Starting shedding little tiny baby hairs....

Maxine

Reaction score
Oh no! What does this mean? I am 5 months into my Rogaine/xandrox treatment and all of a sudden, the past few days I have been seeing little tiny thin hairs anywhere from 1/8th to 1/2" on my collar or brushed into the bathroom sink. There aren't many of them but this disturbs me since my progress has been so good up to this point. I have not missed any doses nor decreased my dosage of Rogaine or any other product I am using so I don't know what's up with the little short baby hairs coming out. Has anyone else experienced this baby hair shedding? And if so, what does this mean?
thanks
Maxine

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Maxine, it could simply mean that a new and stronger hair is growing in and it pushed out the baby hair and will replace it. You're doing great, hang in there!

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Maxine,
I think TotalDisphair is correct. This may actually be a GOOD sign. :)
it could simply mean that a new and stronger hair is growing in and it pushed out the baby hair and will replace it.

Maxine

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement! Well, my hair still looks pretty darn thick now on the top so that's a good thing. I am feeling so much better about myself lately. People are starting to notice and comment. They say things like, your hair looks so good lately! So bouncy and full! Are you taking hair vitamins? I just smile. Besides cutting my hair above shoulder length a couple of months ago and getting rid of those skimpy ends, it really has filled in. I can't wait to start the Xandrox 12% when it comes in. This is supposed to grow hair in areas that have been unresponsive. The sides of my head are still sparse but even now show a little bit of improvement. There is some "fuzz" growing in so I'm not giving up hope. I may just yet regrow my hair like it was when I was 20! Persistence pays off.
:) Maxine

G

Hi Maxine!

I'm glad that the minoxidil is working out for you well. Do you find that the Xandrox is less greasy than the Rogaine?

Laura

PS if you could post in the women's forum here at http://www.heralopecia.com/forum that would be great :)

G

rogaine

hi Ladies
just wanted to ask you about rogaine, I was thinking to go on it, as I just found a solution for my bad hair loss lasted for the last 2 years. My hair stopped falling out, because of the BCP, but the BCP was also the reson of my hair loss. So now i am back on it :( but my hair is getting better and i want to fill in the places i ve lost my hair from. Do you think rogaine might help? but i was trying it 1 year ago and i didnt like the greasy look of my hair, can something be done about the greasy look?
i am afraid to stop BCP to loose the rest of my hair do you know how to avoid it, the problem is that pill makes me overweight.
Anna

Maxine

Reaction score
Hi Anna. I find that the Xandrox solution I ordered from Minoxidil.com does not make my hair feel greasy. I did however go through a shed for a couple of months while waiting for it to work. I now have a full head of hair at the crown and am just waiting for the sides to fill in. I wish you the best!
Maxine