Feeling suicidal with as much as hair as you have in your 40's should be a huge red flag for anyone. That's like Chad feeling suicidal after finding out he went from a 10 to 9.
I was trying to drop minoxidil as a doctor claimed ‘it is a powerful vasodilation drug and at that dose it could be cause your side effects’ minoxidil was the worst mistake I’ve ever made. I shed like crazy and never recovered.

I keep switching because nothing stabilizes the shedding is constant the follicles are all very thin. I’ve been going at least 3 months on each change but I’ve lost a ton at the hairline since April it’s just happing really fast despite meds.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried a glass of milk daily with a tablespoon of olive oil and 200g of raw ground beef twice a week? My shedding stopped when I did that. Or maybe it was because I used 750mcg of tb500 and bpc157:with copper peptides and PTD-DBM. Not sure.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was trying to drop minoxidil as a doctor claimed ‘it is a powerful vasodilation drug and at that dose it could be cause your side effects’ minoxidil was the worst mistake I’ve ever made. I shed like crazy and never recovered.

I keep switching because nothing stabilizes the shedding is constant the follicles are all very thin. I’ve been going at least 3 months on each change but I’ve lost a ton at the hairline since April it’s just happing really fast despite meds.
I am on oral minoxidil 2 months now. Still shedding like crazy. U still on it?

j4r0d

Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a very powerful treatment for diffuser. But do not exceed 2.5mg to avoid side effets. I am currently taking about 1.5mg ED and this is boosting regrowth with almost no sides.
If your hair cycles are already short, I believe minoxidil won’t change that, but at least your follicules are stimulated and avoid staying in the rest phase for too long. Yes that is bro science, but it is what I see looking at my hairloss under that regimen.
Don’t change your regimen for at least 6month until you decide to change anything.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a very powerful treatment for diffuser. But do not exceed 2.5mg to avoid side effets. I am currently taking about 1.5mg ED and this is boosting regrowth with almost no sides.
If your hair cycles are already short, I believe minoxidil won’t change that, but at least your follicules are stimulated and avoid staying in the rest phase for too long. Yes that is bro science, but it is what I see looking at my hairloss under that regimen.
Don’t change your regimen for at least 6month until you decide to change anything.
How long you on it and whats rest of your regime?

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, sures, as balding it is. Lol . Shed is never, never a good sign . That is a dumb myth . You not need to shed at all to see results. In fact, shedding like crazy means that you are simple loosing your hair .

I'm not even saying your wrong but have you ever been in bed with your gf and looked at her pillow.. they seem to shed a crazy amount? Maybe it's not comparable but it feels like the verdict is still out there when it comes to shedding. I'd love to see some scientific literature on it if you know of any. I've actually shed hairs since primary school (definitely pre-puberty) and before male pattern baldness kicked in.. my hair was really really thick! yet I would lose way more hairs than the average boy my age. A broscience opinion of myn is the shedding doesnt seem to matter until androgens become involved in the hair cycle and that's when miniaturization begins to occur.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even saying your wrong but have you ever been in bed with your gf and looked at her pillow.. they seem to shed a crazy amount? Maybe it's not comparable but it feels like the verdict is still out there when it comes to shedding. I'd love to see some scientific literature on it if you know of any. I've actually shed hairs since primary school (definitely pre-puberty) and before male pattern baldness kicked in.. my hair was really really thick! yet I would lose way more hairs than the average boy my age. A broscience opinion of myn is the shedding doesnt seem to matter until androgens become involved in the hair cycle and that's when miniaturization begins to occur.

The only reason I notice my girlfriends hair more is because they're so long that 5 hairs looks like a shitload. I shed an absolute dickload of miniaturised hairs and if a girl shed that many it'd look insane.

j4r0d

Reaction score
The only reason I notice my girlfriends hair more is because they're so long that 5 hairs looks like a shitload. I shed an absolute dickload of miniaturised hairs and if a girl shed that many it'd look insane.

It doesn’t mean anything by itself. If you are shedding but hair do grow back, it’s not too relevant. It becomes relevant when hairs don’t grow back and you are getting more and more diffuse. I have been tricked into this as well, as I have lot of shedding under oral minoxidil, but at the same time, my hair are more « dense », I have simply just more hair.
Thats why you need to give it more time and assess density.
Shedding can only be an indicator that the med is kicking in, but not a conclusion by itself.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
First 2 years it got better, last 6 months shedding remains but regrowth isn’t happening

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I get what you're saying.. they're also thicker too so they stand out more, but from what I see girls shed more than the 50 hairs everyones supposedly experiences. I'd be fascinated to see if a non balding person sheds to the same extent as a balding one.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get what you're saying.. they're also thicker too so they stand out more, but from what I see girls shed more than the 50 hairs everyones supposedly experiences. I'd be fascinated to see if a non balding person sheds to the same extent as a balding one.
I think it's quite reasonable to say that they do not. When balding the growth phase gets shorter and shorter. I shed absurd amounts of miniaturised hair. A non balding person would shed what I shed from the back of my head, which is pretty insignificant. A non balding person tends to only shed terminal hair.