Stay away from finasteride PROPECIA PROSCAR.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, deep conversation happening here. But the fact of the matter is, we've come so far in terms of technology and medicine because of science. Look at the medieval times; the world was stagnant and it wasn't progressing, in fact it was regressing in terms of science and technology, there were common colds and flus killing people which we nowadays get everyday and treat it with medicine, it was a luxury to live into your 40s and 50s which we now take for granted, dying in your 40s/50s is a young age for someone to pass away in the modern age. For sure there are a minority that will respond badly to Finasteride, but the majority won't and for their hair science has been a godsend. The same can be said for every medicine; a small minorty might not repond very good to them but that doesn't mean that you can't take away the benefits from everyone else, so that's why I think science really should be relied upon more than a few freak incidents from people who have been on propecia.

And that Dr. Crisler seems like a joke, he goes on about bad mouthing Propecia and then in the next sentence tries to sell his own spironolactone cream, branding it as a cure for male pattern baldness, which even propecia isn't, yet he says that if he don't know the answer to something he'll just admit it. :shakehead:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
I AM AWESOME said:
And that Dr. Crisler seems like a joke, he goes on about bad mouthing Propecia and then in the next sentence tries to sell his own spironolactone cream, branding it as a cure for male pattern baldness, which even propecia isn't, yet he says that if he don't know the answer to something he'll just admit it. :shakehead:

He actually came on to this forum and said quite clearly that it was far from a cure. He even apologised for any misleading statements.

Not to mention he doesn't even push his spironolactone.

It's a little bit pathetic calling a top physician a "joke" without knowing all the facts. The facts are that Dr Crisler spends several hours each day posting on his forum (ATM) helping guys. He interacts with clients and other people in a way we could only dream of our own doctors to interact with us. He's actively trying to help us guys who have been hit hard by finasteride and he regularly holds tele-conferences with top doctors like Dr Shippin and Dr Jacobs trying to work out (together, no egos!!) their best ways of helping their patients.

A bit of respect, please.

cuebald

Reaction score
Wait - this guy is an anti-finasteride "hormonal genius" and he sells his own SPIRONOLACTONE? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cuebald

Reaction score
Posts like the ones in this section are why nobody in the other sections takes this/PH seriously. Someone comes in with a perfectly legit question and he is immediately labelled a "Merck shill" and a troll.

Are you seriously suggesting you have had a month long "brainfog headache" (whatever tf that is) because of 2mg of finasteride? How come when they did the study where they gave each patient something like 100mg (it was a dose many, many times over Proscar) DAILY of finasteride the only side effects reported by a few guys was ED/lowered libido?

I like what it says at the top of this board.

"Forum rules

Please remember that this forum is not an accurate representation of how common side effects are. The minority who do experience them tend to seek out online sources for help. Clinical study data is the only reliable source for this information. "

I bet Merck could add one other thing to the list of sides: OCD

Mens Rea

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Wait - this guy is an anti-finasteride "hormonal genius" and he sells his own SPIRONOLACTONE? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He prescribes it. He's a doctor.

WTF are you talking about?

Some doctors that even treat PFS guys have taken finasteride themselves before (or even do). How this pertains to his medical credentials i have no idea.

Only on the internet..

Mens Rea

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Are you seriously suggesting you have had a month long "brainfog headache" (whatever tf that is) because of 2mg of finasteride? How come when they did the study where they gave each patient something like 100mg (it was a dose many, many times over Proscar) DAILY of finasteride the only side effects reported by a few guys was ED/lowered libido?

Ehhhh what?

Where was this?

The proscar studies showed 8% sides.

I challenge you to take 100mg of finasteride for a few months and report back. Since you are so sure about these "clinical studies" put your dick where your mouth is . (Pun intended)

Please remember that this forum is not an accurate representation of how common side effects are. The minority who do experience them tend to seek out online sources for help. Clinical study data is the only reliable source for this information. "

Percentages, yeah. But the real risks for someone who does develop PFS? Not really.

I bet Merck could add one other thing to the list of sides: OCD

No comment merited but you lost a good degree of face from that comment.

Ende

Reaction score
Hey cuebald, do some research on Vioxx and Singulair and tell me what you think. Do a google search on "singulair lawsuit". Vioxx was made by Merck, and so is Singulair.

How is this possible? They have released 3 very dangerous drugs in relatively short time. Take a close look. People have got severely damaged by these drugs, and it's very hard to prove in all the cases.

hairflow

Reaction score
Back to report brainfog still here. Has not gone away. Fractured glass brain feeling.

I took finasteride for like 5 year's on and off no problem.

Went off for a while, started taking again, got a month long headache. Stopped. Couldnt figure what it was, went to doctor's etc. thought it was an ear infection.

Decided to go back on finasteride, took less than 2mg, same headache feeling came about. Here i am 10 days after reading the warnings, being stupid and taking anyway, and now bitching about the side effects.

It's just a matter of time before you'll get sides, that's my belief. All you guys who think 'it's in our head's' got another thing coming. Your time will come, just wait.

I bet you'll change your tune pretty quick :puke:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
hairflow said:
Back to report brainfog still here. Has not gone away. Fractured glass brain feeling.

I took finasteride for like 5 year's on and off no problem.

Went off for a while, started taking again, got a month long headache. Stopped. Couldnt figure what it was, went to doctor's etc. thought it was an ear infection.

Decided to go back on finasteride, took less than 2mg, same headache feeling came about. Here i am 10 days after reading the warnings, being stupid and taking anyway, and now bitching about the side effects.

It's just a matter of time before you'll get sides, that's my belief. All you guys who think 'it's in our head's' got another thing coming. Your time will come, just wait.

I bet you'll change your tune pretty quick :puke:

Don't let some of these guys tell you you cant get a headache from finasteride.

THere's a new user on PH with very similar complaints. He has it bad after only 7 weeks usage of finasteride.

hairflow

Reaction score
Something interesting about science;

The scientist has a lot of experience with ignorance and doubt and uncertainty, and this experience is of very great importance, I think. When a scientist doesn’t know the answer to a problem, he is ignorant. When he has a hunch as to what the result is, he is uncertain. And when he is pretty damn sure of what the result is going to be, he is still in some doubt. We have found it of paramount importance that in order to progress, we must recognize our ignorance and leave room for doubt. Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty — some most unsure, some nearly sure, but none absolutely certain. Now, we scientists are used to this, and we take it for granted that it is perfectly consistent to be unsure, that it is possible to live and not know. But I don’t know whether everyone realizes this is true. Our freedom to doubt was born out of a struggle against authority in the early days of science. It was a very deep and strong struggle: permit us to question — to doubt — to not be sure. I think that it is important that we do not forget this struggle and thus perhaps lose what we have gained.

Science can only tell us so much. That's FOR SURE!

hairflow

Reaction score
I'm here to report, that i am still experiencing a brainfog headache. Today has actually been worse than the last couple of days. I thought it was clearing up, but it definitely hasn't. Can anyone relate to the 'fractured glass' feeling and pain in the rear portion of the skull?

hairflow

Reaction score
Just found this post. How sad.

"finasteride virtually neutered me in 1999. I still haven't recovered. I'd rather have been utterly bald at 17 than to have tried that. In fact, I'm OK with my baldness now, I'm scouring the boards for a cure for what finasteride did. Stopping or reversing baldness is a secondary desire.

We've got to stop trying to play god. It's only going to kill us.

hairflow

Reaction score
Im happy to report, that my brainfog for the most part has lifted. Thank god. I will never ever EVER touch finasteride again.

Ive learned some important lessons; the more you fight god's will, the more you will suffer. Simple as that.

Deeply surrender, it's the only way to peace, contentment and a truly happy life.

As soon as those side effects came up, hairloss was definitely the last thing on my mind. We've got it pretty good, to be able to sit here and type into our computers and communicate from the heart.

There are many many worse places to be, and hairloss has NOTHING to do with it.

Surrender or suffer. That's the risk your taking.

Best to all.

HF

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
hairflow said:
Im happy to report, that my brainfog for the most part has lifted. Thank god. I will never ever EVER touch finasteride again.

Ive learned some important lessons; the more you fight god's will, the more you will suffer. Simple as that.

Deeply surrender, it's the only way to peace, contentment and a truly happy life.

As soon as those side effects came up, hairloss was definitely the last thing on my mind. We've got it pretty good, to be able to sit here and type into our computers and communicate from the heart.

Best to all.

HF
Sad, man, I really feel for you. :sobbing: Good thing you recovered, man. But one thing irks me;Why the f*** are you giving up, dude. There's more alternatives out there, granted it may be a hassle such as RU,CB etc. Come on man, don't just let Hairloss dictate you, you have to take control and constrain that b**ch.

hairflow

Reaction score
I AM AWESOME said:
hairflow said:

Best to all.

HF
Sad, man, I really feel for you. :sobbing: Good thing you recovered, man. But one thing irks me;Why the f*** are you giving up, dude. There's more alternatives out there, granted it may be a hassle such as RU,CB etc. Come on man, don't just let Hairloss dictate you, you have to take control and constrain that b**ch.

That's exactly it, i don't let hairloss dictate me. I'm done, i don't care if i lose my hair. I'm not trying to impress anyone, simple as that.

I've surrendered. That's it, that's all.

When i surrender fully every day, and pray for god's will, the amount of hair on my head has nothing to do with it.

I am a man, my hair falls out. It's that simple, why fight it? I am a man.

Whatever anyone else think's about me, is none of my business.

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
My brainfog headache wasn't nearly as bad today It is still there lingering quietly in the background. Less than 2 mg did this to me. I'm pretty sure eventually it will clear up, but im going to log the amount of time it takes.
How long did it take?

adseban

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took ONLY 3 1/8th 5mG tablets and have this headache that will not quit. Since deciding recently to try finasteride again was a BIG mistake. I now have this headache that will not go away. I got this headache earlier too when i took a quarter 5mg pill, but i thought it was from training too hard. That headache didn't go away for almost a month. I've taken next to none, and have had significant side effects including limpness. I'm wondering how long it's going to take for this headache to go away now. Today i was cranky and brain fogged ALL DAY. It honestly ruined my day. I ONLY TOOK 2 mg over 4 days! THIS IS SERIOUS! Im on like day 4 of CONSTANT HEADACHE.

Before somebody writes "headaches aren't a side effect of finasteride" THEY SHOULD BE, because im positive this is related to taking finasteride. NO DOUBT! I was so stupid to try it again. I thought i was one of those guys who wouldn't happen to get sides but i did. I would highly recommend to anyone pondering taking it DON'T! This stuff is dangerous and all the horror stories you read are true. Don't think it won't happen to you because it can and will. Take your pill's and throw them in the garbage.

We are men. Our hair falls out. That's the way it is. Surrender to god's will because your self will' will kill you. I think it look's manly and that's the way it is. Don't be afraid to be who you are, because were not running the show. God is. The more you try and do it yourself, the more you suffer.

I read all the warnings, and i did it anyway. I feel so stupid. SO SO STUPID! It sucks i always have to suffer before i learn how to change. There is no wisdom in my behaviour. BE WISE and LISTEN! Don't risk the damage.

IF your wise, you'll see the signs and make the decision to not take finasteride. ITS ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH THE RISK. If your stupid like me, you'll do it anyway.

For the people on here who are pro finasteride, this is my opinion, and i would appreciate if you would not post in this thread.

Yes... Have the same thing. Took it for a week, and persistant constant headache, feel like I'm hungover, but constantly.
Stopped the drug for 2 days, praying it goes away.
Thank god libido and erection haven't been affected.

We read all these post about propecia and are like "yeah this is the loud minority... my *** ! Can't even imagine what this drug does to you if you take it for years and years...