Starting to give up...

brent20

Reaction score
Its been awhile since I've been on this site. I made this account when I was 20. I started balding when I was 17...I am 26 now. Since then I have graduated with a bachelors in nutrition and I am halfway done with my masters. I have started my own company that sells sport supplements to follow my dream while advancing my education and looking for a full time job to support my dream.

All of this may seem positive to most people and don't get me wrong I was happy about all of these aspects of my life but recently i've been feeling incredibly depressed because all of my friends are getting married or are dating someone for quite sometime now and have full heads of hair so I am the odd man out. (I am currently stuck between an NW3-NW4). I use to not have issues getting girlfriends but as my hair started to get worse...the number of dates have gotten less and less.

I haven't officially dated anyone since I was 21. I have gone on many dates since then but they never materialized into anything serious...mostly because they ended up dating someone else who "suprisingly" had a full head of hair. I am a fit and healthy guy because I love eating well and working out. I work out 5 times a week so i am toned and muscular. However, having a good body does not trump going bald or at least I have learned that over the years because the guys with full heads of hair that beat me out were usually super skinny or chubby and never stepped foot in a gym. I know it's not my personality because I know i'm a great guy that is funny (at least that is what i've been told by the rejectees and friends that I have that are girls...so logically I have concluded hair loss as the reason) and i have a lot of friends so I know I am likeable...at least in that aspect.

Right now, I just feel really depressed because I really would like to meet someone because i'm not getting any younger and not only i'm I heckled about my hair loss on a daily basis...I am now heckled about how long its been since i've dated someone. It's really taking a toll on my confidence and mental state. I have started to lose interest in working out...something that I've always loved and i'm losing interest in promoting my company because I am not happy with myself anymore...I don't know what to do...I thought about signing up for a dating site but from reading on here that sounds like a terrible idea and i've tried going on quite a few dates with people my friends knew or through family friends over the years but i've gotten rejected or they picked some other guy instead of me...it has happened so many times now that my confidence is shattered...I just feel like i'm wasting what should be the best years of my life in depression...sorry for the rambling guys...I just don't have anyone else to talk to about this because no one else understands. :dunno:

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
definitely look into hair systems before giving up. My dad has been wearing a full hair system for a long time and nobody has the foggiest idea his hair is fake - he goes swimming, showers and exercises in temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius and it always stays on.

you only live once. you may as well give life your best shot. there is literally nothing else to do.

B

Beingbaldsucks

i know what your saying, when your not happy with yourself you can't live, you cant work, you cant do anything cuz you ain't got the mutivation.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm right there with you. I see all these guys walking down the street with a beautiful girl hanging on to them and I can just imagin how her soft body must feel to that guy who, of course, has a full head of hair. I never ever see a balding guy with a girl on his arm. It makes me sick to my stomach that because of stupid hairloss I cannot get a pretty girl for the life of me. It's hard to feel like a man when you are worthless to women. It looks like I'm doomed to a life of internet p**rn to keep me company.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I am ugly as well plus have a bleak future. I try to cope with this by focusing on my career and coming to terms with being alone. At some point I will probably get extremely lonely.

B

Beingbaldsucks

The bald guys who are successful with woman in my country are usually people from the entreteiment industry, script writers,directors,comedians,musicians and so on

B

Beingbaldsucks

Captain Obvious said:
I'm right there with you. I see all these guys walking down the street with a beautiful girl hanging on to them and I can just imagin how her soft body must feel to that guy who, of course, has a full head of hair. I never ever see a balding guy with a girl on his arm. It makes me sick to my stomach that because of stupid hairloss I cannot get a pretty girl for the life of me. It's hard to feel like a man when you are worthless to women. It looks like I'm doomed to a life of internet p**rn to keep me company.
I sew bald guys with nice woman but all of them were tall, it's really the only thing that can compensate, but if your short youl look like a freak

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not try a dating website? Put your picture up there and girls who don't have a problem with hairloss will contact you. That will take all of the guess work out of it.

brent20

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I might try a dating site and see what happens...I figure what else do I have to lose at this point besides more hair and maybe suffering more rejection :dunno: Maybe I will luck out and a girl who doesn't care so much about hair loss will talk to me or at least I can dream right? :mrgreen:

B

Beingbaldsucks

brent20 said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I might try a dating site and see what happens...I figure what else do I have to lose at this point besides more hair and maybe suffering more rejection :dunno: Maybe I will luck out and a girl who doesn't care so much about hair loss will talk to me or at least I can dream right? :mrgreen:

dating site wont do you any good becuase everything there is about looks,you CANT compete with hair guys on looks, just continue with your life and save the money for a good hair transplant

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
dating site wont do you any good becuase everything there is about looks,you CANT compete with hair guys on looks, just continue with your life and save the money for a good hair transplant

Yeah because spending thousands of £££s of hard earned money just for a hair transplant doctor to come and mutilate and disfigure your scalp is really going to help! :shakehead:

Look at Rooney, he's on finasteride and minoxidil, spent over £10 000 on a hair transplant and it still looks like sh*t. Like all hair transplants, it looked good when it was really short, but now he's grown it out long it looks all straggly and thin, even non-norwood spotters are going to think it looks odd, no density there at all behind his hairline.

Brent, I agree maybe you should try the online dating thing, it sounds like you've got a lot to offer and you're in good shape so as long as you're honest and don't try to hide your hairloss in photos, I'm sure you'd get a very decent response from non-shallow girls who genuinely want to meet a good man.

Also, it is much better like you say, than being introduced to a girl through a friend or a friend of a friend, where the girl always has the upper hand and is constantly comparing you against all your male friends in terms of, looks, height, job, money, career prospects etc. I avoid these type of proposals for exactly this reason, you're just putting yourself in a bad position while giving her all the power.

T

TravisB

Primo said:
Look at Rooney, he's on finasteride and minoxidil, spent over £10 000 on a hair transplant and it still looks like sh*t. Like all hair transplants, it looked good when it was really short, but now he's grown it out long it looks all straggly and thin, even non-norwood spotters are going to think it looks odd, no density there at all behind his hairline.

Care to post a pic/vid?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Primo said:

Care to post a pic/vid?

Anyone who watched the Soccer Aid match on Sunday will know what I'm talking about. He did a half time interview and under the harsh light you could see how uneven his hair looked. Long fringe and good density at the front, then all this diffuse patchy stuff behind.

You can't see it that great in the video cos the picture definition is not great, but it's a piss poor job especially given it cost £10 000. Look at the comments in the article..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... o-cut.html

Here's the video, you can tell he's scared shitless of all that harsh light beaming down on his head, I feel a bit sorry for the guy to be honest.

[youtube:26xz8jwu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz8A2F_bp-c&feature=related[/youtube:26xz8jwu]

I'm just yet to be convinced by any of these celebrity transplants, none of them look real once the hair has been grown out longer than an inch or two, poor density is still a problem, even for these guys on their huge celebrity budgets.

B

Beingbaldsucks

first of all Rooney is an ugly dude, with or without hair, second I allwayes hated how people aim for long hair with hair transplant, I thought more about a hair transplant that will give me the shaved head look, keep it as short as can be, btw if you guys wanna see someone who really own the bald look, everton goalkeeper, I forgot the name, maybe the best looking bald guys I sew, another thing that I think is obvious to he most of us, if you bald the first thing you need to do to at least minimize the ugliness is to tanne yourself, as much as possible, cuz white pinky bald guys looks horrible.

T

TravisB

Everton keeper, you mean Tim Howard?

178420.png

B

Beingbaldsucks

TravisB said:
Everton keeper, you mean Tim Howard?

178420.png
Yep, first or that he's tanned as he'll or he's African American or a Latino, I'm not sure, but brownish skin look much better on a bald guy, second he has pretty face, green eyes and small forehead, and also tall, he got all the features to compensate his baldness, I can tell that this guy never had problems getting girls, lucky bastard

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
hair transplants are a cure for nw3 and less

for nw4 and up u wud have to keep it short and use body hair if u didnt want to use concealer

wayne shudnt have grown it out

im pretty sure someone told him not to

too many soccer balls to the head :0

Reaction score
Are you telling me now that hair transplant will do no good, because I wear my hair long?

Wow, looks like there isn't a point to living after all.