Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
stemson will probably need at least another 5 years until they are on the market. They have not yet started a phase 1 study. this forum is too optimistic.
Given all the hurdles they have to overcome, I don't really see them (or any hair cloning therapy) coming to market until at least eight years at the absolute best, and even then it'll take a while for it to become available for everyone, and this is assuming they actually have a winner on their hands.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I think about how many words have been written about hair cloning since the beginning of this century. Save a penny for every word you write and break the piggy bank to pay for the procedure when it's finally available.

frank33

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish we could get a widely available cure in 10 years. My fear is that in 10 years we're still being fed the same crap as people have been since the 1980s, with no cure in sight.
It is possible, but in the last 15 years we have made so many improvements in both stem cells and hair loss field. In the 1980's we didn't even know what actually caused hair loss, claims of a cure were more pushed by a train of optimism for medicine and science rather than actual research.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is possible, but in the last 15 years we have made so many improvements in both stem cells and hair loss field. In the 1980's we didn't even know what actually caused hair loss, claims of a cure were more pushed by a train of optimism for medicine and science rather than actual research.
That's definitely true that we've made a lot of progress and optimistic thoughts like that are the only thing giving me hope. But while we've made a lot of progress, I want to be realistic and open to the possibility that we could still be decades away from a widely available cure despite all the progress that's been made and how close companies want us to believe they are.

However, I do feel that of all the companies pursuing hair cloning/stem cell therapies, at least one of them has the cure or is at least really close to one. If only they could skip all the bull and show us solid results in a human trial we could all stop obsessing about it all day.

frank33

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's definitely true that we've made a lot of progress and optimistic thoughts like that are the only thing giving me hope. But while we've made a lot of progress, I want to be realistic and open to the possibility that we could still be decades away from a widely available cure despite all the progress that's been made and how close companies want us to believe they are.

However, I do feel that of all the companies pursuing hair cloning/stem cell therapies, at least one of them has the cure or is at least really close to one. If only they could skip all the bull and show us solid results in a human trial we could all stop obsessing about it all day.

I'm sure games are changing for the better, and i'm mainly optimistic, however i also have my plan B:

Arrived at the "point of no return", if everything i've tried fails, i'll shave myself and decide wether to embrace baldness (very unlikely) or buy the best hair system money can buy.
This plan B allows me to wait for better treatments with the peace of mind of knowing that i will never get bald if i really don't want to.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that is true. Because monetarily speaking balding cure is very enticing. It would make the creators of the cure billionaires. We would all pay huge money for "the cure". So the financial incentive is there. I think it's just insanely complicated, that is why it's so hard to find the cure.
Yeah, this is actually true. You'd actually be able to set whatever price you'd want as a 1 time treatment. Most guys would easily pay mid 5 figures as a 1 time full "cure" treatment. That type of incentive is well above the lifetime value of daily medication.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure games are changing for the better, and i'm mainly optimistic, however i also have my plan B:

Arrived at the "point of no return", if everything i've tried fails, i'll shave myself and decide wether to embrace baldness (very unlikely) or buy the best hair system money can buy.
This plan B allows me to wait for better treatments with the peace of mind of knowing that i will never get bald if i really don't want to.
I would suggest shaving it first, but it's totally up to you. I'm still NW2/3 but I shaved my head during covid quarantine and it was very freeing. I'm skinny and as pale as they come but it was still great. Now I grew it back out and I know I can do it when the time comes.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
stemson will probably need at least another 5 years until they are on the market. They have not yet started a phase 1 study. this forum is too optimistic.
5 years is too optimistic. This isn't some unmet medical need that would allow them to fast track. You're looking at 7-10 imo without trial setbacks.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people are really poor hair transplant candidates.
This, plus the fact that we have no way to reliably maintain our current hair. I've been on the big 3 since I was Norwood 1.5 six years ago and I'm now Norwood 2.5 and my crown has gotten a bit thinner. If I got a hair transplant now I'd look like a normal person my age but if my hairline continues to slowly recede despite being on finasteride I'd be a laughing stock with transplanted hair at the front.

frank33

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people are really poor hair transplant candidates.
Yeah, if i happen to be one of Zarev's 10k grafts FUE, good for me, but if it's not the case, i prefere a hair system rather than a sketchy low density transplant.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that is true. Because monetarily speaking balding cure is very enticing. It would make the creators of the cure billionaires. We would all pay huge money for "the cure". So the financial incentive is there. I think it's just insanely complicated, that is why it's so hard to find the cure.

Hair is formed only in the embrionic state then a cure is insanely complicated, but what about its prevention? Insanely easy imo.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is formed only in the embrionic state then a cure is insanely complicated, but what about its prevention? Insanely easy imo.
A hair follicle doesn't die unless you disintegrate/burn your skin. Also, we know that Wnt and/or Shh agonists can create new hair with a good method and dosage.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair follicle doesn't die unless you disintegrate/burn your skin. Also, we know that Wnt and/or Shh agonists can create new hair with a good method and dosage.
You are right in the first sentence, but there are more than Wnt/Shh to create a terminal hair.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe!? We'll have to wait and find out sooner or later.

Remember Setipiprant? Biggest hype and then it quietly vanished... (no better than placebo)
PGD2 inhibition never was as important as we usually think for hair regrowth. Wnt upregulation or at least disinhibition is. Can't really compare seti with SM. Also SM has been effective for the "optimal population", and the phase 3 patients are only in the "optimal population" (<45 and NW3/NW4) so I bet phase 3 results will be at least acceptable.