Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that was just a proof of concept. They're not going to be able to sell their product if the final thing looks like transplanted pubes.
Exactly what I mean, it needed fine tuning from then all the way to commercialization. That’s why it’s going to be interesting to see proof of concept on pigs to see what kind of improvements have been made in the appearance of the hair follicles. Mainly because of its close proximity to human skin.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Exactly what I mean, it needed fine tuning from then all the way to commercialization. That’s why it’s going to be interesting to see proof of concept on pigs to see what kind of improvements have been made in the appearance of the hair follicles. Mainly because of its close proximity to human skin.
When are we supposedly seeing this proof of concept anyway?

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might be thinking of Tsuji’s/Yokohoma method?
Oh ok honestly I thought the methods were similar for Stemson as well. But apparently they create a folliculogenic cell from scratch.

Now I'm wondering whether it would be possible for them to genetically engineer these cells in vitro to be DHT resistant before transplanting them into our scalps. That would be pretty convenient and we do have the technology for single gene knockouts.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok honestly I thought the methods were similar for Stemson as well. But apparently they create a folliculogenic cell from scratch.

Now I'm wondering whether it would be possible for them to genetically engineer these cells in vitro to be DHT resistant before transplanting them into our scalps. That would be pretty convenient and we do have the technology for single gene knockouts.
That’s the million dollar question that only Alexey and his team would know. But gene knockout does sound extremely pricey.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But gene knockout does sound extremely pricey.
Well you would only need to do it once, and then clone that cell over and over.

I think the price would be worth it to make it DHT resistant. I'm sure Stemson would offer both though at different price points.

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it have to be DHT resistant? If it's cheap and easy to apply, just...do it every few months to offset loss. Better something than nothing.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it have to be DHT resistant? If it's cheap and easy to apply, just...do it every few months to offset loss. Better something than nothing.
You will literally never be able to grow (perfect) hair. I wouldn't like to do the procedure just for a little grown out buzz cut lol.

Edit; nobody knows if it will even grow on the scalp (if it is indeed not androgen resistant) for androgenetic alopecia patients.

Last edited:

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We're talking about cloned hairs that have to be individually implanted by a surgeon, not a topical. It's not going to be cheap or easy to apply.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we should consider that others products probably will be in the market to treat hair loss too. Like GT20029 or Breezula.
Then we should keep the new hair for a lot years, maybe not need to repeat the procedure.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will literally never be able to grow (perfect) hair. I wouldn't like to do the procedure just for a little grown out buzz cut lol.

Edit; nobody knows if it will even grow on the scalp (if it is indeed not androgen resistant) for androgenetic alopecia patients.
I'm sure the Stemson team wouldn't try and commercialize this product and spend millions on something they don't believe is going to be favourable for androgenetic alopecia. Hamilton said himself the number one goal are people who suffer from androgenetic alopecia, why? Because they make up the majority out of all the hair loss groups, hence where the bulk of the market is. The primary market is not for burn victims, cancer patients or Alopeica Areata. Even combined they don't compare to the numbers of those with Alopecia. Don't worry about whether or not this will work on Alopeica patients, let's see how it works on the skin model of a pig and then worry about how long the procedure needs repeating. Think of this as in "infinite hair transplant, but with potentially better hair follicles", are hair transplants designed for Alopecia? Of course.

nachos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So really and effective method will involve a procedure (likely one that’s ongoing, over years/decades), and no pill form methods from these companies...?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea what you're tying to say
He is basically asking if this method is legit and effective and if the result will last for many years to come -> a one-time procedure.

- Yes.

And if there's any further treatment given by, in this case; Stemson Therapeutics, for the patients... Yes, the third product in their pipeline is a treatment to maintain the cells.

@nachos Did you mean that? Lol

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is basically asking if this method is legit and effective and if the result will last for many years to come -> a one-time procedure.

- Yes.

And if there's any further treatment given by, in this case; Stemson Therapeutics, for the patients... Yes, the third product in their pipeline is a treatment to maintain the cells.

Lol ah I see, if Stemson offer free top ups then I wouldn’t be worried about maintenance. Or if they’re incredibly cheaper. But I do feel like the hair that continues to fall (the native ones) you’ll need top ups for those areas.

nachos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

- Yes.

Would that third product involve surgery, or would it be taken orally/topically? Just to be real, I’m poor as f***. So I worry about any realistic probability that I could even afford some $2000 surgery, let alone anything significant

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would that third product involve surgery, or would it be taken orally/topically? Just to be real, I’m poor as f***. So I worry about any realistic probability that I could even afford some $2000 surgery, let alone anything significant
This is still a few years away, but it's moving in the right direction. You can still save up as much as you possibly can and go from there.

Last edited: