Still Shedding After 11 Months Propecia

Vindiesel11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys.

21 years old healthy male, diffuse, crown thinner. taking 1.25mg finasteride every day + regenepure shampoo
started balding when i was 17 (i think) always had thin hair.
father is aged 63 and has a full head of hair for his age.

Im on propecia for 11 months now, the first 5 months i had a moderate shedding.
in that period i didnt lose a lot of denisty and it wasnt noticible for others the 6th month my shedding stopped for a month.
than at month 7 i think the real shedding started. still it didnt go fast but now i could see the front and sides of my hairline where getting thinner and thinner every month. i started with propecia because i had a little bald spot on my crown. the front was fine no temple recession the hairs where thin and probably affect by dht already. now im at 11 months propecia still shedding a bit and i have lost all density in the front. it hasnt receed just got very thin and the hairs are smaller. the hairs i shed are mostly small thin hairs. my bald spot at the crown has maybe got a little worse.
when i went to the dermatologist before i started propecia he said that my hairloss was slow and this would be logical if i look at the man in my family.

so.. my questions are.

1. has someone had the same experience and got his shedded hair back after a couple more months ?

2. am i shedding this long and losing this much because a lot of my hairs are affected by dht ?

3. is it normal to shed slowly for this long ?

4. how was your shedding ? how much did you lose ? did you recover ?

5. because im a diffuse thinner is it normal to lose a lot of density ?

I really hope ill get some replies of people who are going through the same thing or have been.
also if u red anything about this phenomenom im happy to hear from you.
im extremely stressed out because im way below baseline after 11 months so anything that may give a little assurance will help me out a lot. if my hair gets better or there will be developments i will post immediately.

sorry for my bad english PLEASE REPLY

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride made my hair worse too. Have you got before and after pics? Few people will be willing to help you without them.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post before and after pictures? If you are WAY BELOW baseline after 11 months, then Finasteride is not working for you. You should add Duasteride twice a week to your Finasteride 5x a week. If you have not used Minoxidil+Nizoral you can add this as well.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If finasteride made your hair worse. Why are u still on it
I stopped for 2 months and my loss sped up even faster so I jumped back on it.