Starting The Big Three What To Expect ?

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the side effects. You could start on half the dosage of finasteride if you were really worried. I've been on propecia(same stuff) 8 months with no side effects. I think you are going in with the right combo if you want regrowth. I'm 8 months into propecia and 3 weeks into Minoxidil

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I also tapered onto finasteride as was initially concerned about sides. I took half the standard dose (even maybe even less than half!) and increased the dose gradually.

I've been on finasteride a number of years with no sides - with the exception of slightly more watery semen (but realistically, that's difficult to judge!).

The Gardener

Reaction score
Starting a minoxidil/Finasteride regimen?

Expect improvement!

Well documented scientific study has shown that the majority of people who start these treatments see cosmetically significant improvements to your hairline, hair quality, and hair thickness OVER AND ABOVE the baseline you had going into the regimen.

I got a minoxidil side... dandruff. This abated with time, and with adding Nizoral shampoo 3x/week. After that, back to normal.

I got Finasteride sides. Now, don't panic until you read my WHOLE response... For the first few months, I had a sort of lowered "penis sensitivity", for lack of a better way to express it. It was NOT like ED, or "whiskey dick". I could get hard and come... I think the best way I can describe it is that it took a little more stimulation during, say, masturbation before I came. During these first few months, I felt like my "resting dick" just seemed smaller than normal. Now, when I started whacking off, it popped back up into shape and I came easily... Finasteride was not a "show stopper". But, I could tell that the med was doing sh*t "down there".

But here's the good news... at about month two and a half, I had a period of a few weeks where things totally reversed. During this period I was waking up with raging hard ons and would come like a summer breeze. And I was hornier than f***.

At about month three, it felt like things were back to normal.

For me, from my personal experience, the sensation I had was that there was a hormonal shock for a few months... and even during this, I still had no problem performing, but I could still "feel" that something was going on "down there"... then it "felt" like my body was trying to compensate for it... and then a few weeks later, things "felt" like they were "balancing out" again.

And after that, up to today... I pop the finasteride once a day, and don't notice ANY effect on things. All good!

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t yet started the finestrade I’m still unsure if I can take the side effects but I’m 3 weeks into my rogaine and regenpure can’t notice any changes yet still losing hair

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting a minoxidil/Finasteride regimen?

Expect improvement!

Well documented scientific study has shown that the majority of people who start these treatments see cosmetically significant improvements to your hairline, hair quality, and hair thickness OVER AND ABOVE the baseline you had going into the regimen.

I got a minoxidil side... dandruff. This abated with time, and with adding Nizoral shampoo 3x/week. After that, back to normal.

I got Finasteride sides. Now, don't panic until you read my WHOLE response... For the first few months, I had a sort of lowered "penis sensitivity", for lack of a better way to express it. It was NOT like ED, or "whiskey dick". I could get hard and come... I think the best way I can describe it is that it took a little more stimulation during, say, masturbation before I came. During these first few months, I felt like my "resting dick" just seemed smaller than normal. Now, when I started whacking off, it popped back up into shape and I came easily... Finasteride was not a "show stopper". But, I could tell that the med was doing sh*t "down there".

But here's the good news... at about month two and a half, I had a period of a few weeks where things totally reversed. During this period I was waking up with raging hard ons and would come like a summer breeze. And I was hornier than f***.

At about month three, it felt like things were back to normal.

For me, from my personal experience, the sensation I had was that there was a hormonal shock for a few months... and even during this, I still had no problem performing, but I could still "feel" that something was going on "down there"... then it "felt" like my body was trying to compensate for it... and then a few weeks later, things "felt" like they were "balancing out" again.

And after that, up to today... I pop the finasteride once a day, and don't notice ANY effect on things. All good!
Thanks for the long reply I see some positives but I’ve been reading a lot and it’s just making me think is it worth it I’m very into my bodybuilding and I’ve heard it takes a toll on the way you look and the strength you have any thoughts ?

The Gardener

Reaction score
I am also a weightlifter, did not notice any effects on that at all, either in my lifting intensity or my cut.

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also a weightlifter, did not notice any effects on that at all, either in my lifting intensity or my cut.
How’s it going mate I’ve have caused all this HairLoss from abusing steroids and now I’m paying for it ! So this is my first week on finasteride i was worried to start it so you’ve not had any problems then gaining size/ strength

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the side effects. You could start on half the dosage of finasteride if you were really worried. I've been on propecia(same stuff) 8 months with no side effects. I think you are going in with the right combo if you want regrowth. I'm 8 months into propecia and 3 weeks into Minoxidil
Thanks mate I’ve took the plunge five days into finasteride and a month into rogaine shed a lot off the rogaine

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks mate I’ve took the plunge five days into finasteride and a month into rogaine shed a lot off the rogaine

Yeh don't worry too much about the shed. I think I started shedding from about 3 weeks- 7 weeks. The shed stopped for me within the last week. Take photos monthly mate to monitor your progress as it's much easier to monitor it that way as looking at your hair every day, you might not notice the regrowth as much