Steroids and hairloss

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
My friend, who I am telling not to take steroids is not listening to me. He has a full head of hair and has no idea what it feels like to be in our position. He took a cycle of steroids and noticed hair shedding. He did look a little thinner than usual...my question is...once he gets off the cycle of steroids...would his hair grow back to normal or would he have accelerated his male pattern baldness? He was asking me if he could use some of my proscar to help with the hairloss...is that possible?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
my buddy was on roids for like 4 months and lost a ton of hair and it never came back.

G

I have an uncle who went for the body building thing in a big way (steroids included) I haven't seen him in a while (3 or 4 years) but my brother says he is bald as a coot! And this is from having a reasonable head of hair.

This is purely anecdotal I realise, and proves little but I thought I would throw it in.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
I would never, EVER trade my full head of hair for a muscular body.

Never.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Although i think a awesome body will get you more girls then hair will.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Working out and bulding your muscle is good for the body and it not make you loss hair. Steriods will make you loss your hair. I don't know if it will grow back if you stop using it. I think it speeds up the hair loss problem if you have one.

G

ACT10Npack said:
Working out and bulding your muscle is good for the body and it not make you loss hair. Steriods will make you loss your hair. I don't know if it will grow back if you stop using it. I think it speeds up the hair loss problem if you have one.

and it might possibly turn you into a bender.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I'm the perfect example for this topic since my hairloss was triggered from steroid use about 11 years ago.....Go look at my pics there's a before hairloss picture there.
Steroids has totally fucked up my entire life. Not just becuase of hair either. I had and still have ocasioal bouts with depression, had a bunch of joint problems, started having panic attacks which have pretty much gone away in the last year or two.
I never had any of these problems before I took steriods.

If there was one thing I could change in my life, It would be to have never taken steriods.

I still remember thinking to myself when I bought them that the chances of anything bad happening are pretty slim...Boy was I wrong. After talking with a few other people who've taken them it's pretty common for things to go wrong.

LiveHair

Reaction score
Hi!

BadHairDecade said:
Go look at my pics there's a before hairloss picture there.

Were those your results before and after 4 months?
Pretty good! :)

How is it going with your treatment now?

Regards,
LiveHair

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I also knew a guy whose thyroid got so fucked up from riods his eyes were sticking out and gave him a bug eyed look. He also gained a lot of fat weight.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd much prefer to have a normal body and a youthfull apperance than a big bulky body from steriod use.

G

It's much better to be fit an lean rather than looking like the incredible hulk.

s50004.jpg

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blue said:
Although i think a awesome body will get you more girls then hair will.

If you are ugly, it wont help. I know a couple ugly guys who took roids and despite being big and ripped couldent get laid. They set their standards pretty high though.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
started having panic attacks which have pretty much gone away in the last year or two.

I dont think steroids can give you panic attacks. The rest of that stuff sure, but my guess is your life was kinda problematic when taking them, leading to panic disorder, not directly related to using the steroids.

Petchsky

Reaction score
About two years ago i use to be in to lifting weights and on some of the bodybuilding forums there was a section about steroids and hairloss, i had a look in there and guys were doing steroids and taking proscar to counter any hairloss... so its not unheard of...but surly alot better never to touch them in the first place

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Thinning said:
BadHairDecade said:
started having panic attacks which have pretty much gone away in the last year or two.

I dont think steroids can give you panic attacks. The rest of that stuff sure, but my guess is your life was kinda problematic when taking them, leading to panic disorder, not directly related to using the steroids.

Oh yes it can my friend....Steroids mess up your hormones which in turn mess up your emotions which can lead to panic attacks. My life wasn't problematic at all when taking them....Both my DR.'s felt it was from the hormone changes after taking the roids.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade just want to ask you a question.

Did you finish your cycle with PCT using HCG,CLomid and Tamoxifen.

I dunno but when i´m in the steroids forums people say steroids can be taken in a safe way (i´ve read there´s something really big going on in the states because of roids and the senators want to punish steroid users hard and this one respond with scientific evidence that roids aren´t that bad)
and from what i´ve saw from my friends of the gym that have taken them no one seems like they had side-effects.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dom Dom Dooooom!!

The return of the roid dead thread.

One year later, a brave young man named Fabio, reassesses the issue of steroids in an old dusty thread. Will the initial posters of the thread be alive to answer? Will they be dead? Or even worse: Will they be dead and willing to answer? :freaked: