Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't they stop talking or lecturing to audiences and start DOING SOMETHING to test human subjects! I don't expect them to get off home base the way they do things. All they do is talk, bury their failures and do nothing. They're worse than politicians. They at least do things, mostly bad. It's a good thing Stemson doesn't have publicly traded stock because by now it would be worthless at this point. People want to see progress, not be given questionable promises. They've been a company since 2018 and have produced nothing so far for public benefit. Great job!

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Kevin D’Amour, PhD, Joins Stemson Therapeutics as Chief Scientific Officer​

Kevin D’Amour, PhD, was at ViaCyte from 2002 until 2021 and served as the company’s Chief Scientific Officer from 2011 – 2021. At ViaCyte, he led the development of the first stem cell-derived cell therapies designed to replace pancreatic beta cells for the treatment of type 1 diabetes. Under Kevin’s leadership, ViaCyte took three cell therapy products into the clinic. ViaCyte was acquired by Vertex in 2022.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this guy also literally appeared in a movie called "the human trial"

maybe this means they are getting serious about clinical studies, lets hope this is what it means

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"In addition to leading research advances in the stem cell program,

*Dr. D’Amour is frequently called upon to address the biological aspects of ViaCyte’s technology platform with regulating bodies, such as the US patent office and the FDA*.

hiring this guy must mean they are at least planning for a clinical study at some point in the near future

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All Stemson does is hire people who are basically not getting the job done. They cover up their failures with silence. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf is this comment. what is your actual argument?
My argument is they tell us nothing that they've accomplished. Their biggest accomplishment is hiring people to their company. What in their 5 year history have they done other than grow a few pathetic human transplanted hairs onto a mouse model? They've been in early pre-clinical stages forever and I think they're going nowhere fast! Every time CEO Geoff Hamilton talks it seems he is avoidant and nervous like he himself doesn't seem convinced Stemson will be having a cure for us anytime in the foreseeable future. I really hate how this company doesn't admit failure. They just shamelessly keep us in limbo. They don't invite questions from the public. They have no media or public relations to speak of if anyone has an inquiry. No telephone number is listed on their site, no emails get returned anymore. Last time I got a reply was in Summer, 2020 from them. The company is run like they don't give a hoot about the public and are afraid of telling how bad things are and losing their gravy train. This post dates back to early 2021 that Stemson will be testing on mini pigs. And how did that go? Does anyone know? Seems no news is bad news. They need new management there, and lots of the administration needs to be replaced with people who are willing to talk to the public, not just speak briefly at conventions. And yet they are hiring again! Someone to test on mice. What progress is being made there. Can you tell me please? All they do is hire people who accomplish diddly. Imagine if they had public stock, it would be worthless!

Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My argument is they tell us nothing that they've accomplished. Their biggest accomplishment is hiring people to their company. What in their 5 year history have they done other than grow a few pathetic human transplanted hairs onto a mouse model? They've been in early pre-clinical stages forever and I think they're going nowhere fast! Every time CEO Geoff Hamilton talks it seems he is avoidant and nervous like he himself doesn't seem convinced Stemson will be having a cure for us anytime in the foreseeable future. I really hate how this company doesn't admit failure. They just shamelessly keep us in limbo. They don't invite questions from the public. They have no media or public relations to speak of if anyone has an inquiry. No telephone number is listed on their site, no emails get returned anymore. Last time I got a reply was in Summer, 2020 from them. The company is run like they don't give a hoot about the public and are afraid of telling how bad things are and losing their gravy train. This post dates back to early 2021 that Stemson will be testing on mini pigs. And how did that go? Does anyone know? Seems no news is bad news. They need new management there, and lots of the administration needs to be replaced with people who are willing to talk to the public, not just speak briefly at conventions. And yet they are hiring again! Someone to test on mice. What progress is being made there. Can you tell me please? All they do is hire people who accomplish diddly. Imagine if they had public stock, it would be worthless!
why do YOU think they owe you that? im sure they report enough to their investors to keep them interested additionally I am sure they are making progress otherwise they woultn have hired someone who is associated with clinical studies. if they are testing on pigs and there isn't a major breakthrough why would they publish that? some things might be proprietary as well as now its not just a research institute but a company with actual investor backing.

>The company is run like they don't give a hoot about the public

what company would give a sh*t about some random bald guy on a forum asking them questions over mail or the phone? like thats not a very common occurrence in other areas of science I would imagine.

Gump

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf is this comment. what is your actual argument?

This guy is crazy. No reputable pharma company releases details about everything they do. In fact, it's suspicious when one does because it looks like they need funding when you see paid announcements about minor progress across several platforms. The fact is that Stemson has a lot of funding (more than any other hairloss company has) and seems to have a legit team. They aren't going to announce anything that isn't substantial, and really don't owe the public anything. Raccooner wants weekly updates when in reality it will likely be a decade before they could bring something to market. Even that might be optimistic.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're legit delusional bro lol damn.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is crazy. No reputable pharma company releases details about everything they do. In fact, it's suspicious when one does because it looks like they need funding when you see paid announcements about minor progress across several platforms. The fact is that Stemson has a lot of funding (more than any other hairloss company has) and seems to have a legit team. They aren't going to announce anything that isn't substantial, and really don't owe the public anything. Raccooner wants weekly updates when in reality it will likely be a decade before they could bring something to market. Even that might be optimistic.
This is cope.

I have 0 faith that they will make it work. It sounds too complicated and it won't lead to results.

It's just another "hair cloning" - like idea. Will fail like the rest of them.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is cope.

I have 0 faith that they will make it work. It sounds too complicated and it won't lead to results.

It's just another "hair cloning" - like idea. Will fail like the rest of them.
do you have any scientific argument besides low IQ incel jargon and "it sounds too complicated"? do you have a PhD in biotechnology or molecular biology? if not how can a total rando like you judge what is complicated and what isn't? I think they are well aware of how complicated this is as they have stressed this 100 times in various interview.

also what the f*** do you mean "just another hair cloning like idea"? of course it is lol. what do you even mean. this approach has never been done and it solves a lot of problems like poor maintenance of inductive capabilities of DP cells in culture, expensive and non scaleable DP culturing process and many more. but I am sure you know very little about what exactly they are doing. your username is also pure cringe

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
exactly like wtf, we aren't their top investors, they have no obligation to tell us anything and it would be highly uncommon if they did so. imagine approaching a company as a patient of any other condition, you mail biontech of Pfizer about how they should call you to talk about their progress. like, why? I am sure that if they find something for the advancement of the scientific community they will hopefully at least write and publish a paper like they previously did.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have any scientific argument besides low IQ incel jargon and "it sounds too complicated"? do you have a PhD in biotechnology or molecular biology? if not how can a total rando like you judge what is complicated and what isn't? I think they are well aware of how complicated this is as they have stressed this 100 times in various interview.

also what the f*** do you mean "just another hair cloning like idea"? of course it is lol. what do you even mean. this approach has never been done and it solves a lot of problems like poor maintenance of inductive capabilities of DP cells in culture, expensive and non scaleable DP culturing process and many more. but I am sure you know very little about what exactly they are doing. your username is also pure cringe
I've been severely bald for almost 10 years. I've been duped many times with empty promises. Every time a new company emerges it's the same talk. "Things are different this time." I've been here before. I'm so jaded at this point that I don't believe anything will actually work when it comes to stem cells. It's been talked about for 25 years.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been severely bald for almost 10 years. I've been duped many times with empty promises. Every time a new company emerges it's the same talk. "Things are different this time." I've been here before. I'm so jaded at this point that I don't believe anything will actually work when it comes to stem cells. It's been talked about for 25 years.
if you actually follow the scientific review and not pop science articles it was kind of semi clear all along that it is nowhere near in the early 2010 or even earlier. like in hindsight we were faaaar off from anything substantial. back then, there was (in comparison to now) no thought what so ever given on how to make a particular approach scaleable for the clinic, how to actually guide the implanted organic with scaffolds, most importantly there was not even an effective method to culture dermal fibroblasts and dermal papilla cells, not in a scaleable, not even in a way where would remain the expression of their signature genes and keep their inductive abilities. that has all changed now. I still think we are far off, there is a recent meta review from Asia from 2021 and they list several remaining key challenges but interestingly enough stemson and fukuda have themselves pointed those out as the major issues to solve so they seem to be well aware with what the next milestones must be.

its not like we will see this before 2030 commercially available I think. with optimism, by 2025 they can start clinical studies and if they do them in the US it'll be like 2032, maybe 2030 in Japan until this can be done. so nobody is saying this is right around the corner.

however it is just not a good idea to compare this kind of research to what has been done 25 years ago. the research back then was important in its own way but they weren't even close. here the review:

they paint a not so positive picture of this being available very soon. quot

Since it is an architecturally and functionally complex organ, the HF is much more difficult to regenerate or reconstruct than many other organs. Due to this limitation, HF regeneration is still far from clinical transformation. (1) The sources of potential cells are still poor, largely because of cell ageing in vitro culture and inefficient reprogramming, so there is still a need to optimize the in vitro culture system. (2) The mechanism of hair cycling is very complex, and it is extremely difficult to identify the key molecules. (3) Current strategies simulating EMI are still insufficient. Both cell transplantation and organoid architecture lack the microenvironment of connective tissue, blood vessels and immune cells, which is still quite different from the physiological environment of normal tissues and organs. (4) It is unknown how many new HFs can be regenerated from biomaterials and tissue engineering. Do they allow other essential cells to be recruited to the new follicle? If so, do the attracted cells have the ability to affect organogenesis overall? 5) The cellular reprogramming techniques that contribute to HF regeneration still have low efficiency in vitro. (6) The 3D regeneration of HFs depends on biomaterials that need better external security, controllability and internal stability. Ideal biomaterials need to be safe and nontoxic. Under normal metabolism in the body, they can be kept in a stable state without biological degeneration, and the metabolism or degradation products are harmless and easily metabolized. (7) Whether the regenerated HFs function normally and how long they can last in vivo are less mentioned in past studies.

In summary, at the current stage, various attempts are only imitating a partial structure and/or function regeneration of HFs. The combination of different technologies and methodologies will hopefully lead to new progress.
id argue stemson has worked a lot on problem 1 and 5 and if successful their road over iPSC can deliver a lot of inductive fresh DP cells. 7 is what would be discovered in a clinical study. 2 as well and 6 is their current challenge as I understood this is why they developed scaffolds etc.

so its a lot of challenges. but consider that 25 years ago when you first heard about this, none of these challenges was even known. they thought it was easy because they didn't know anything. like impostor syndrome

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The paper have more than 2 years,....
so which of the major challenges they point out in the end of their paper has been solved since then? I know fukuda and stemson are working on some of those critical tasks but others still remain open. although to be fair, before 2015 nobody even seriously worked on this topic at all so I wouldn't be surprised to see much more accelerated progress when 2-3 research groups actually try to work on very specific things at this point in time. the reason why hair loss research hasn't progressed in 10 years is not because it is such a hard issue its because nobody did anything

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Boom! HUGE news. Last 12 months provided major breakthroughs, they are able to create human hairs on human skin on mouse, next stage is going full human in the clinical trials. FDA already "blessed" their plans for clinical trials. Everything is going to plan!

Screen Shot Stemson1.png
Scren Shot Stemson2.png

Full video, release just a couple of hours ago. You heard here first!

(and before the crying little biatches complain that it still is going to take a couple of years before it's ready, it's better a couple of years than never. First FULL SOLUTION TO HAIRLOSS IN ALL HUMAN HISTORY IS ON TRACK --> HOLD TIGHT AND BUCKLE UP, OUR TIME WILL COME. STEMSON ARE THE ONLY PROS IN BALDNESS TOWN AND THEY WILL DELIVER.

peace