Started With Finasteride (pics Included)

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently started on Finasteride (two weeks ago). Reason why i am using Finasteride is because i feel like my hair got thinner. My dad started to lose hair in his late 20s and i am 24 now. My grandfather (moms dad) still got hair so i guess its hope! Im using Nizoral aswell. I don't want to use Minoxidil because i am happy with my hairline right now. As long as it sticks this way.

I started to see alot of hair on my pillow / in my bedsheets the last year, and i still feel like im shedding, but i only used Finasteride for two weeks so I guess i will have to wait.

Attachments

• 17006314_10158188643630307_574309017_n.jpg
    17006314_10158188643630307_574309017_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 644
  • 17028791_10158188643530307_313393245_n.jpg
    17028791_10158188643530307_313393245_n.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 587
  • 17028914_10158188643730307_2081881994_n.jpg
    17028914_10158188643730307_2081881994_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 575
  • 17035431_10158188643655307_839795695_n.jpg
    17035431_10158188643655307_839795695_n.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 637
  • 17077814_10158188643600307_1272409464_n.jpg
    17077814_10158188643600307_1272409464_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 570

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
gl with your progress

Thanks! As you can see I have high hairline, but i can live with that. As long as i am keeping all my hairs like it is now. You know any shampoo I should use? I might stop Nizoral and try the Regenpure DR and the NT on offdays. I read something about it but i am now sure.

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im using nizoral and green tea natural shampoo, i never used regenepure so i cant tell if its good but as i know it have same thing as nizoral if im not mistaken

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're like nw3 with godlike density. If you respond great to finasteride you'd prob get back to a 2 imo. Good luck!

Thanks i guess! Im not really into what NW3 stands for, but as i said. I am quite happy with my hairline atm, I just want to keep it with Finasteride. I will start to use Biotin as supplement aswell, and try Revita or Regenpure! My dad has little few hairs, but my moms dad got the same hairline as me, but still has hair! He is like 75 or so! One of my uncles has hair and the other one has little. So i guess there is a hope if I use Finasteride as medical treatment.

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
George Cotsarelis made some overview comments some time ago regarding male pattern baldness after his study. He believes the damaging effects of DHT, include an imbalance of the hair cycles where follicles spend way too much time in telogen (resting phase). Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in balding scalp. I personally believe that when follicles are in telogen, they become saturated in this growth inhibiting enzyme. Some researchers have stated that these hairs are so damaged that the body no longer recognizes the follicles as part of your body and your own immune system attacks your follicles in your genetically predetermined areas of hair loss.

Here is my own experience and what helped me. Several years ago, I got into some poison ivy and the only treatment that helped the resulting eczema is triamcinolone acetonide cream. Triamcinolone acetonide is a medium-strength steroid that inhibits your body's immune reaction. It has a listed side effect of "excessive hair growth" and it's used to treat alopecia areata and alopecia universalis. I noticed after using triamcinolone acetonide cream, hardly any of my hair falls out. I only use it twice per week because it can cause skin thinning.

Balding scalp according to studies have less blood vessels and adipose than the permanent areas of hair like the sides and back of your head. Working at Dr. Cole's office over the years, I have noticed that patients using Avodart or finasteride have a relatively normal layer of cushy fat under their scalp where men usually go bald. There is something you can do to improve the volume of blood vessels in your scalp. Simply put, exercise stimulates neovascularization. Exercise your scalp by moving the muscles in you scalp with your head tipped down and resisting against your hands forcing in the opposite direction. Increased blood flow will improve hair growth. Improved blood supply is an overlooked factor in improving hair growth. For example, many patients who have lost transplanted hair over decades usually still have growth at the frontal hairline where there are usually more blood vessels. Minoxidil originally prescribed for hypertension dilates blood vessels and improves hair growth. Nicotine constricts blood vessels and studies have shown that it accelerates hair loss in men genetically programmed to lose hair. PRP improves hair growth in most people. I have seen the HairCheck data on many patients that confirm an improvement. Valerie Horsley believes after evaluating the results of her hair loss study that the Adipose layer signals blood platelets to release growth factors. Diminished growth factors = hair entering resting phase where the follicles are soaked and further weakened in PGD2. The immune system finishes off the hair. One time while in the surgery room video taping Dr. Cole extracting beard hair grafts, he commented that it is rare to see a beard hair in telogen. Place your fingers on your beard area and notice the fatty layer. Now place your fingers on the balding area of your scalp and notice how it feels like skin stretched over bone. I would say that scalp resistance exercises have improved my hair density by about 40% over the 3 years i have been doing them.

Chuck -Dr. Cole's office

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
George Cotsarelis made some overview comments some time ago regarding male pattern baldness after his study. He believes the damaging effects of DHT, include an imbalance of the hair cycles where follicles spend way too much time in telogen (resting phase). Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in balding scalp. I personally believe that when follicles are in telogen, they become saturated in this growth inhibiting enzyme. Some researchers have stated that these hairs are so damaged that the body no longer recognizes the follicles as part of your body and your own immune system attacks your follicles in your genetically predetermined areas of hair loss.

Here is my own experience and what helped me. Several years ago, I got into some poison ivy and the only treatment that helped the resulting eczema is triamcinolone acetonide cream. Triamcinolone acetonide is a medium-strength steroid that inhibits your body's immune reaction. It has a listed side effect of "excessive hair growth" and it's used to treat alopecia areata and alopecia universalis. I noticed after using triamcinolone acetonide cream, hardly any of my hair falls out. I only use it twice per week because it can cause skin thinning.

Balding scalp according to studies have less blood vessels and adipose than the permanent areas of hair like the sides and back of your head. Working at Dr. Cole's office over the years, I have noticed that patients using Avodart or finasteride have a relatively normal layer of cushy fat under their scalp where men usually go bald. There is something you can do to improve the volume of blood vessels in your scalp. Simply put, exercise stimulates neovascularization. Exercise your scalp by moving the muscles in you scalp with your head tipped down and resisting against your hands forcing in the opposite direction. Increased blood flow will improve hair growth. Improved blood supply is an overlooked factor in improving hair growth. For example, many patients who have lost transplanted hair over decades usually still have growth at the frontal hairline where there are usually more blood vessels. Minoxidil originally prescribed for hypertension dilates blood vessels and improves hair growth. Nicotine constricts blood vessels and studies have shown that it accelerates hair loss in men genetically programmed to lose hair. PRP improves hair growth in most people. I have seen the HairCheck data on many patients that confirm an improvement. Valerie Horsley believes after evaluating the results of her hair loss study that the Adipose layer signals blood platelets to release growth factors. Diminished growth factors = hair entering resting phase where the follicles are soaked and further weakened in PGD2. The immune system finishes off the hair. One time while in the surgery room video taping Dr. Cole extracting beard hair grafts, he commented that it is rare to see a beard hair in telogen. Place your fingers on your beard area and notice the fatty layer. Now place your fingers on the balding area of your scalp and notice how it feels like skin stretched over bone. I would say that scalp resistance exercises have improved my hair density by about 40% over the 3 years i have been doing them.

Chuck -Dr. Cole's office
Hey Chuck, what is your over all view on minoxidil? Do you think its possible for it to shed hairs hairs and they won't grow back? Why do so many people complain about shedding with it and claim only areas where they apply get worse and don't recover?

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Chuck, what is your over all view on minoxidil? Do you think its possible for it to shed hairs hairs and they won't grow back? Why do so many people complain about shedding with it and claim only areas where they apply get worse and don't recover?

I use a knockoff foam version and have not had any bad reactions. It seems to help a little and the foam appears to have a volumizer. Since minoxidil improves blood flow, there is the possibility that minoxidil could increase another medication's hair loss side effect. For example in 2002, I took Ibuprofen and Allegra. My hair thinned dramatically. I later discovered that both have a listed side of hair loss. The hair did grow back, so the loss was stimulation of my hair's resting phase. I think anyone with shedding should evaluate their diet and medications they are taking.

Chuck - Dr. Cole's office

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a knockoff foam version and have not had any bad reactions. It seems to help a little and the foam appears to have a volumizer. Since minoxidil improves blood flow, there is the possibility that minoxidil could increase another medication's hair loss side effect. For example in 2002, I took Ibuprofen and Allegra. My hair thinned dramatically. I later discovered that both have a listed side of hair loss. The hair did grow back, so the loss was stimulation of my hair's resting phase. I think anyone with shedding should evaluate their diet and medications they are taking.

Chuck - Dr. Cole's office

Hi Chuck!
What do you think of a Finasteride 1,25mg, Biotin 5,000mg, Zinc 25mg, Multivitamins, Omega 3? I really don't want to use Minoxidil yet because i am kinda happy with how my hair is now. I just want to keep it like this and strenghten it, if I grow more it's a bonus.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you might be lucky, because you seem to be a " receder more than a " diffuser " . Your crown is thick ?
If your hairline doesn't bother you, and if you respond well to propecia , it might be good .

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
you might be lucky, because you seem to be a " receder more than a " diffuser " . Your crown is thick ?
If your hairline doesn't bother you, and if you respond well to propecia , it might be good .

I would say my crown is not thin and neither too thick, i think its "average" kinda. Thing is, after i started to use Finasteride it feels like i lose more hair when i am sleeping, after checking my pillow. Maybe it was like this before also, but during last night i see like 10-15 strains on my pillow. I hope this is a sign that the Finasteride is working....

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is some pictures while my hair is wet. I used comb on all the pictures to show you.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 374

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is thick, you just have receding hairline, if you are boring with your hairline, hair transplant can help you.

Obey92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is thick, you just have receding hairline, if you are boring with your hairline, hair transplant can help you.

Well, i feel its not as thick as it used to be for some years ago. Im fine with my hairline so my plan is just to use Finasteride together with Revita, Zinc, Biotin and a healthy lifestyle to keep what I have right now and try to get it thicker like before :) I hope i have some success with it. Right now i am shedding so I hope its a sign that my hair is getting rid off old hair and regrowth is happening.

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Chuck!
What do you think of a Finasteride 1,25mg, Biotin 5,000mg, Zinc 25mg, Multivitamins, Omega 3? I really don't want to use Minoxidil yet because i am kinda happy with how my hair is now. I just want to keep it like this and strenghten it, if I grow more it's a bonus.
Finasteride does help hair, but guys should stop using it if they get sexual sides. My daughter is taking nutrition courses and buys our family Barlean's Omega Swirl, "Ultra High Potency Fish Oil" EPA/DHA 1,500 mg. I believe it helps a little. My family mostly avoids non-organic foods and beef shot up with steroids and other chemicals. That said, I do think segments of the health industry push products that are not proven effective. I recommend sticking to the basics. For example, I read about the benefits of eating the "superfood" Goji Berries. I planted a lot of them on my property and when I ate the berries I got sick. Same thing happened to my wife. Turns out other people get nauseous from eating Goji Berries. It's a plant that's in the Nightshade family and in reality, for some people, not a good idea to eat.

There are a lot of people who inherit recession and their hair goes back to a certain point and pretty much stops there for life. You should consider doing a HairCheck. This takes most of the guesswork out of evaluating hair loss. In your case, I would keep an eye on hair caliber. If you notice that hair on your crown is finer caliber and only grows to a couple inches before falling out (going into resting phase), you should consider going to a doctor and having a medium grade steroid prescribed that will increase the duration of the anagen phase. Not all steroids have the listed side effect of "excessive hair growth". Hydrocortisone cream and triamcinolone acetonide cream both have a listed side of excessive hair growth. They either inhibit telogen or promote anagen. I believe they can inhibit your own immune system from attacking your hair follicles. Prolonged use can cause skin thinning, so if you do get an rx for either one, use sparingly. BTW, Hydrocortisone cream 1% is available at drug stores without a prescription.

Chuck

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride does help hair, but guys should stop using it if they get sexual sides. My daughter is taking nutrition courses and buys our family Barlean's Omega Swirl, "Ultra High Potency Fish Oil" EPA/DHA 1,500 mg. I believe it helps a little. My family mostly avoids non-organic foods and beef shot up with steroids and other chemicals. That said, I do think segments of the health industry push products that are not proven effective. I recommend sticking to the basics. For example, I read about the benefits of eating the "superfood" Goji Berries. I planted a lot of them on my property and when I ate the berries I got sick. Same thing happened to my wife. Turns out other people get nauseous from eating Goji Berries. It's a plant that's in the Nightshade family and in reality, for some people, not a good idea to eat.

There are a lot of people who inherit recession and their hair goes back to a certain point and pretty much stops there for life. You should consider doing a HairCheck. This takes most of the guesswork out of evaluating hair loss. In your case, I would keep an eye on hair caliber. If you notice that hair on your crown is finer caliber and only grows to a couple inches before falling out (going into resting phase), you should consider going to a doctor and having a medium grade steroid prescribed that will increase the duration of the anagen phase. Not all steroids have the listed side effect of "excessive hair growth". Hydrocortisone cream and triamcinolone acetonide cream both have a listed side of excessive hair growth. They either inhibit telogen or promote anagen. I believe they can inhibit your own immune system from attacking your hair follicles. Prolonged use can cause skin thinning, so if you do get an rx for either one, use sparingly. BTW, Hydrocortisone cream 1% is available at drug stores without a prescription.

Chuck
Not to be rude, but fish oil isn't going to do sh*t for male pattern baldness. While I recommend taking fish oil for its health benefits, its not going to stop male pattern baldness hair loss. Its better to get on finasteride before one's hair loss gets out of control. And hyrocortisone cream is not really a safe or effective way to combat hair loss, unless your loss is related to a a scalp infection.

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but fish oil isn't going to do sh*t for male pattern baldness. While I recommend taking fish oil for its health benefits, its not going to stop male pattern baldness hair loss. Its better to get on finasteride before one's hair loss gets out of control. And hyrocortisone cream is not really a safe or effective way to combat hair loss, unless your loss is related to a a scalp infection.
I agree, fish oil will not stop hair loss. However there are numerous studies posted on pubmed.gov indicating improved hair growth and improved cardiovascular health in people using Omega 3 products. One of the effects of DHT is reduced blood vessels in balding areas of scalp. My thought is, anything we can do to reverse the effects of DHT is a step in the right direction however small. Many researchers believe that the immune system plays a role in male pattern baldness causing an imbalance in the hair cycles. Hair in areas of the scalp affected by male pattern baldness spend too much time in the telogen phase (resting phase). Some doctors and researchers believe that hair has a finite number of cycles, so it's best to keep the hair in anagen for as long as possible. Hydrocortisone cream 1% is sold without a prescription and has been evaluated as having less serious sides than finasteride. The stronger steroid, Triamcinolone Acetonide topical is used in treating alopecia areata, totalis, and universalis. The side effects listed are less severe than those reported with finasteride. One notable listed side is greatly increased hair growth. I believe the increased hair growth is related to its effect of causing more hair to remain in anagen. One day the technology may be available where a person's genetics can be read and displayed visually in 3d. Researchers have learned that the effects of the genes a person is born with are not set in stone. Epigenetics is the study of changes in organisms caused by modification of gene expression as opposed to alteration of the genetic code itself. The field of epigenetics is expanding and with it the understanding that both the environment and individual lifestyle can also directly interact with the genome to influence epigenetic change. These changes may be observed at various stages throughout a person’s life and even in later generations.

-Chuck Dr. Cole's office

Last edited:

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is interesting to note for example, the homeless guys with amazing hair. Doubt they pay much attention to nutrition, health, etc.. Undoubtedly not much history of baldness in this man's family. The man with a family history of hair loss is quite a different story. Research indicates that cigarettes, sunburn, and certain medications can often have a noticeable negative impact on their hair loss.
homeless-116.jpg