Steroids and hairloss

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh sh1t didn´t noticed the year 2004 in the previous post.

Sorry my bad

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
Steroids do not cause hair loss. They only speed it up if you are prone to male pattern baldness. I have a buddy who has been cycling on and off using 1 gram of Test a week as a part of the stack for years, he has a full head of hair. Most people use Propecia while on roids if there are any Test products being stacked. Look at the pros, some of them abuse steroids and don't have the least bit of hair loss, and some of them do. It all depends on the person.

losin_it

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
I also knew a guy whose thyroid got so fucked up from riods his eyes were sticking out and gave him a bug eyed look. He also gained a lot of fat weight.

HAHAHA, now thats funny. I thought I heard it all. You sound very feminine.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LeonPhelps07 said:
Steroids do not cause hair loss. They only speed it up if you are prone to male pattern baldness.

Yup, exactly. Some steroids wont even do that if they cant be converted to DHT.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DontWannaBeLikeMike said:
My friend, who I am telling not to take steroids is not listening to me. He has a full head of hair and has no idea what it feels like to be in our position. He took a cycle of steroids and noticed hair shedding. He did look a little thinner than usual...my question is...once he gets off the cycle of steroids...would his hair grow back to normal or would he have accelerated his male pattern baldness? He was asking me if he could use some of my proscar to help with the hairloss...is that possible?

It depends mainly on three factors (in no specific order):

1) androgen
2) dose
3) duration

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
LeonPhelps07 said:
Steroids do not cause hair loss. They only speed it up if you are prone to male pattern baldness.

Yup, exactly. Some steroids wont even do that if they cant be converted to DHT.

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. Firstly, only one androgen is directly converted to DHT, and that's testosterone. Secondly, there is not evidence that DHT has a special role in androgenetic alopecia apart from its role as a potent androgen.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well lets put it this way, if you take Tren, which is somehow either converted to DHT or acts like DHT, you will lose hair fast as sh*t. If you take Var, which doesent, you wont lose a hair.

You may say I dont know what Im talking about, but Ive been working out in a gym that has about 50 regular steroid users and 20 competitive bodybuilders for the past decade. But my knowledge is more practical than scientific.

My point was, Mr. Smartypants, that some steroids wont cause accelerated hairloss, while others will. If you want to debate that you will lose. :D

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
Well lets put it this way, if you take Tren, which is somehow either converted to DHT or acts like DHT, you will lose hair fast as $#iT. If you take Var, which doesent, you wont lose a hair.

Trenbolone is not metabolized to dihydrotestosterone. Sure, it "acts" like DHT. What do they have in common? They're both *androgens*! ;-) I assume that "Var" refers to oxandrolone (Anavar). I don't know that one or the other is any worse with respect to hastening Androgenetic Alopecia at equipotent doses. Both would likely reduce the progression of hair loss at low enough doses (through negative feedback on testosterone production), but such doses would probably be counterproductive to the original purpose of its user.

Thinning said:
You may say I dont know what Im talking about, but Ive been working out in a gym that has about 50 regular steroid users and 20 competitive bodybuilders for the past decade. But my knowledge is more practical than scientific.

Uncontrolled observation.