STOPPING MASTURBATION

FaLLiNG

Reaction score
guyz, everyone on this board is talking like masturbation(DHT) is the only reason of hair falling? i've read some articles too about some other reasons that may cause it, like diet and dandruff...blah blah..

...could it be dandruff in my case? i havent seen a dermatologist(is it necessary or should i just start on propecia and rogaine) yet, but what if i stopped masturbation(yes i can), will it help?

..also, how often do you masturbate? honestly?

look at this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50862

amsch

Reaction score
Forget about the masturbation/hairloss thingy.

your hairloss certainly WILL NOT stop if you stop masturbating/having sex.

if you feel like you're losing hair seriously, get on propecia!

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
100$ to who can tell just what the f*** dudes talking about

Sean68

Reaction score
personally i dont think overdoing it helps your hair if youre suffering hairloss. .ive no proof its just a feeling i have.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Sean68 said:
personally i dont think overdoing it helps your hair if youre suffering hairloss. .ive no proof its just a feeling i have.

Just as a precaution, I kind of put a condition on myself to only be sexual with a woman and not myself. That has to affect androgens somehow. It also helps me be more productive in my music writing and exercise. Because after you wank, your dopamine levels fall flat.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've said this before but i think it's extremely healthy to masturbate regularly while on propecia. it keeps the equipment exercised and working.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
i've said this before but i think it's extremely healthy to masturbate regularly while on propecia. it keeps the equipment exercised and working.

To each their own. People need to explore different options to add to the mix of ideas.

Sean68

Reaction score
treeshrew said:

absolutely but i call regularly say once a day. not once an hour.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know the number of times a week people have sex or masturbate.

For me its about 3-4 times.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
I would be interested to know the number of times a week people have sex or masturbate.

For me its about 3-4 times.

3 times in the last month. None since I started Fincar (by choice), and I don't have a significant other. I'm sure when I do get a girlfriend again, she'll be dead in a couple of days. :agree:

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know , I think excessive masturbation throughout the teenage years could cause some hormonal imbalance , maybe a spike in Testosterone or other hormones. Therefore resulting in more DHT being produced earlier (not saying this is true). The guys who are prone to male pattern baldness but wouldn't have got effected by it until they were in their late 20's/30's start a lot earlier. There is no proof of this because there has been no experiments done. When I say excessive masturbation , I mean 2-3 times a day from the age of 14 upwards.. Yes , I was that horny and believe this caused some sort of hormonal imbalance or deficiency of some sort which in turn caused me to begin my hair loss cycle years earlier. Of course the zinc released during ejaculation would never have any time to replenish and other hormones would go crazy ... adrenal fatigue etc..

I'm talking about excessive masturbation here , not masturbation. I'm saying what effects it could have in the teenage years.. Excessive masturbation is no different to sex if sex is done excessively too..(2-3 times a day for 5-6 years) but who is that lucky..

As for the monks , they are old and therefore follow normal male pattern baldness protocol. When I say excessive masturbation could contribute to guys balding earlier , I mean young guys who excessively masturbated from the age of 14 upwards could have caused their bodies to produce more/less of certain things to speed up their male pattern baldness.

Now don't flame me for this but when I look back on photo's of the 50's etc men seemed to keep their hair a lot longer.. It seemed men wouldn't start losing their hair until their late 30's , the odd teenager would become a NW2. In my school now there are tons of balding teenagers.. Maybe brought on by the change in easy access to x-rated material? I had access to the internet whenever I wanted from 13 onwards privately.. I'm losing my hair since I was 17 , was this because of excessive masturbation? Who knows?

Not saying any of this is true , just theoretical..

FaLLiNG

Reaction score
decro435 said:
I don't know , I think excessive masturbation throughout the teenage years could cause some hormonal imbalance , maybe a spike in Testosterone or other hormones. Therefore resulting in more DHT being produced earlier (not saying this is true). The guys who are prone to male pattern baldness but wouldn't have got effected by it until they were in their late 20's/30's start a lot earlier. There is no proof of this because there has been no experiments done. When I say excessive masturbation , I mean 2-3 times a day from the age of 14 upwards.. Yes , I was that horny and believe this caused some sort of hormonal imbalance or deficiency of some sort which in turn caused me to begin my hair loss cycle years earlier. Of course the zinc released during ejaculation would never have any time to replenish and other hormones would go crazy ... adrenal fatigue etc..

I'm talking about excessive masturbation here , not masturbation. I'm saying what effects it could have in the teenage years.. Excessive masturbation is no different to sex if sex is done excessively too..(2-3 times a day for 5-6 years) but who is that lucky..

As for the monks , they are old and therefore follow normal male pattern baldness protocol. When I say excessive masturbation could contribute to guys balding earlier , I mean young guys who excessively masturbated from the age of 14 upwards could have caused their bodies to produce more/less of certain things to speed up their male pattern baldness.

Now don't flame me for this but when I look back on photo's of the 50's etc men seemed to keep their hair a lot longer.. It seemed men wouldn't start losing their hair until their late 30's , the odd teenager would become a NW2. In my school now there are tons of balding teenagers.. Maybe brought on by the change in easy access to x-rated material? I had access to the internet whenever I wanted from 13 onwards privately.. I'm losing my hair since I was 17 , was this because of excessive masturbation? Who knows?

I totally agree with you mate. :bravo:

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think people in the 50's 60's or whenever were doing it just as much as they are now. It was around before there was easy acccess to p**rn you know.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this is so contentious because it's a semi-politically charged subject. It's just another thing to ponder in the battle of hair-loss.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:

There's no proof of this. I'm sure teens masterbated just as much in the 80's on back. B4 the interent, we used to turn on the p**rn channel and masterbate to the swiggly static station. Also, there was the weird hippie p**rn on Real Sex on HBO and there's always Soap Operas and sex scenes in movies. They also had playboy. 14 year olds had p**rn back then, they just had to be creative about it. You just didn't know about it because you weren't a teen back then. I think, if there is a pattern of increased hairloss in kids, it has to do with hormones and additives that was in our food that wasn't in food in the past.

I think masterbating is healthy while on finasteride.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not dis-agreeing with anyone , I'm just stating my opinion , everyones opinion are equal until official scientific experiments are carried out , until then there is no point in taking any side because it wont be conclusive.

I just want to say though , when I say masterbation I mean "Excessive". This won't apply to everyone so I can see why there are conflicting sides. I think this masterbation theory applys more to younger teens and does not apply to the middle-aged male pattern baldness suffers. Since there are a lot more over-21's here there will be more people who disagree because their hairloss follows normal male pattern baldness protocol and isn't effected by their normal masterbation routines.

Think about it though , what goe's on in a teen's body when he is typically going through hormonal changes at roughly around 14. Now add to that masterbation 3 times daily for a 4 years. Hormones from masterbation could overload the system or cause the other hormones to go out of whack. Think about the thousands of things that occur in your body during orgasm and the numerous hormones released.

Don't diss peoples theories just because they don't apply to you , unless you excessively masterbated from 14 onwards and suffered premature hairloss , forget about it. Normal masterbation most likely doe's not have any role in hairloss.

"If masterbation caused hairloss then every man on the planet would be bald" - Stupid , said everytime a masterbation is brought up. IT'S EXCESSIVE MASTERBATION , NOT NORMAL ROUTINE MASTERBATION...

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:

I'm sorry, I just have to quote that in my sig. That's a golden quote and it cannot be wasted!

-DH