Stock Levels...and Custom Orders... Check With Your Vendor!

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
[Q
I bought an Ebay stock piece during January simply because I wanted to learn how to wear hairpieces on my own. It was my test piece, so I was comfortable making mistakes with it since it was relatively cheap. Now, I want to buy a real system before school starts in Spring, yet everywhere I look all my colors are sold out and the prices have been bumped an extra $100. At this point, all I can do is wait and hope for the restocking to take place, hopefully sometime near December. I want to be wearing a piece for 2021 at least.
its a nightmare!!!!! thankfully i have a back up BUT i have major anxiety about it being a bad system when i come to use it and then i have NO other back up!!! i need to have atleast 3-5 systems that i KNOW are good quality but all the places i normally get from do not have my colour 22R .. and i do not want to spend a fortune getting one.. sady i can not afford it right now! i need to be paying around $200-300 max ... i found some on Ali express but again you just dont bloody know if they will be good quality , after i got this horrid one on ebay i am wary of ordering from places i do not know now. i got the aliexpress seller to send me video and pictures, but again unless you can feel the hair yourself , you just dont know, it looked ok!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update...

We are starting to use a new factory that is able to produce custom units for us in about 8 weeks (not China).

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks,

Steve

Well, 2020 is really becoming the ultimate joke... flooding in SE Asia is now affecting the ability to get raw materials and produce products.

When will this nightmare ever end???

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I am sorry... the day seems to be just getting better and better.

There is no, apparently, a shortage of hair system lace, both French and Swiss.

I would seriously suggest that those than can get back up lace systems from their suppliers, do so at any cost.

And if you were ever thinking about switching to poly (UTS, STS) now might be the time.

The only other option is buying a hybrid (lace/poly, lace/skin, or even a mono/hybrid).

Steve

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, I am sorry... the day seems to be just getting better and better.

There is no, apparently, a shortage of hair system lace, both French and Swiss.

I would seriously suggest that those than can get back up lace systems from their suppliers, do so at any cost.

And if you were ever thinking about switching to poly (UTS, STS) now might be the time.

The only other option is buying a hybrid (lace/poly, lace/skin, or even a mono/hybrid).

Steve
yes steve, i have found that finding a full lace base system is now getting harder and harder to find!!!! its gettting worse not better in my option!!! :( i currently have 5 systems stocked up and will buy a few more for sure!!!!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
What is the lace made of, what's the raw material? Why is there shortage? How does the flood affect it?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a little worrying and frustrating, but we have to do what we can. I spoke to my supplier on the phone last week and they advised me that my stock system I have had on order for a while will be ready by the end of this month, and that I will be able to get a new one every 4 months after that as I originally planned.

I am currently using a Swiss lace stock system in medium density, 6 inches in length, and I have been using it nearly 4 months now and it is still in excellent condition - almost as good as new as I have used spray in conditioner UV protector and Back2Natural colour depositing conditioner to maintain the colour and softness. As a bit of an experiment I am going to see how long I can get out of this system. I reckon I could get a year out of it if absolutely necessary. Comparing how it looks now vs how it looked in photos when first attached, it doesn't seem to have any noticeable shedding, and any minor colour fading is easily fixed with Back2Natural. The hair and lace is in excellent condition, so I think it's potentially still got a lot of usage time left. I think as I have longer hair and slightly thicker density than most guys here, it gives me an advantage in terms of the system lasting longer.

Another possibility is that I could use hair fibres or powder concealers on my system is it does need a bit of filling in a few months. I used hair concealers for many years before I started wearing systems, so that would be no problem for me.

However of course I hope my supplier is able to follow through with my custom orders, and I will be looking to get 1 or 2 backup stock systems too if I can. I am quite interested actually to see how long I really can get out of my stock Swiss lace system. I think the shelf life can be a lot longer than hair system companies advertise, IF we look after them. Of course the companies will say 3 - 4 months is the max life as they want you to reorder and get more money out of you. But based on my experience so far, I'd say 6 months to a year is very possible.
(According to Lord Hair and New Times Hair, Swiss lace systems only last 4 - 8 weeks. That is total nonsense! 4 months in, mine is still going strong. Don't believe everything you read, but instead experiment and reach your own conclusions based on your own experiences).

Last edited:

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a little worrying and frustrating, but we have to do what we can. I spoke to my supplier on the phone last week and they advised me that my stock system I have had on order for a while will be ready by the end of this month, and that I will be able to get a new one every 4 months after that as I originally planned.

I am currently using a Swiss lace stock system in medium density, 6 inches in length, and I have been using it nearly 4 months now and it is still in excellent condition - almost as good as new as I have used spray in conditioner UV protector and Back2Natural colour depositing conditioner to maintain the colour and softness. As a bit of an experiment I am going to see how long I can get out of this system. I reckon I could get a year out of it if absolutely necessary. Comparing how it looks now vs how it looked in photos when first attached, it doesn't seem to have any noticeable shedding, and any minor colour fading is easily fixed with Back2Natural. The hair and lace is in excellent condition, so I think it's potentially still got a lot of usage time left. I think as I have longer hair and slightly thicker density than most guys here, it gives me an advantage in terms of the system lasting longer.

Another possibility is that I could use hair fibres or powder concealers on my system is it does need a bit of filling in a few months. I used hair concealers for many years before I started wearing systems, so that would be no problem for me.

However of course I hope my supplier is able to follow through with my custom orders, and I will be looking to get 1 or 2 backup stock systems too if I can. I am quite interested actually to see how long I really can get out of my stock Swiss lace system. I think the shelf life can be a lot longer than hair system companies advertise, IF we look after them. Of course the companies will say 3 - 4 months is the max life as they want you to reorder and get more money out of you. But based on my experience so far, I'd say 6 months to a year is very possible.
(According to Lord Hair and New Times Hair, Swiss lace systems only last 4 - 8 weeks. That is total nonsense! 4 months in, mine is still going strong. Don't believe everything you read, but instead experiment and reach your own conclusions based on your own experiences).
WOW!!! how the hell are you able to manage getting such a longevity from your system!!! i wear swiss lace from Hair bro and mine last MAXIMUM 3 months... after about 2.5months hair shedding becomes a massive issue , and i generally change then every 3 mths... i have managed to get up to 4 or 5 with a PU / lace combo , but i must prefer full swiss lace. There is no way in hell i could imagine getting more then 4 mths from a system ... and i am a seasoned wearer of 6 yrs and am VERY gentle with them.. silk pillow , good quality conditioner etc ... i want to know whereyou get these systems from please !

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WOW!!! how the hell are you able to manage getting such a longevity from your system!!! i wear swiss lace from Hair bro and mine last MAXIMUM 3 months... after about 2.5months hair shedding becomes a massive issue , and i generally change then every 3 mths... i have managed to get up to 4 or 5 with a PU / lace combo , but i must prefer full swiss lace. There is no way in hell i could imagine getting more then 4 mths from a system ... and i am a seasoned wearer of 6 yrs and am VERY gentle with them.. silk pillow , good quality conditioner etc ... i want to know whereyou get these systems from please !

It's a medium/medium light density Swiss lace stock system from Hair Hub in the UK, and cost just under £200. Their systems are very good quality for a very reasonable price. However, they have had to change their production source due to the pandemic, so I don't know how good the quality will be in the future (hopefully just as good...).

I am not sure what to tell you as to how I've been able to get such longevity, as I've simply looked after my system in the ways I've described. I reattach once every 2 weeks (on average) and also only wash/rinse it once every 2 weeks, with a very gentle shampoo or sometimes just with the Back2Natural conditioner (which restores the colour and makes it nice and soft and shiny too). I don't even bother with silk pillows etc, though I do tie my hair back in a pony tail when I go to bed.

I use Supertape on the perimeter (sides) and contoured tape on part of the front, with a little bit of Walker Tape Safe Grip extended wear adhesive for in the middle part of the front. When taking the system off, I am very gentle and I don't spray alcohol on the hair or through the system - instead I put some onto a cotton pad and gently dab the edges of the system, slowly pulling it back, until it is all released.

I don't use any styling products like hairspray or gels (except for only VERY occasionally, like if it's an extremely windy day) - I find these sort of 'clump' in the hair system, even styling products designed for hair systems, and brushing them out can be quite tough on the system. Instead I just spray and brush through some leave in conditioner (which is ProTouch leave in conditioner from Hair Direct) several times a day, which seems to work fine.

I am not sure why you haven't been able to get more than 3 - 4 months out of your systems, but it could be the quality of Hair Bro systems, or something else, perhaps. But that's still a reasonable lifespan for Swiss lace actually. I have quite long bio hair on the back and sides, and the 6 inch system sits on top, giving me the look of having long hair. This, coupled with the medium density might help too, because shedding isn't going to make as much difference in hair like mine as it would for someone with shorter and lower density hair. Well, that's a possible theory of mine anyway (and as I said, my current system hasn't shedded much at all).

All I can say is that what I'm doing seems to be working well for me, and based on how things are going I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to get 6 months to a year out of my current system (if I'm forced into a situation where I have to use it for that long).

My plan with my supplier was to have a 10 inch custom system delivered to me every 4 months, but if I can get 6 months or more out of them then even better! It may be different with 10 inch hair, though, so we'll see how long that lasts once I eventually get my first custom. But 6 inches on a Swiss lace base is lasting me ages so far.

It's going to be interesting to find out how far I can push the limits anyway! I'll surely keep you guys posted on how things go as we are here to help each other, especially at this challenging time.

Last edited:

allanzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone want 0.05mm thin skin #1 jet black(light medium density)? we have a few stocks now, just PM me;)

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My current lace piece is in its 12th month and bar 2-months off in lock down, its had no noticeable shedding.

Surprised to hear of pieces lasting 3/4 months. Lace is not fraying. Best piece yet.

I've ordered 3 more plus 1 in reserve here. Hopefully, I will be independent until the mid 2020s.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
My current lace piece is in its 12th month and bar 2-months off in lock down, its had no noticeable shedding.

Surprised to hear of pieces lasting 3/4 months. Lace is not fraying. Best piece yet.

I've ordered 3 more plus 1 in reserve here. Hopefully, I will be independent until the mid 2020s.
WOW!!! that is incredible!!! can you share where you get your systems from .. pm me if you like.. :)

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm most likely going to be purchasing a system sometime in the Summer of 2021. The market is way to volatile right now for me to even considering starting to wear hair systems regularly. I think it's just best for me to wait it out for another 6-8 months before I can feel comfortable wearing a system again. I still have some shelf-life on my SMP treatment, which is beginning to dim slightly. There's nothing I can do about it now except wait for the market to slowly return to normal.

In the meantime, I'll be continually doing research and figuring out how to best utilize my hair system when the time comes.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a medium/medium light density Swiss lace stock system from Hair Hub in the UK, and cost just under £200. Their systems are very good quality for a very reasonable price. However, they have had to change their production source due to the pandemic, so I don't know how good the quality will be in the future (hopefully just as good...).

I am not sure what to tell you as to how I've been able to get such longevity, as I've simply looked after my system in the ways I've described. I reattach once every 2 weeks (on average) and also only wash/rinse it once every 2 weeks, with a very gentle shampoo or sometimes just with the Back2Natural conditioner (which restores the colour and makes it nice and soft and shiny too). I don't even bother with silk pillows etc, though I do tie my hair back in a pony tail when I go to bed.

I use Supertape on the perimeter (sides) and contoured tape on part of the front, with a little bit of Walker Tape Safe Grip extended wear adhesive for in the middle part of the front. When taking the system off, I am very gentle and I don't spray alcohol on the hair or through the system - instead I put some onto a cotton pad and gently dab the edges of the system, slowly pulling it back, until it is all released.

I don't use any styling products like hairspray or gels (except for only VERY occasionally, like if it's an extremely windy day) - I find these sort of 'clump' in the hair system, even styling products designed for hair systems, and brushing them out can be quite tough on the system. Instead I just spray and brush through some leave in conditioner (which is ProTouch leave in conditioner from Hair Direct) several times a day, which seems to work fine.

I am not sure why you haven't been able to get more than 3 - 4 months out of your systems, but it could be the quality of Hair Bro systems, or something else, perhaps. But that's still a reasonable lifespan for Swiss lace actually. I have quite long bio hair on the back and sides, and the 6 inch system sits on top, giving me the look of having long hair. This, coupled with the medium density might help too, because shedding isn't going to make as much difference in hair like mine as it would for someone with shorter and lower density hair. Well, that's a possible theory of mine anyway (and as I said, my current system hasn't shedded much at all).

All I can say is that what I'm doing seems to be working well for me, and based on how things are going I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to get 6 months to a year out of my current system (if I'm forced into a situation where I have to use it for that long).

My plan with my supplier was to have a 10 inch custom system delivered to me every 4 months, but if I can get 6 months or more out of them then even better! It may be different with 10 inch hair, though, so we'll see how long that lasts once I eventually get my first custom. But 6 inches on a Swiss lace base is lasting me ages so far.

It's going to be interesting to find out how far I can push the limits anyway! I'll surely keep you guys posted on how things go as we are here to help each other, especially at this challenging time.
Interesting read.

I’ve recently managed to push systems to the 9 month mark from 6 months and pretty much do exactly what you do.

In case it’s useful to any readers even though I’m seconding what you’ve said, here are the things I think really add to the longevity of a system:

1. get a medium/short length cut initially. A bad tangle can cut months off the life of a system or even ruin it there and then. The shorter the cut, the less likely you are to have tangles. I go for 4-5 inches of hair length.

2. Gently brush morning and night. This is huge - if I forget any morning or night I really notice the difference. This is the best way to continuously refresh the system and also avoid tangles from forming.

3. use tape on the hairline. This is controversial and I know some people will dislike this suggestion but it’s been a game changer. When I used adhesive on the hairline I was having to reapply every few days. The constant reapplication caused mess to build up and the hairline to shed. With tape I only have to reapply once a week (at most) and never lose any hairs at the hairline now. This only really works for styles where you wear the hairline forward (as opposed to slicked back).

4. Never use any products on the hair except for leave in conditioner or leave in UV conditioner. Again, this helps to avoid tangles.

5. Wash the hair once a week at most, avoid shampoo until absolutely necessary. I only use a wet conditioner and shampoo once when I rebond (once every two weeks).

6. Find the sweet spot for refitting. This, in my opinion, is when the tape and adhesive have broken down enough to be easily removed but not when they’re too broken down and will cause a lot of mess. This is usually between the 10-14 day mark for me.

7. wear a hat when you’re outside during the day. I do this habitually because I think every little helps. My go to is a fairly loose fitting baseball cap to protect the system from UV light when I’m out.

If anyone has anything to add or dispute I’d be interested to read.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the lace made of, what's the raw material? Why is there shortage? How does the flood affect it?

Polyester.

No idea.

Flood = no factory + no workers = no hair systems

Two separate issues...

Lace shortage in China, as well.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
How's the pandemic now? Are more and more people still getting infected and restrictions still as strong as before?

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's the pandemic now? Are more and more people still getting infected and restrictions still as strong as before?

I know companies that are slowly restocking their supply. There are expected stock pieces coming in sometime in the early 2021 months based on what I've seen. These companies are adapting, but the supply is still very low and labor is hard to comeby, according to my understanding.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's the pandemic now? Are more an

I know companies that are slowly restocking their supply. There are expected stock pieces coming in sometime in the early 2021 months based on what I've seen. These companies are adapting, but the supply is still very low and labor is hard to comeby, according to my understanding.
The biggest problem are the workers. They are training new Chinese workers who are not as proficient as the North Korean ones. They are also under HUGE pressure to produce. So what IS coming out... is simple stuff... and not all of it the best quality.

If North Korea does NOT come back online, it's going to be a VERY long time before things are back to any sort of normal in this business.