Still losing more hair on front right, normal?

bupolo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been taking propecia for about 2 months now, and I'm still losing more hair on the right front hair line (and around that area). Is this normal?

I understand propecia sometimes takes upwards of 6 months to start working, but I just wanted to make sure my particular hairloss wasn't the result of some other underlying health problem! :freaked:

s.a.f

Reaction score
It was my understanding that finasteride/dutasteride does'nt do much for the hairline.

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd wait longer than 2 months to judge it's effectiveness. Hairlines are wacky things. I have lost a little more on my right side than my left, buy since I've been on finasteride (16 months now), I have seen no extra loss, but no extra gains (the overall quality of my hair is alot better though!). Give it time, and if it really bothers your get on the minoxidil to get a little regrowth.

Peace...

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same thing....except it's on the left...it's becoming more noticeable....I used to be able to hide it.

alexandros

Reaction score
Yeah I think that happens with a lot of people. Even with some of those with full heads of hair, they seem to have one natural side where it's thinner...

I have always (since 14) styled my hair towards one particular direction because it seemed thinner on one side relative to the other. So while yeah it sucks that one is more than the other, I don't think it's something to cause alarm bells to ring. Hopefully both sides will experience regrowth to some degree!

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
It was my understanding that finasteride/dutasteride does'nt do much for the hairline.

really? i always thought people on this board stood by finasteride for the maintaining the hairline.. just that it's a little more difficult (which i assumed to mean it took more patience).

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
justin said:
s.a.f said:

really? i always thought people on this board stood by finasteride for the maintaining the hairline.. just that it's a little more difficult (which i assumed to mean it took more patience).

It's not designed for the hairline, but some people have success with it. Some have a lot less success.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
Doug Douglas said:
justin said:
[quote="s.a.f":2ik8at6v]It was my understanding that finasteride/dutasteride does'nt do much for the hairline.

It's not designed for the hairline, but some people have success with it. Some have a lot less success.[/quote:2ik8at6v]

i'm having ups and downs. right now i'm it seems likes i'm hitting a semi-low point again. but my understanding was that it was minoxidil that was thought to be for the crown area and finasteride was kind of thought as all purpose.