STOPPING MASTURBATION

ali777

Reaction score
Until a generation or two ago people used to get married in their teens and die at 50. Getting married early means more regular sex at a younger age. In other words, if all the masturbation theories were true our grandparents were doomed very early in their lives.

However, we know that our generation is more likely to go bald. So, we can discount sex at an early age as one of the causes.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I just have to quote that in my sig. That's a golden quote and it cannot be wasted!

-DH[/quote]

Whatever entertains you.. :) Just remember I'm just saying its a theory , not saying it's true.

ali777 said:
Until a generation or two ago people used to get married in their teens and die at 50. Getting married early means more regular sex at a younger age. In other words, if all the masturbation theories were true our grandparents were doomed very early in their lives.

However, we know that our generation is more likely to go bald. So, we can discount sex at an early age as one of the causes.

Excessive masterbation... not normal routine masterbation , it is highly likely that even masterbated once a day would make a difference , now 2-3 a day is a different story. Can't you guys understand I mean Excessive masterbation.. You are not going to be having sex 2-3 times a day from 14 onwards.. :freak:

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
If you believe priests don't masturbate, you probably believe that they don't molest little children either.

s.a.f

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Excessive masterbation... not normal routine masterbation , it is highly likely that even masterbated once a day would make a difference , now 2-3 a day is a different story. Can't you guys understand I mean Excessive masterbation.. You are not going to be having sex 2-3 times a day from 14 onwards.. :freak:

2-3 times a day is not excessive it may be slightly higher than average but people have different sex drives.
2-3 times a day is no more unusual than 2-3 times a week. Many people in relationships who have sex regularly still masterbate aswell.

Most people dont get even half an hour of exercise a day but if someone got 1 -1.5 hours a day would you call that excessive? If someone drank 2-3 cups of coffee a day would you say that was excessive?

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
decro435 said:
2-3 times a day is not excessive it may be slightly higher than average but people have different sex drives.
2-3 times a day is no more unusual than 2-3 times a week. Many people in relationships who have sex regularly still masterbate aswell.

Excessive and normal to who? Some people don't mind being taxed 40+% while others don't want any taxes at all. People eat more red-meat now than ever, at the same time heart disease is on the rise. People see what they want to see.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
decro435 said:

Most people dont get even half an hour of exercise a day but if someone got 1 -1.5 hours a day would you call that excessive? If someone drank 2-3 cups of coffee a day would you say that was excessive?

Look never mind I'll just keep my opinions to myself anymore. Exercise is a different catagory altogether! 2-3 cups of coffee is a different category as well , but yeah that is a lot of coffee to be drinking each day , I do think thats excessive. 2-3 times a day masturbating for 4 years is excessive as well. You obviously aren't getting my point.

lucas.renoh said:
This is totally bullshit.

Lots of priests are bald and they are not supossed to masturbate. :agree:

Stupid. Would you read the post before commenting. As I said Priests go bald just like anyone else. I'm talking about teenagers!. Just close this thread , some people are just too ignorant to respect other peoples thoughts and opinions. This topic will never be resolved.

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Stupid. Would you read the post before commenting. As I said Priests go bald just like anyone else. I'm talking about teenagers!. Just close this thread , some people are just too ignorant to respect other peoples thoughts and opinions. This topic will never be resolved.
Just be intelligent. Don't believe in myths.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
when i remain chaste for several weeks (a rarity!) i have noticed my productivity goes up, my concentration improves, and my mood seems more optimistic. of course, one can battle the dragon but in my case, i cannot slay it. so i do "relapse" to my primordial instincts. when going without, i believe there is a spike in testosterone in my system, an overcompensation based on past "demand" patterns.

based on the anti androgen theories espoused on this site, shouldnt such a spike cause/contribute/accelerate hair loss?

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
imlosinit said:
when i remain chaste for several weeks (a rarity!) i have noticed my productivity goes up, my concentration improves, and my mood seems more optimistic. of course, one can battle the dragon but in my case, i cannot slay it. so i do "relapse" to my primordial instincts. when going without, i believe there is a spike in testosterone in my system, an overcompensation based on past "demand" patterns.

based on the anti androgen theories espoused on this site, shouldnt such a spike cause/contribute/accelerate hair loss?

So you are saying that constant masturbation is better than infrequent masturbation?

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
elvis123 said:
So you are saying that constant masturbation is better than infrequent masturbation?

From my experience, infrequent/no ejaculation made me a more productive person.

My question related to hair though -- the impact of ejaculation (and resulting hormonal changes) on hair?

ali777

Reaction score
decro435 said:
You are not going to be having sex 2-3 times a day from 14 onwards.. :freak:

I admit I didn't have sex twice a day at the age of 14. But when I had a girlfriend that was up for it twice a day I did have sex twice a day. I think it's very common for young people to be at it like rabbits, it's about experimenting and finding out our sexual preferences.

imlosinit said:
From my experience, infrequent/no ejaculation made me a more productive person.

It's not about the ejaculation, it's about will power. It doesn't matter if I masturbate or I don't, I still think about sex all the time. I have no will power to control my head and hormones.

If you have a strong mind, then you can supress certain feelings and concentrate on your work.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
i believe the will power comes from putting sex into its (proper) place. this is the ancient struggle. those who can control their impulses have more free time during which their mind is clear and undivided, imo.

again, im more interested in the effect of ejaculation upon hair growth.

Mao02

Reaction score
To add my thoughts:

My brother is a medicine student, and once in a conversation I mentioned it was strange that men who commit sex crimes, people who seem just like general wankers, in short people with huge sex drives, all have lots of facial hair and are generally balding. He replied that it wasnt strange at all; people with lots of facial hair and/or are balding have excessive amounts of testosterone (and as you all know DHT comes from this) and testosterone causes your sex drive.

What I take from this: people who masturbate/have sex often just have a higher concentration of testosterone and thus have an increased chance to have high DHT levels. Having an urge to wank often is just a sign that you could have the genes for balding. Whether you wank or not, if you have a massive urge you just have a higher chance to go bald.

Personally I wank when i feel like it, stress reduction is crucial in the balding process :whistle:

barcafan

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
i believe the will power comes from putting sex into its (proper) place. this is the ancient struggle. those who can control their impulses have more free time during which their mind is clear and undivided, imo.

again, im more interested in the effect of ejaculation upon hair growth.

Your mind really isnt undivided when you're simply supressing these feelings/impulses that you have. They don't just go away.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
imlosinit said:
Your mind really isnt undivided when you're simply supressing these feelings/impulses that you have.

Very true. And to quote Axl Rose, "silence isnt golden when you're holding it inside".

But I have studied and been exposed to people from the chastity movement. I've been a part of it for some time myself. What happens is the drive diminishes in time. We often keep the fire stoked by the countless images we see on a daily basis. What I'm saying you can reach a state where the drive is in equilibrium, like a candle rather than a raging fire.

I agree, though, that simply suppressing a raging fire will keep one's mind divided and cluttered.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I think it gets easier as you get older too. Either that or i've just lost my appetite for the carnal pleasures.

Reaction score
I agree with this theory. I am not sure by what mechanism of the orgasm and ejection of sperm from the body would cause an attack on the scalp follicle. I think some type of reaction occurs, shooting up from the testicals to the brain sending an overload of DHT to attach to the androgen receptor sites at the male pattern baldness prone areas of the scalp. I have no clue but maybe lymph along with blood are transporters of dht after orgasm sending the dht up from the genitals to the scalp. Common areas for the location of lymph nodes are underarms, groin, neck, chest and abdomen. All these locations are where an abundance of DHT is being formed. Also lymph is a fluid that carries cells to fight infection or disease. Doctors always say that our immune system is attacking our follicles causing them to die. And of course lymphatic vessels along with blood vessels are located at the base of the hair follicles. There are many empty unaswered questions to it all, but theres also practically no research being done on the subject because no money can be made. You might as well call me crazy ha but i do think that this theory or something similar is plausible. And I also know that shedding stops dramatically after just a week of not having an orgasm.

ali777

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
But I have studied and been exposed to people from the chastity movement.

I believe everything should be done in moderation. Biologically, we are pre-programmed to have sex and be horny animals. Living for sex is not the right approach, but it’s something that is embedded in us and fighting it is going against the human nature.

Sex in moderation (read as 2-3 times a week) is probably good enough to fullfil our hormonal needs.

Petchsky said:
I think it gets easier as you get older too. Either that or i've just lost my appetite for the carnal pleasures.

Hmm… I somehow disagree :)

I always thought it would get easier, but it hasn’t happened to me yet. If anything, going with no sex after years of regular sex is much worse than not having sex at all.

Most of my friends are in their 30s, ranging from early 30s to late 30s. Being typical men, we do talk about sex and even my friends in their late 30s are horny bastards.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score