Stemoxydine (discussion And How To Purchase)

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a bit about stemoxydine but it seems like it's not so popular because you cannot purchase it in America. I'm a diffuse thinner, not doing anything to treat my hair loss at the moment. I used to take lipogaine but had bad side effects. I never took finasteride, and i'm afraid to take it because I had a weak libido around the time I was using Lipogaine or when I took saw palmetto for a few months, but I read about Hassan & Wong's topical finasteride and i'm hoping a friend can hook it up for me from Canada.

Currently an NW3.5 with diffuse/receding. I shave my head but I have hair, temples are gone and crown is definitely going. I read that people don't have dandruff/itch with genuine Rogaine foam so I just purchased 3 bottles of that. I've also read that Stemoxydine is good for diffuse thinners, so I am going to add that into the mix.

The good news is, I found out how to purchase Stemoxydine (Garnier Fructis version) for cheap.

https://www.amazon.es/Loción-Fructis-Crece-Fuerte-Garnier/dp/B00X9U9SE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473056825&sr=8-1&keywords=stemoxydine

Go to Amazon.es and search stemoxydine there, purchase a minimum of four bottles. Total came out to $38 USD.

Let's have a centralized discussion on all our individual thoughts and research on Stemoxydine. I do not know much about how it works or the science behind it, but based on all the different posts on forums I have read it seems like many users had thickening and some regrowth with it.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently started using stemoxidine so I can not tell you.
Thank you for the link .It is still cheaper than I buy

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By its self it does n't do much, you may get some regrowth if you are lucky as it basically starves your follicles of oxygen (hypoxia) causing VGEF upregulation that should eventually cause an increase in blood vessels.

You need to use it in conjuction with other things such as minoxidil which it seems you are doing.

Other than that there is n't much more to be said for Stemox.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on starting stemox soon myself. Like @JustAnotherNoob, I'm also a diffuse thinner, though recently I've experienced temple and crown recession.

Still uncertain whether I'll use neogenic stemox (probably buy off ebay), or Garnier stemox.

I live in the US.

Justthin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all loooong time lurker on a few forums..was a member at another r but it got slow and full of spam..saw this on stemox and thought I would chime in.

First of I have tried propecia..fluridil..AnG...bunch of crap stuff..except find but got sides.
I used to do min once a day cuz I thought it would help maintain .

However I was losing ground obviously lol

About 3 months ago I ordered the Garnier brand from Europe of stemox..great price fast delivery so was impressed.
At the same time I started a few things..nothing crazy tho.

Once a week I would dermaroll..very lightly.
I would apply a mixture of castor and coconut oil after rolling. Only once a week.
Started using minoxidil 2 times a day as directed and added stemox.

As a diffuse thinner it was a godsend..my hair jumped back to life and got a lot thicker.
I have also oticed a lot of new hairs and darker larger dots on my head where follicles come out .

Needless to say it's no cure but I have seen a drastic improvement and I am sure in the next few months it will get better.

Just my two cents on this ..so for diffuse thinners I would try it..nothing g to lose. Good luck all!

Oh and I use nizoral 2 times a week as well .

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worst comes to worse, garnier fructis stemoxydine is a fantastic vehicle in which to dissolve RU 58851, and it's cheap as well.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all loooong time lurker on a few forums..was a member at another r but it got slow and full of spam..saw this on stemox and thought I would chime in.

First of I have tried propecia..fluridil..AnG...bunch of crap stuff..except find but got sides.

About 3 months ago I ordered the Garnier brand from Europe of stemox..great price fast delivery so was impressed.

I would apply a mixture of castor and coconut oil after rolling. Only once a week.

As a diffuse thinner it was a godsend..my hair jumped back to life and got a lot thicker.
I have also oticed a lot of new hairs and darker larger dots on my head where follicles come out .

Needless to say it's no cure but I have seen a drastic improvement and I am sure in the next few months it will get better.

Just my two cents on this ..so for diffuse thinners I would try it..nothing g to lose. Good luck all!

Great work on playing around until something works. Are you able to take photos? Will stop people pouring on negativity if you do manage to report even further growth...

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worst comes to worse, garnier fructis stemoxydine is a fantastic vehicle in which to dissolve RU 58851, and it's cheap as well.
I was gonna tell you with your brotzu's.Stemo lotion is more than a vehicule (perahaps ,i test in this moment )while brotzu's potion your snake oil is not better than the cat's pee seasoned with soy

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score

What size roller are you using? Are you drawing blood when you roll?

Justthin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great work on playing around until something works. Are you able to take photos? Will stop people pouring on negativity if you do manage to report even further growth...
Hey, I would take photos but wouldn't do much good since there are no before photos lol..I know how people can be very egative on here ....it's all good. I just wanted to let people know what helped thicken ,y hair if not more...will see in Tim e how much this helps...but it is def the only thing that a tally changed the way my hair feels..looks and brought things back to life for me .

Justthin

My Regimen
Reaction score
What size roller are you using? Are you drawing blood when you roll?
I will check the size of dermaroller but I def do not draw blood...once a week I give my whole head a bunch of rolls using diff angles..slight pressure on the dermaroller. Right after I throw on that mixture of castor oil and coconut oil...leave on overnight..and I don't use anything else those days...other than that min and stem 2 times daily...steady progress so far. I will try and get some pics but only have camera phone...maybe the hdr setting will make for a better pic to show the dark dots and new Lil hairs...on a side note...when I started with the castor oil mixture my ear hair dropped a lot and grows a lot slower..not sure if related but a welcome change lol

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dercos neogenis of garnier is composed by alcohol denat.I don't know what it is.And benzyl alcohol

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vincent, how its possible that minoxidil didnt work for you. weren't you using 2% formula or what. Maybe you was on cycle - LOL

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know it's from stemox and not minoxidil? You can't know stemox did anything at all for your hair.
A person which don't use minoxidil ,but only dmso and stemo says that he has hair regrowth on his temple

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried neogenic before, seemed to make hair wispier and finer. Not good. I wonder if all the alcohol in these products can do damage.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried neogenic before, seemed to make hair wispier and finer. Not good. I wonder if all the alcohol in these products can do damage.
alcohol product gives me dermatitis.I do not put too and I use the dmso

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
It's possible, it doesn't work for many men. Well it might've slowed my hair loss down but I had really bad side effects and I had to stop.

You had sides from Stemoxydine? Can you elaborate on what they were? I'm hoping I don't get any from the minoxidil/stem combo.

RU seems very sketchy to me, why has it not been adopted by many users?