Starting My Regimen Today - Before Pics Included

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah man, you're going bald for sure. How old are you? Your hair looks very similar to mine in the front and temples, but I have a good of diffusion around the crown. You look liek a really good candidate for response, but you need to be on Proscar. It's sooo important.

Even when these other more natural products may indeed be working, that DHT is still attacking those hair follicles resulting in minimal hair health to maintenance or either the DHT is still too strong for the follicle and will just only slow down the baldness.

Finasteride will block the DHT from the follicle and the nutrients from the vitamins, Nizoral, etc. will soak in and do it's thing. finasteride will also grow new hair. Ive been on finasteride, nizoral 2%, multivitamins, flax, and MSM for 2 and a half months and I had a TON of dark vellus hairs popping up a whole inch down from my hairline and on the temples.

My temples is where im noticing the first real response with it thickening and getting darker right on the edge above the ears. Also the very front of your hair is very similar to mine in thickness and that area has also thickened up a bit with more im sure to come. My hair has gotten thicker all over and no longer feels dry and dead around the crown. No doubt the sh*t is working, but it's gonna take time. If you must go all natural, flax is known to inhibit DHT as well. That's my advice.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep male pattern baldness!

But you're not too bad (by my shabby standards).

- Folligen Lotion To Hairline Only At Bedtime
This will help a little, but will do next to nothing to halt the onslaught of DHT, Folligen is best used as part of a more robust multi-modal approach

- Nizoral 2% Three Times A Week
Again this will help a little to prevent inflammation and mildly inhibit synthesis of DHT from sterols in the scalp, but not enough to make significant difference

- American Crew Revitalize Shampoo And Conditioner With Copper Peptides And Saw Palmetto Once A Day
As above

- 320 mg Standardized Saw Palmetto Extract Soft Gel With 85-95% Fatty Acids Once A Day
There is no evidence showing saw palmetto inhibits DHT outside of the prostate by any measurable amount, there is much in the way of anecdotal evidence to show that saw palmetto causes prolonged shedding of the hair.

- Green Tea Extract Capsul Once a Day

- Centrium Complete With Lycopine Once A Day

Again as above, both of these may help fractionally but no more.

I would say to anyone on this regime that you should expect your hair loss to progress, without addressing the underlying issue of dihydrotestosterone levels in your scalp with a solid proven treatment it would be wrong (in the great majority of people) to expect otherwise.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
TO me your hair is at the make it or break it point.

Get on the proven treatments and you'll halt if not recover a lot of the density at the front.

Skip the provens and you may regret it in a couple of years time as its still not bad, but in a couple of years it probably will get a lot more noticable.

Thats just my idea, im facing similar circumstances.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
defo male pattern baldness, you need stronger stuff like propecia or dutasteride combined with minoxidil... those stuff you listed wont make much difference on your hair, maybe just health

G

Well I guess im just not ready to start losing more hair (shedding). As of now, I hardly ever see hair falling out. I run my hands through it, and usually never even see any in my hand. It never clogs my shower drain, and never ends up on my pillow. Its been falling out VERY slowly since I was 22, and Im 26 now. If it wasnt for shedding and man-boobs, I probably would try propecia and minoxidil.

G

chaotic646 said:
Well I guess im just not ready to start losing more hair (shedding). As of now, I hardly ever see hair falling out. I run my hands through it, and usually never even see any in my hand. It never clogs my shower drain, and never ends up on my pillow. Its been falling out VERY slowly since I was 22, and Im 26 now. If it wasnt for shedding and man-boobs, I probably would try propecia and minoxidil.

It's your choice dude, but without finasteride or minoxidil your hair will only get worse.

If your not too bothered by it, shave it off, live your life, and don't think about it again. :D

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeh if your not too bothered, just leave it or shave it.

Otherwise, i reccomend going on the finasteride, .5mg a day will be all you need to keep it, without the side effects.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Your not at the starting point of hair loss so i would strongly recommend the big 3 (finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil). I tried that natural approach things didnt get better. Dont waste anymore time....

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
get on finasteride or other dht preventing option, or else in my opinion no point in wasting time, energy or effort in testing this so called natural products.

If you are afraid of sides with finasteride, see your family doctor. He will tell you that sides are rare and go away once you stop finasteride.

G

techprof said:
get on finasteride or other dht preventing option, or else in my opinion no point in wasting time, energy or effort in testing this so called natural products.

If you are afraid of sides with finasteride, see your family doctor. He will tell you that sides are rare and go away once you stop finasteride.

Gyno wont go away after discontinued use of finasteride. Besides, even if I wanted to start on finasteride, my doctor already refused to give me a prescription for proscar and I cant afford propecia. I know about the online pharmacies, but Ive been reading a lot of reports of people getting ripped off by them by getting counterfeit drugs. How do you guys know what you're getting from inhousepharmacy.com or whatever is really finasteride? I dont have any way of breaking them down to examine whats in them.

SandmanPHAZ

Reaction score
Gyno wont go away after discontinued use of finasteride

What's Gyno?

How do you guys know what you're getting from inhousepharmacy.com or whatever is really finasteride? I dont have any way of breaking them down to examine whats in them.

Hmm...because it works? :roll:

G

Gyno = b**ch tits

And most people who order their finasteride online also use minoxidil and other treatments along with it so it may not be the finasteride from the online pharmacy thats giving the results. It could also be psychological.

SandmanPHAZ

Reaction score
Well I've been using generic Fincar for a few years now and my hairloss came to an abrupt halt...I've hardly had any receding since using 1.25mg/day.

Who knows, if I never started it, I might look as awful as you. That's not psychological.

G

Wow, arent you a prick. My hair is far from looking "awful". Im not saying Fincar doesnt work, but if you order it online from some company overseas theres no way of being sure its not counterfeit unless you have a way to break it down and analyze it. I just dont want to get ripped off. There are many experiments where a subject is given a sugar pill and told it is something else and it actually works because the person believes its working. The mind can be very powerful.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
chaotic646 I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve here?!
You are asking questions but don't want the answers?

People are telling you the truth here: Your all natural regimen will not bring your hairloss to a halt - only finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil and other meds.

G

PartTimeNinja said:
chaotic646 I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve here?!
You are asking questions but don't want the answers?

People are telling you the truth here: Your all natural regimen will not bring your hairloss to a halt - only finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil and other meds.

I dont deny results would be better with finasteride. I know an all natural regimen may not work very well. But I cant afford propecia, my doctor wont prescribe me proscar, and I dont feel safe ordering from some online pharmacy. Counterfeiting is very common these days. I recently got ripped off on a pair of counterfeit nike's I bought on ebay from some guy in the phillipines and I dont trust ordering anything from overseas anymore. Has anyone ever tried using ONLY finasteride from one of these online pharmacies and had results?

SandmanPHAZ

Reaction score
I recently got ripped off on a pair of counterfeit nike's I bought on ebay from some guy in the phillipines and I dont trust ordering anything from overseas anymore.

:roll:

A filipino guy selling fake nikes on ebay is not in the same league as an Indian pharmaceutical company making billions selling generic drugs.

Not only is ordering medication online from overseas companies financially practical, it's also a well-deserved slap in the face to the disgustingly unethical American pharmeceutical companies taking advantage of sick people by charging them an arm and leg for something that should be (and very well could be) free or very close to it.

It's my way of raging against the capitalist machine.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
I have almost same side and top like you. Thinnning is almost same every where, except that my hair line is ok, its not receded at all. I am just praying to God that, I don’t have male pattern baldness. May be I am just fooling myself. My frustration has no bound. By the way, best of Luck dude.