Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dosent matter your hair took like 15-20 years to die since its was created . Meaning new one even if its not dht restitent would take Alot of time. The things you worry about are pointless we need to see that stemson will not stuck at the same place tsuji was failed. Thats whats scare me the most ...
yes I’m not really worried about that like other people because you will have unlimited grafts Within 1-2 year we will know if this technology works

It has barely been 1 decade since the Nobel prize winner who derive human iPSC.

I don’t think tsuji failed. But they are set back many years now because of their partner suspending business

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes I’m not really worried about that like other people because you will have unlimited grafts Within 1-2 year we will know if this technology works

It has barely been 1 decade since the Nobel prize winner who derive human iPSC.

I don’t think tsuji failed. But they are set back many years now because of their partner suspending business
I belive the stuck in some serious issue that might consider alot of time to reaserch . And then they reach the point where financily its wasnt worth the risk. But belive me a company that hold the power to restore hair would be one of the world most values company . Its a gold mine . There no limit to the bald people each generation even bald sooner. Tsuji solution is lost . Stemson is our only hope now. The ceo talked about 4-5 years before human clinical trails which mean alot of time

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I belive the stuck in some serious issue that might consider alot of time to reaserch . And then they reach the point where financily its wasnt worth the risk. But belive me a company that hold the power to restore hair would be one of the world most values company . Its a gold mine . There no limit to the bald people each generation even bald sooner. Tsuji solution is lost . Stemson is our only hope now. The ceo talked about 4-5 years before human clinical trails which mean alot of time
Finasteride can work for years.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, guess I was being too pessimistic, it makes sense when you put it like that. If they plan to do many trials and perfect the technique then $15M and 3-5 years of preclinical seems reasonable.

Can you also elaborate on why you think using IPS cells could lead to less regulatory roadblocks as opposed to ES cells?
ES cells are derived from early human embryos. It's taboo and there is heavy regulation on its use, some American states even outright banned it.

On the other hand, iPS cells works the same and you get get them via your own blood or skin. Much easier to do research and scale the treatments with them.

Dr. Terskikh briefly talks about that topic in this short interview: https://www.sbpdiscovery.org/news/beaker-blog/sbps-alexey-terskikh-advances-hair-growth-research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson didnt say they will be androgen resistant. Why will they be if they carry the same transcriptome i don't think it will be. But they said their technology can have allogenic applications one day.
They didn't say it won't be either. So we don't know.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson is bio engineering new hairs from scratch. They can, for example, make your new hairs thicker than your original hairs. I think they can even alter the color if they want.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news for Stemson, this company that is developing a technology to automate and scale the generation of iPS cells just announced a relatively big seed round ($16 million) to develop their tech. Basically, this tech would make the Stemson treatment more cheaper, reliable, and faster.

Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) are derived from skin or blood cells that have been reprogrammed so they revert to an embryonic-like pluripotent state; pluripotency enables the cell to develop into any type of human cell, meaning they are fantastic for therapeutic purposes. iPSCs can be triggered to become beta islet cells for diabetes treatment, or neurons for neurological treatment or blood cells, in order to generate new cancer-free blood for leukaemia sufferers.

However, scientists usually have to go through the labour-intensive process of inspecting iPSCs in order to manually weed out ones deemed to be of lower quality. Cellino’s platform could be set to change all that.

Cellino is developing an automated process to generate autologous iPSCs at scale, using machine-learning algorithms to train software to identify both low- and high-quality cells. The software then controls a laser to destroy the unwanted cells. The proprietary platform converges breakthrough technologies across optics, biology and machine learning to engineer high functionality cells with high levels of consistency and yield.

Cellino plans to use this seed financing to scale up this technology, automating and standardising autologous stem cell production, and thereby accelerating the development of life-saving and life-extending therapies for patients.

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news for Stemson, this company that is developing a technology to automate and scale the generation of iPS cells just announced a relatively big seed round ($16 million) to develop their tech. Basically, this tech would make the Stemson treatment more cheaper, reliable, and faster.

Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) are derived from skin or blood cells that have been reprogrammed so they revert to an embryonic-like pluripotent state; pluripotency enables the cell to develop into any type of human cell, meaning they are fantastic for therapeutic purposes. iPSCs can be triggered to become beta islet cells for diabetes treatment, or neurons for neurological treatment or blood cells, in order to generate new cancer-free blood for leukaemia sufferers.

However, scientists usually have to go through the labour-intensive process of inspecting iPSCs in order to manually weed out ones deemed to be of lower quality. Cellino’s platform could be set to change all that.

Cellino is developing an automated process to generate autologous iPSCs at scale, using machine-learning algorithms to train software to identify both low- and high-quality cells. The software then controls a laser to destroy the unwanted cells. The proprietary platform converges breakthrough technologies across optics, biology and machine learning to engineer high functionality cells with high levels of consistency and yield.

Cellino plans to use this seed financing to scale up this technology, automating and standardising autologous stem cell production, and thereby accelerating the development of life-saving and life-extending therapies for patients.
Kyocera has also those abiletis but you need to build the hammer before you punch the nail.
Im worry that people here dont get the we still talking about somthing that no one manage to do . A clone folicele that has more then1-2 cycles and keep producing hairs. Thats what the ceo of stemson says . Its not some joke guys if stemsom made this , Its would be all over the news. We would see tons of new people on those fourm looking for some new info about them.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kyocera has also those abiletis but you need to build the hammer before you punch the nail.
Im worry that people here dont get the we still talking about somthing that no one manage to do . A clone folicele that has more then1-2 cycles and keep producing hairs. Thats what the ceo of stemson says . Its not some joke guys if stemsom made this , Its would be all over the news. We would see tons of new people on those fourm looking for some new info about them.
It would take a lot of the pressure and hard-decision making out of the hair recovery process but probably not the cost.

Will hair now become more like veneer on teeth in this scenario cause lots of folks could have a much nicer smile and they do nothing to improve their teeth. It will be like, "you are going bald". "Oh, yeah, I have been meaning to take care of that but with all of the hassles at work, you know, someday...."

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would take a lot of the pressure and hard-decision making out of the hair recovery process but probably not the cost.

Will hair now become more like veneer on teeth in this scenario cause lots of folks could have a much nicer smile and they do nothing to improve their teeth. It will be like, "you are going bald". "Oh, yeah, I have been meaning to take care of that but with all of the hassles at work, you know, someday...."
I think it will be amazing ! Worry about hair loss took a huge shot in mental health of so many ppl. I didnt know that in some point my life would be controld by this shitty gene. I always wonder how my life would be if i had my father genes (thick nw2 age55). Like for real were already in 2021 how balding is still athing.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it will be amazing ! Worry about hair loss took a huge shot in mental health of so many ppl. I didnt know that in some point my life would be controld by this shitty gene. I always wonder how my life would be if i had my father genes (thick nw2 age55). Like for real were already in 2021 how balding is still athing.
Same here. Father's 83 and still has grrrr Ronald Reagan hair. My mother wears her hair long at 80 like she always did so so much for genetics. I agree 100 percent about mental health. I wanted to get involved because hair dysphoria is so much like gender dysphoria in general. For me, there really was no separation between hair and gender since in my mind, I was androgynous/non-binary.

I had been doing great with the gals, lol, until that fateful moment that destroyed my life, well almost. New Generation and then Rogaine saved me and just in the nick of time!

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nice find, and great news for us if they decide to collaborate. One of the things keeping me up thinking is how the heck they can cure us all even after the cure is discovered, considering how labor intensive the procedure is.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find, and great news for us if they decide to collaborate. One of the things keeping me up thinking is how the heck they can cure us all even after the cure is discovered, considering how labor intensive the procedure is.
When we go in for Covid19 vaccinations, maybe we could pay for an upgrade?:) Roll outs are hard!

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed Fortunis for an invite to their webinar featuring Stemson and haven't received a response. I wonder if it's even legit or some PR lie.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed Fortunis for an invite to their webinar featuring Stemson and haven't received a response. I wonder if it's even legit or some PR lie.
You mean the webinar being a lie? Lol

Alsl whats a PR lie.

Sorry for the questions, not very acknowleged at this point.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is a webinar for investors and potential investors. To be a potential investor at fortunis Capital, you need 250k net worth and an annual salary of 100k. Introduce yourself as a potential investor who heard about it
Ah, thought it was for the average interested person. Well it's probably too late now.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will we gather new info from the today's webinar!? :eyes:
Doesn't seem like it at this point.

Anyone else checking Stemson’s site every day to see if the histotechnician role has been filled? I know I am even though it makes little difference.

Do you guys think that if Stemson actually comes out with a cure, huge companies will jump in and massively accelerate commercialization, or they're going to be proceeding as a tiny team of a few people, curing maybe 10 people a day?