Stay away from finasteride PROPECIA PROSCAR.

hairflow

Reaction score
I took ONLY 3 1/8th 5mG tablets and have this headache that will not quit. Since deciding recently to try finasteride again was a BIG mistake. I now have this headache that will not go away. I got this headache earlier too when i took a quarter 5mg pill, but i thought it was from training too hard. That headache didn't go away for almost a month. I've taken next to none, and have had significant side effects including limpness. I'm wondering how long it's going to take for this headache to go away now. Today i was cranky and brain fogged ALL DAY. It honestly ruined my day. I ONLY TOOK 2 mg over 4 days! THIS IS SERIOUS! Im on like day 4 of CONSTANT HEADACHE.

Before somebody writes "headaches aren't a side effect of finasteride" THEY SHOULD BE, because im positive this is related to taking finasteride. NO DOUBT! I was so stupid to try it again. I thought i was one of those guys who wouldn't happen to get sides but i did. I would highly recommend to anyone pondering taking it DON'T! This stuff is dangerous and all the horror stories you read are true. Don't think it won't happen to you because it can and will. Take your pill's and throw them in the garbage.

We are men. Our hair falls out. That's the way it is. Surrender to god's will because your self will' will kill you. I think it look's manly and that's the way it is. Don't be afraid to be who you are, because were not running the show. God is. The more you try and do it yourself, the more you suffer.

I read all the warnings, and i did it anyway. I feel so stupid. SO SO STUPID! It sucks i always have to suffer before i learn how to change. There is no wisdom in my behaviour. BE WISE and LISTEN! Don't risk the damage.

IF your wise, you'll see the signs and make the decision to not take finasteride. ITS ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH THE RISK. If your stupid like me, you'll do it anyway.

For the people on here who are pro finasteride, this is my opinion, and i would appreciate if you would not post in this thread.

hairflow

Reaction score
Just look at these posts. These people are spending thousands on medical bill's testing their hormones, and having major health event's months later being off the drug;

This is very serious and very real. I really hope this headache goes away soon!

Please be wise, don't be stupid like me. Im writing this so i can hopefully save someone else pain and remorse, and it has nothing to do with my hair falling out. Your insides are much more precious than what you see on the outside. Be very careful as to what you ingest.

BE WISE, SEE THE SIGNS, AND SAY NO. DON"T BE STUPID LIKE ME!

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree! Come to think of it, I had a headache that lasted all day when I was on finasteride as well! And I got a cold once too -- surely that was from the finasteride! And I ate an entire pizza by myself and had horrible heartburn; I'm positive that was from the finasteride!

It truly is the Devil's drug. It causes every ailment known to mankind!

hairflow

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I agree! Come to think of it, I had a headache that lasted all day when I was on finasteride as well! And I got a cold once too -- surely that was from the finasteride! And I ate an entire pizza by myself and had horrible heartburn; I'm positive that was from the finasteride!

It truly is the Devil's drug. It causes every ailment known to mankind!

Please respect my wishes and don't post in this thread.

hairflow

Reaction score
For the people out there who may be sincerely looking for help on making a decision whether to take this drug or not;

There is an unusual frequency of pro'finasteride users in this forum who like to attack people trying to help you from seeing the dark and depressing side of this drug. I'm an average man, taking my time, to write to you so you will not have to go through what i'm going through.

The character of these individuals obviously do not care about your health or you having an informed decision on whether or not to take this drug.

I will not respond to your trolling, flaming posts. I will only report them.

My personal experience with it, was at first positive, but is now negative. Be closely aware of your body before, and while taking this drug, if you choose to do so, head all the warnings. You can dig a hole too deep and never recover, with very little. The evidence is everywhere.

Ende

Reaction score
I've experienced a lot of side effects, but never headache, and I've never heard of anyone mentioning headache (or limpness!) from use of finasteride, until now. However, it's a dangerous drug, and people reacts differently. I recently read about a man who got seriously fucked up by hGH. His story was bizarre, and the doctors can't figure out what's causing the problems. BUT that doesn't mean that people shouldn't use hGH.

Anyway, I recommend that you see a doctor and do some tests, as persistent headache may be caused by something else. I'm not saying that what you experience isn't caused by Propecia, but you want to be sure.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
As Dr Crisler says, he is no longer surprised at any side effect of propecia.

TS, you're right. Many guys have ruined their lives from propecia. One guy in particular is travelling all of the world trying to find the best treatment. He's still living through this hell even now.

hairflow

Reaction score
Enden said:
I've experienced a lot of side effects, but never headache, and I've never heard of anyone mentioning headache (or limpness!) from use of finasteride, until now. However, it's a dangerous drug, and people reacts differently. I recently read about a man who got seriously f***ed up by hGH. His story was bizarre, and the doctors can't figure out what's causing the problems. BUT that doesn't mean that people shouldn't use hGH.

Anyway, I recommend that you see a doctor and do some tests, as persistent headache may be caused by something else. I'm not saying that what you experience isn't caused by Propecia, but you want to be sure.

I went to a doctor after the first episode of this headache. I thought i may have had an ear infection. He took my blood pressure, told me it was low (probably due to me meditating in the waiting room) and told me to have a coffee. This was with weeks of the headache not subsiding. It finally subsided after a month and a week. Fastest $60 i've ever spent. Don't think ill go back for anymore 'tests.' I'll let the body do it on it's own.

Limpness in the groin area is what im referring too, im sure you've heard many stories like that. Both symptoms arrived at the same time.

Im not sure what hGH is. What were your side effects and how long did they persist? Can you explain what a crash is?

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairflow, you are an absolutely perfect example of many things I have been saying for the last couple months.

You are on and off finasteride, eternally conflicted about the negative side effects that you think might happen. You are clearly extremely anxious, post multiple threads worrying about finasteride. You try it for a bit and (no surprise) have a bad experience.

Now, you're posting saying how dangerous it is and that nobody should go on it. You now claim you have a persistent headache (a side effect that nobody reports on finasteride) and will likely blame anything else that goes wrong in your life on it.

I'm sorry to be so rude, but people like you are what's wrong with the hair loss community. You are spreading misinformation based on your own experience, and setting out to demonize something that the vast majority of people tolerate very well. It's extremely clear to me that your negative experience was caused by your questionable mental state. Whatever the cause, people like Mens Rea and Enden are suffering from REAL problems. You have a headache. Get a grip, man.

Also, you posted your thread on a public forum. You have no right to tell people that they can't post in your thread.

finasteride clearly isn't for you. You've quit it; move on. If you continue to entertain the thought that finasteride has caused permanent problems (even a headache) you will eventually convince yourself of more serious persistent sexual problems that aren't real. Get out while you can, because you are on a slippery slope.

Ende

Reaction score
hairflow said:
Limpness in the groin area is what im referring too, im sure you've heard many stories like that. Both symptoms arrived at the same time.

Im not sure what hGH is. What were your side effects and how long did they persist? Can you explain what a crash is?
Ah, yes, ED is a common symptom. hGH is human growth hormone. This is the story I was referring to; Tev-Tropin gave me Vision, Nerve and Brain Damage.

A crash is when people improve after quitting finasteride, and then suddenly everything goes to hell, and the people get worse symptoms than they had while using the drug.

I've been battling side effects for 2 - 3 years on the drug, and this is my 4 th month off. I was off the drug for 6 months after I got damaged as well (it took 4 months), without any improvement, so I went back on to maintain my hair, while figuring out how to solve the problem. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59803

hairflow

Reaction score
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4]

"Do not feed the trolls"

Thank you for remaining on topic Enden. I will review those posts.

Ende

Reaction score
Note; Merck states that all the subjects hormone values returned to baseline values within two weeks after the last pill, which means that everything should be normal within 2 weeks, or a month - which I say.

hairflow

Reaction score
Enden said:
Note; Merck states that all the subjects hormone values returned to baseline values within two weeks after the last pill, which means that everything should be normal within 2 weeks, or a month - which I say.

Ha, you believe what they say?! Don't be a fool! Your hair deep in evidence man!

Ende

Reaction score
hairflow said:
Enden said:

Ha, you believe what they say?! Don't be a fool! Your hair deep in evidence man!
What? My point was that this information is only available in the leaflet for those who prescribe Propecia; the doctors, but yet, no one seem to be aware of this. However, the hormone levels doesn't return to baseline values in all cases - and most of us don't have any evidence because a blood test - to map hormone levels - isn't mandatory before prescribing the medication, that's the problem!

Ende

Reaction score
Merck don't want you to know this, that's why I'm mentioning it. The refused to give me the information, but I found out anyway, because the leaflet is available to the public.

hairflow

Reaction score
Enden said:
Merck don't want you to know this, that's why I'm mentioning it. The refused to give me the information, but I found out anyway, because the leaflet is available to the public.

My apologies Enden. I misread the tone of your post. I read your story. I really hope you find the resolve you need. I've been at propeciahelp reading some of the success and recovery story's. Give's hope and stimulates healing. One guy claiming he's lifted his 'brain fog' from a raw food diet.

Maybe 'headache' and 'brainfog' are closely related if not the same thing eh?

Im off to bed. Hopefully ill wake up tomorrow and this headache will be gone. I say that every night. Sorry brainfog.

Goodnight.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
hairflow said:
Enden said:

What? My point was that this information is only available in the leaflet for those who prescribe Propecia; the doctors, but yet, no one seem to be aware of this. However, the hormone levels doesn't return to baseline values in all cases - and most of us don't have any evidence because a blood test - to map hormone levels - isn't mandatory before prescribing the medication, that's the problem!
I was 25 yrs old or so when started taking propecia....if I experienced a sexual side 7 yrs later, whose to say how much of the change (if any) in hormone levels are due to finasteride or due to aging or a combination thereof? Merck is getting away with one here ;)

What specific tests should one ask for though?

Ende

Reaction score
Andropause is normal, and many men notice symptoms in their 30's. If you have serious problems, quit Propecia and get on TRT if they don't resolve. All your problems should resolve within a while. This is not the case for people who get damaged by finasteride. They don't seem to respond to TRT at all, and that's the really scary part. Merck won't get away with this.

LH, FSH, testosterone, estrogen, prolactin and SHBG.

hairflow

Reaction score
My brainfog headache wasn't nearly as bad today It is still there lingering quietly in the background. Less than 2 mg did this to me. I'm pretty sure eventually it will clear up, but im going to log the amount of time it takes.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
StoptheMadness said:

What specific tests should one ask for though?

Essential:

Testosterone
Oestradiol (Estrogen...E2)
Prolactin
SHBG

LH
FSH

TSH (Thyroid)

I would also request:

Progesterone
Cortisol
IGF-1

Liver function test
Full Thryoid Profile (Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3)