Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people don't realize this but not even Tsuji was able to demonstrate he could create new hairs from scratch. In his famous 2012 paper they showed they created new bioengineered hairs but they also had to kill vibrissa hair follicles to extract the DP cells they used in the process.

So yea Tsuji could create a new hair BUT he also had to kill a hair for that. The net sum was zero.

Stemson is the first and only company so far that has demonstrated they can create new hairs from multiplied/differentiated DP cells. And I think that is the case for epithelial cells too.

Last edited:

frank33

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people don't realize this but not even Tsuji was able to demonstrate he could create new hairs from scratch. In his famous 2012 paper they showed they created new bioengineered hairs but they also had to kill vibrissa hair follicles to extract the DP cells they used in the process.

So yea Tsuji could create a new hair BUT he also had to kill a hair for that. The net sum was zero.

Stemson is the first and only company so far that has demonstrated they can create new hairs from multiplied/differentiated DP cells. And I think that is the case for epithelial cells too.

Closer than ever!

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For all the ppl that worry about the price !
are you for real?
We can transplant like 7 k folicels from our own donor zone . So you would need around 3 k folicels from stemson to get head full of hair .
(The illusion of hair full of hair...) so yeah that make it less a problem now.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
For all the ppl that worry about the price !
are you for real?
We can transplant like 7 k folicels from our own donor zone . So you would need around 3 k folicels from stemson to get head full of hair .
(The illusion of hair full of hair...) so yeah that make it less a problem now.
Huh? These guys are promising a full restoration of hair, not an illusion. You'd need 30k~ graphs.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh? These guys are promising a full restoration of hair, not an illusion. You'd need 30k~ graphs.
You dont need! Its your own choice .
Google dr zarev . And see how his 12k restore ppl with high nws like nw7-6. They look like they not even balding . My end point is that you dont need to spend alot of money to restore normal look as you may think. So when the tech is out we are good we just need it to be somthing real .

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Google dr zarev . And see how his 12k restore ppl with high nws like nw7-6. They look like they not even balding . My end point is that you dont need to spend alot of money to restore normal look as you may think. So when the tech is out we are good we just need it to be somthing real .
Don't be delusional... people are always greedy. :p

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people do not have 12k grafts available though!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
That why i said 7k ... the rest 3k would be from stemson.
No, you wont get only 3k grafts. You will get all grafts. Full coverage. You dont need the 7k from harvesting the donor. Stemson, if it works, will restore ALL your hair, without touching the donor.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be crazy if stemson's technology would provide for someone a hairline like Zayn Malik's lol.

But that... sounds more like a dream.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not in vitro. They have developed their tech on mice with human skin.

They may have started pre clinical studies with the minipigs already. If not, they will start soon.

My guess is best case scenario they finish the studies with minipigs in the second half of 2022 and start planing the clinical trials from there.
Wait human skin on mice, how does that work, they cut off a patch from a mouse? If that's the case then that's pretty good for their success rate if they already did it on human skin isn't it?

Do you have a source for Tsuji not really cloning hair? I couldn't find a source.

As for all the people who say cloning hair on mice has been a thing since the 1980s I spent over an hour and found no source of that.

Also, I hope Dr. Terskikh is able to do everything himself and that the histotechnician is just for repetitive work he doesn't want to do himself. I'd be horrible for their timeline if they're stalled waiting for one.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not in vitro. They have developed their tech on mice with human skin.

They may have started pre clinical studies with the minipigs already. If not, they will start soon.

My guess is best case scenario they finish the studies with minipigs in the second half of 2022 and start planing the clinical trials from there.
Wait human skin on mice, how does that work, they cut off a patch from a mouse? If that's the case then that's pretty good for their success rate if they already did it on human skin isn't it?

As for all the people who say cloning hair on mice has been a thing since the 1980s I spent over an hour and found no source of that.
That's true, but also with 12k you'd still look bald under harsh lighting and strong wind. Also if you're NW5+ and want to go swimming at the beach again one day without looking like there's an octopus monster on your head you'd probably need at least 30k.

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That's true, but also with 12k you'd still look bald under harsh lighting and strong wind. Also if you're NW5+ and want to go swimming at the beach again one day without looking like there's an octopus monster on your head you'd probably need at least 30k.
The fact the you think ppl care about ur hair that much is making me laugh. No one care that much we are the only ppl that care that much about hair. 12 k are enough to cover most of your scalp. And it will give peace of mind to move on from this shitty gene.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you wont get only 3k grafts. You will get all grafts. Full coverage. You dont need the 7k from harvesting the donor. Stemson, if it works, will restore ALL your hair, without touching the donor.
I get it! But as i said . If its money prbolem you still can make it cheaper by taking most of your donor zone and leave the rest for stemson.
plus for your information you can restore full density , you can transplant that many close folicels its impossible to this date. It will cause damge to the folicele around it . I think the most you can go is around 60 graft for cm.
(Whic is amazing ) but you can get full head look with 45 graft per cm . So we dont need to spend that much to get good look

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you have a source for Tsuji not really cloning hair? I couldn't find a source.

Also, I hope Dr. Terskikh is able to do everything himself and that the histotechnician is just for repetitive work he doesn't want to do himself. I'd be horrible for their timeline if they're stalled waiting for one.
I edited my post, I meant human cells, not skin. Although they may have used human skin but I couldn't find anything about it now.

Regarding Tsuji, the source is their Nature article from 2012, although I noticed now that they say they cultured the DP cells (but not the epithelium cells) so I'm not to sure. See attached file.

Regarding Stemson, don't worry they already have other scientists in the company

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 17.23.17.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 17.23.17.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 83