Still loosing hair on finasteride + dutasteride

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you using Finasteride in conjunction with Dutasteride every single day? Do you seriously believe that these two combined would inhibit 164% of your DHT?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, why not try oral minoxidil first before going down the HRT route? It's probably the most powerful thing we have aside from estrogen.

jazz1

Reaction score
What brand medication are you using? Also did you try Finasteride alone? You also tried adding ketaconazole like Regenepure DR alongside minoxidil. Your main priority would be to stop hairloss with either Finasteride or Dutasteride, but I suggest using legit brand and trying one first, being Finasteride.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking my medications from pharmacy so they are 100% not fake. I was trying finasteride alone 1mg for 3 years but I was still loosing a lot of hairs so I decided to add dutasteride since 2 years but i still shed a lot of hairs and my hair loss progress..
Your regime looks very strong. I suggest to consult a doctor before starting it. To know exactly what type of side effect you can get and to monitor your progress.
Good lucky

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its Androgenetic Alopecia with diffused thinning over all scalp, my hairs are very very fine since few months i see a lot of miniaturized hairs.. tomorrow i start 12.5mg cpa e2d + 1.5 mg estrogel + 5% Minoxidil topical + Dutasteride 0.5mg. I will stop finasteride..

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its Androgenetic Alopecia with diffused thinning over all scalp, my hairs are very very fine since few months i see a lot of miniaturized hairs.. tomorrow i start 12.5mg cpa e2d + 1.5 mg estrogel + 5% Minoxidil topical + Dutasteride 0.5mg. I will stop finasteride..
I have similar situation as you. I'm taking dutasteride and oral minoxidil 5mg for 1 year and they helped at first but now my hair is thinner than ever all over my scalp. I'm gonna Buy RU next month and pray it to work.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

If you are sure that the cause of your hair loss is androgenic alopecia, then HRT is the nuclear treatment. You will be getting rid of the underlying cause with it. So your new regimen looks good. If you can cope with feminization, gyno etc then I say go for it.

The only thing I'd consider changing is the Estradiol dose, you need a stable level of sex hormones to keep your bones, organs etc. healthy in the long run while using CPA, and 1.5mg E2 gel is a bit too little if you ask me. You'll be ok for the first 3-6 months, but after that I would advise going with a higher dose of E2, for example 2-4mg.

Take care, and if you got questions for me, don't hesitate to ask :)

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @dar3k , are you also Polish? I noticed you have Gdańsk as your city. If so cześć! My Polish town is not too far away from there ;)

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using Oral anti androgens in males is really stupid and dangerous for male. If you think that getting hair loss is bad, wait till you get ED and permanent bicht tits .
If dutasteride ( inhibiting almost 100 % of you DHT ) don't work, most probably is not Androgenetic Alopecia.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dutasteride ( inhibiting almost 100 % of you DHT ) don't work, most probably is not Androgenetic Alopecia.
Lie. Dutasteride suppresses 55% of DHT in the scalp and increases T. With aggressive baldness, it is powerless

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lie. Dutasteride suppresses 55% of DHT in the scalp and increases T. With aggressive baldness, it is powerless
The increasion on T is only a 20 % , it will increase more the Estrogen than your testosterone.
Normal, even up T levels ( up normal, I am not talking about using 2 grams of testosterone per week ) will not cause Androgenetic Alopecia .

Plus, if that is what all is important, everybody should start balding between their 14 and their 18th, where they have their higher T levels of his entire life .

Last edited:

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The increasion on T is only a 20 % , it will increase more the Estrogen than your testosterone.
Normal, even up T levels ( up normal, I am not talking about using 2 grams of testosterone per week ) will not cause Androgenetic Alopecia .
We have no research on this. Even so, my point is that 5AP blockers do not stop aggressive baldness. I took finasteride, Duta and Bicalutamide

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have no research on this. Even so, my point is that 5AP blockers do not stop aggressive baldness. I took finasteride, Duta and Bicalutamide
if that is what all is important, everybody should start balding between their 14 and their 18th, where they have their higher T levels of his entire life.
Bicalutamide is brainless. If all that matter to you is your hair, simple get a surgical castration, it will keep your hair forever.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im 29 years old. Im taking 1mg Finasteride since 5 years and 0.5mg Dutasteride since 2 years. I combine both of them but i’m still loosing my hairs (100-200 daily)... and my hairs are still getting thinner and fine in texture.. I want to start with something stronger.. I can’t imagine my life without my hairs (actually im Norwood 3, my crown looks perfect, but I see that whole top of my hairs lost density last time). I struggle with hard depression beacuse of this and I have a suicidal thoughts..

I know everything about side effects but I can deal with them (gynecomastia, feminization etc.)

First I want to start with lower doses
Androcur 12.5mg e2d
Estradiol gel 1mg ed (on scalp, thigs)
Finasteride 1mg ed
Dutasteride 0.5mg ed

What do you think guys about this regimen? Its ok or should I start with higher doses of CPA + estro?
Just do the transexual convertion, surgical, will be cheaper .

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if that is what all is important, everybody should start balding between their 14 and their 18th, where they have their higher T levels of his entire life.
Bicalutamide is brainless. If all that matter to you is your hair, simple get a surgical castration, it will keep your hair forever.
You probably don't know much about Bicalutamide, hypochondriac. Castration doesn't make sense. You can click on my regime
1633323287101.png

Last edited:

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Solxama Yes, im from Poland. Thank you very much for help.

Anyway I will try hrt for 6 months.. If it wont help then Its over..

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Solxama Yes, im from Poland. Thank you very much for help.

Anyway I will try hrt for 6 months.. If it wont help then Its over..
It will help, don't worry. It it doesn't then it's not androgenic alopecia.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sure its diffused thinning with Androgenetic Alopecia.....I had to shaved them buzzcut. Look at the difference (1 year). I have a lot of Telogen hairs (black dots) which wont grow and a lot of miniaturization.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sure its diffused thinning with Androgenetic Alopecia.....I had to shaved them buzzcut. Look at the difference (1 year). I have a lot of Telogen hairs (black dots) which wont grow and a lot of miniaturization.
HRT should also help for miniaturisation, and stimulate the black dot hairs. Estrogen has a boosting effect on hair health and growth. Also CPA apparently has some positive effects for hair too. Go into my thread to see more details on my progress, I'll be posting a weekly report soon. I track my progress so everyone can see how good HRT is for hair.